Track using Order ID
Login and do more!
- Track individual Orders
- View your entire Order history
- Cancel individual Orders
- Conveniently review products and sellers
Well, this is no frustrated newbie review, its just a vast experience of one year with the camera.
The best way to look at it would be to present its pros and cons directly; so here they are:
1. Great zoom in this price. Its just the optical zoom that is needed, I never needed the digital zoom part (plus digital zoom is useless too).
2. The AA batteries. I considered these while buying this camera and it worked. Quite a few times I ran out of battery power on the go and getting another set of AA batteries was way too much easier that to charge an inbuilt proprietary battery again.
3. Manual and Custom modes are very useful. You can set the exposure (obviously), shutter speed and the f value too. It supports a wide variety of ISO settings which also make the camera handy when a DSLR is not available.
4. The built is strong. I mean it works even when I dropped it accidentally in the mud. I cleaned it up immediately and shook it to force the water drops off before it could cause any potential damage.
5. Battery lasts a lot. Enough for you to take a full day (about 12 hours with the EVF) of random shots in a festival like surroundings (where you want shoot things in every 10-15 minutes all day) while constantly zooming in and out (zooming takes a lot of power as it makes use of a mechanical motor, all of it without flash).
6. You can enjoy highly diverse depth of fields using that zoom and can shoot macros from 5 meters away. It is useful with sightseeing, tours and all.
7. The Electronic ViewFinder (EVF) is a real powersaver and an aid to image stabilization. It is easier to stabilize while resting the camera on you head.
Cons (this is going to be a long list) :
1. The speed is annoying. The response time is very slow, it takes almost 2 seconds for the camera to be ready for another shot even when used with a Class 10 memory card.
2. Indoor shooting is shameful. Most of the shots get blurred.
3. Colours. The colours are awful, lifeless. Even a 6K range camera takes more vivid pictures. Lifeless photos is a loss of cheerful memories to me.
4. Weight - The camera weighs too much. I know with this design it should but why go for this design when the slim ones are better (or at least competitive) in almost every aspect.
5. Size - Its is too bulky. Be it now or later you will find it a headache to carry it along.
6. Smile and face detection suck. When the other camera placed adjacently detect 10 faces above ten pairs of shoulders, this Fuji thing detects 8 (6 of them above the shoulders and rest on the moon). Smile detection is useless, I mean nobody is going to keep saying cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese until they feel like pooping while waiting for the camera to shoot, which it does not do.
7. Flash makes the deal 3 out of 5 times, rest of the time it feels like the flash got reflected of the camera's barrel and ruined the photo (I do not know what exactly happens, but the image gets out of focus).
8. Autofocus is real slow. At times, it honestly tries for a few seconds and then tells you that it cannot focus when the object has gone much far from where you wanted to shoot it.
9. Image stabilization does half its work. It is less efficient then the competitors.
10. Panaroma mode tests your will to take a panaromic shot. It is a three shot sequence in which you need to match the edges and then the camera would stich the shots for you. This camera does not have sweep panaroma like Sony and others, remember.
11. The camera forgets the time every now and then. I meam when a mobile phone can make the time persist even after removing the battery, what's wrong with this device!
12. It won't tell you the battery status until it gets low. The camera uses 3-Bar notification icon for battery which only flashes when the last bar is left, rest of the time it is hidden.
13. It only has four colour modes B&W, Standard, Fine and Chrome. Standard and Fine feel no different and the Chrome thing is useless, at least for me. It would be better it was Sepia or Vivid.
Honestly I wish I would have bought a slim point and shoot like Ixus or a Sony which have much better colours and are light and at least my family could use it as well (they don't feel comfortable shooting when such a big thing with lots of lots of buttons is handed to them). The only things that make me happy about this camera is the zoom and AA batteries support.
Also the other variants of Fuji in this section (the S2950 and the S4500) follow the same legacy as most of the problems is within the software that they design which won't have changed for sure, but I don't clearly know, read about them first.
Consider those pros and cons and decide yourself now. :-)
Recently I was looking for the camera for my personal need.
