Track using Order ID
Login and do more!
- Track individual Orders
- View your entire Order history
- Cancel individual Orders
- Conveniently review products and sellers
View in Flipkart App
Table Of Contents
PART I PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY
1. The Earth and the Universe 1 Exploring the Universe
2. The Earth's Crust
3. Vulcanism and Earthquakes
4. Weathering, Mass Movement and Groundwater
5. Landforms made by Running Water
6. Landforms of Glaciation
7. Arid or Desert Landforms
8. Limestone and Chalk Landforms
9. Lakes 66 General,
10. Coastal Landforms
11. Islands and Coral Reefs
12. The Oceans
PART 2 WEATHER, CLIMATE AND VEGETATION
15. The Hot, Wet Equatorial Climate
16. The Tropical Monsoon and Tropical Marine Climates
17. The Savanna or Sudan Climate
18. The Hot Desert and Mid-Latitude Desert Cli-mates
19. The Warm Temperate Western Margin (Mediterranean) Climate
20. The Temperate Continental (Steppe) Climate
21. The Warm Temperate Eastern Margin (China Type) Climate
22. The Cool Temperate Western Margin (British Type) Climate
23, The Cool Temperate Continental (Siberian) Climate
24. The Cool Temperate Eastern Margin (Lauren-tian) Climate
25. The Arctic or Polar Climate .
|University Books Details|
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Exam||Civil Services General|
|Number of Pages||192 Pages|
|Author||GOH CHENG LEONG|
Have you used this product?
Rate it now.Write a Review
Jul 28, 2015
Complete Guide of Human Geography
Jun 27, 2015
Excellent book for physical geography
May 20, 2015
Apr 6, 2015
VIJAY SINGH SAHARAN
Apr 2, 2015
Dec 26, 2011
desperate need to UPDATE!!Though its a 2012 reprint bt the edition is of the 70's.One can for once overlook the fact that its no longer BOMBAY n MADRAS but its distressing to see that PLUTO is still considered the 9th planet and USSR is still a country..such handiwork is not expected from 'THE' OXFORD PRESS!
Sep 20, 2011
Best BookThis book is an indispensible tool for preparing core concepts of psysical geography for Civil Services Preliminary Examination.
Apr 15, 2013
Ancient GeographyGeography of Ancient World:
Abdul Ahad Siddique
Nov 19, 2013
good bookfantastic book for developing physical geography gyan. good for civil services. people complaining that it is very old version (1974 edition) so it is and thats why it is so cheap. it doesnt matter that its Bombay or Mumbai or USSR or Russia as this book deals with physical geo not the political one.
Jun 11, 2012
excellent book for UPSC civil'services preparationIt is a must buy book for getting hold of geography concepts. It is rich in diagrams, illustrations and case studies.
Dec 12, 2012
Google would be best than this book , Very much out DatedAs one user said in december 2011 , the pluto has been referred as ninth planet . but i m writing this in december 2012 still it is not updated that means there is no updated versions available .
Oct 10, 2014
Best geography book ever.Don't worry about people complaining that it is outdated. Concepts don't get outdated. This is book is so well written that you won't even feel like putting it down. The concepts are explained beautifully in a simple way. If you are preparing for any exam or just want to read about geography or whatever be your reason with geography in it, this is the book you are looking for.
Mar 11, 2014
Not worth it!!!Desperately needs updation!!! If u guys r planning to use it for ur UPSC Civil service prep, only few chapters are worth referring to...
Nov 10, 2013
GC Leong"Pluto still is the 9th planet" is not the only glitch. It has mentioned wrong/not updated info about number of moons of Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune, no info on moon of mars...The old information needs to get updated.
Jan 7, 2012
best bookcan you think of geography without this book???