|30 days from delivery||Damaged, Defective, Item not as described||Replacement|
|30 days from delivery||Exchange for colors and size, Does not fit||Exchange|
|10 days from delivery||Damaged, Item not as described||Replacement|
|Cable Length||1.8 m|
Advise to other customers:
If you own a mint or have the courage to take a chance of ordering this:
1. Please open the product immediately on receipt before making the payment
2. Make the payment only after you have ascertained that
a) All the 3 items/components are present
b) Make sure that the internal package seems fresh and the seals on the internal package also exist
c) Make sure that the package is in a usable/ gift-able (in case you plan to gift the same)/working condition
The packaging of the items that came to me today, makes me feel that this is certainly a used and a second hand item on two counts, one the dirtiness on the internal packaging and the absence of the seal on one opening, and two the internal cardboard/ paper holder inside the internal packaging is in a dilapidated and terrible condition.
The Package that came to me today had a sealed external package, an internal package which was dirty, seems to have been used earlier (second hand?), shabby and was not sealed (this is a package normally from the manufacturer), the holder inside the internal package which was almost dilapidated and seems to have been used earlier, and did not have the USB to mini USB Cable, which is mentioned on the site, as well as in the invoice which comes inside the package, and also on the internal cardboard/paper holder inside the internal packaging
3. Be prepared to spend some time every day to do follow-ups and also spend some money in making calls, use your personal time on the machine, and if you are an extremely busy person, avoid attending to some critical, urgent, and important issues to do the follow-up.
4. Be sure, that there will not be a resolution on the first call you make.
5. Make a plan of follow-up (like writing about it at the various forums, to friends, and to bring it to the notice of as many relevant persons, and organisations, as possible, may be going to consumer forums, if you have the time and the inclination) as, the next step after calling up the customer service, before you order. (I think it is not the fault of the customer service guy who receives the call from you, and like most organisations who do lip service to customer service and delight, the guy receiving the call has no authority and he probably does not care much about your experience, as it’s just another job for him.
I don’t blame Flipkart or Belkin as an organisation for the product, which may actually be great if delivered in its entirety and in good condition. I feel sure some individuals are involved in not doing their job properly or deliberately doing this with malicious intent of spoiling the image of either one or both these organisations.
First thing I agree with following person!
It was surprise disappointment opening outer package.
No one will find such cheap packaging(Belkin) not even in platform shops. I have no belief that it is original.
Another thing I use Iphone and Nokia N8, thought it would be handy to have at office.
After opening I tried with Iphone 3GS It charges but another disappoint to me was it was not charging my Nokia N8!
It doesn't stop there, then I looked back charger for its Power Ratings.
Then I realized my total waste of money on this!
All the smartphone uses atleast 5v, 700mA rating, iphone is even more 5v, 1000mA, but this charger supplies only 5v, 550mA each!
But also it doesn't seems like delivering rated current because PC usb(5v, 500mA) charges faster than this charger!
When I was on voice call(2G, internet turned OFF) also connected this charger, it doesn't even increase 1% even after 15 mins of talking.
I am talking about all these ratings because I couldn't find this information even in Belkin's product page.
I would have never chosen this if I am already aware of this power ratings.
After all this is a dead slow charger where could be easily obtained in road side shops for just 100Rs and sure it is gonna ruin your time and battery life!
And also it doesn't look like a new one at all!
Now its your wish.
I ordered this device so that me and my wife could plug in our Android phones at the same time & we could keep our stock charger in the office for backup. It is great to carry when travelling too due to the limited plug points available in hotels.
Pros: excellent charger, compact with the folding pins,great length of the supplied cables & blue LED doubles as a night lamp for me!!
Cons: Mini USB cable bundled with the charger has very limited use (only my X-Mini capsule speaker uses it!). Would have been awesome to get a Micro USB cable which all the smartphones use today.
Should you buy it instead of a regualar charger?
The charger is of good quality and a must for frequent travelers. BUT the 2 cables supplied are useless.
1. The iphone/ipod/ipad cable is a charge only cable. No sync at all?!?! STRANGE
2. MINI USB.... Which phone actually still has that... WE need micro now
this is a really good quality charger only wish if it came with mini usb instead of micro usb.
apple cable cannot be used for syncing (weird)
should provide with round converter for indian sockets