I was thinking to buy DSLR cam and thought for going Canon EOS 5D.
But it was way too high for my budget and finally I settled to buy for a superzoom cam with similarity with DSLRs.
So I started looking for superzooms and finally I decided to buy FUJIFILM FinePix s3300 based on the reviews on FlipKart.
As this was my first big order on the portal (I have earlier bought small items with cash on delivery option) I confess I was little skeptical about it.
I ordered the cam on 12th Jun and FlipKart delivered it to my doorstep on 16th Jun.
It was so nicely packed with cushions that I was impressed.
Let's get to the cam part.
At first I used the cam on Auto settings, and results are not good as it sometimes detects the indoor scene as landscape (Really!!).
But when I switched to manual operation, whoa.. this cam has power punch.
I was able to get sharp quality on the pics and the 26x zoom is a really awesome feature.
Overall I would recommend choosing this cam on any point and shoot cam as this is a bridge cam and if you master the manual functions, you master the DSLRs.
This produces one of the worst picture quality than any other cam.
In bright sunlight this produces an image like it was applied with some filters using photo shop s/w.
Please don't buy.
The camera has some good features but never mind, the photo quality is very bad
purchased this camera about 3 months back and is a great one for the value..
the only prob is with the hd video recording... the HD video recording is restricted to exactly 9 minutes and cannot take any more dan dat..
except this, the picture quality is great, zooming power is amazing and battery backup is satisfactory..
overall a great camera at a great prize...And yes, amazing service by flipkart..
Pros:the features at this cost!! 5+/5 canon and nikon cost much above this ..
camera shooting properties 4+/5..( need to learn more of its features).. very handy and having a vast array of them..
26x optical zoom.. is fantastic.. like the AUTO(800) and AUTO 400 ISO feature which uses ISO upto this level under different light conditions.. SR auto clicks one with flash and one without is also good
Delivery by bluedart took 7 working days.. a long wait
Cons: the camera bag given along with this set was not good.. infact i had the zipper damaged in the first few uses..
4 alkaline batteries
4 rechargeable batteries
1 battery charger
4gb sd card sandisk
USB and TV cord in one for connecting to a PC and for live on TV.
Installer CD for tutorials(nothing big in the CD)
Picture quality: Good 4+/5
Variable zoom: good.. 4+/5
camera operation : 4/5
macro : 4+/5
picture noise: not so evident.. good clicks even in poor lighting conditions
Camera grip: 4+/5
video recording : HD
in total for this cost and features and in total i find the camera worthy enough for the price and rate it a 4+/5
This camera is awesome. Love the pixel density of the images. Pictures seem so crystal clear. I can't see any other con than the fact that is a little bulky.
Pictures however look very crystal clear, especially when taken during the day. Recommending!!!
I got this camera one month back. Sure before buying this one I had a huge crush on Canon PowerShot SX130 IS.But later on thought that this one is 14mp along with 26X. So I bought it and it was a nightmare. My friend has this Canon PowerShot SX130 IS which has 12mp and 12X zoom but the picture quality and details were awesome with his camera. Whenever I try face recognition it doesn't recognize face but when I it on wall it recognizes the faces 1 or 2 sometimes 3. I have started getting the feeling of that it recognizes ghosts only and not humans. I am trying to get rid of it now only and waiting for some to buy. Also its not worth this price also. Look for other options. Seriously.
I have ordered this camera from flipkart and needless to say great service, delivered fast.
The camera is awesome and good for learners to start photography..
Easy to use and lives up to the expectations.
Great value for money.
This is an awesome camera. For it's price it gives descent photo quality. Most of the advanced photography features are also available. The zoom is amazing as well. Buy if you are looking for a reasonably priced switch over camera.
I am using this camera for more than a year now. This is the best camera I have ever used. It gives superfine close up shots. But digital zoom is not that good. It produces a little blurr image. Outdoor shots are just amazing, compared to indoor shots. You have to use flash while shooting indoor. Battery consumption is extremely low if used with EVF. So fully charged batteries gives you a day long shooting experience.
I will give 8 out of 10.