Track using Order ID
Login and do more!
- Track individual Orders
- View your entire Order history
- Cancel individual Orders
- Conveniently review products and sellers
GO FOR IT........
It is a good book for GATE. The concept and the solutions have great explanation. And trust on TMH publisher makes it quite worthy to use.
No other material is needed after this book but please don't take a chance and use reference books as much as possible.
I used this book to study for GATE 2013 (without using any other reference books) and scored 52.33/100 (AIR 1473 and 99.11 percentile) in my first attempt.
The theory in the book is excellent and very well presented and you will get a clear understanding of the concepts, which is the most important requirement for getting a high score in GATE.
However, there are a few shortcomings. There are some printing mistakes. The maths section is not exhaustively covered. The questions should have been of higher quality.
Overall, I found it to be a decent buy. It covers most of the GATE syllabus. It may help if you also refer to a book dedicated to past years' solved GATE papers, as this one has only solved papers of 2011 and 2012.
I studied engineering mathematics, engg. mechanics, SoM, ToM, mech. vibrations, machine design, fluid mechanics and machinery, and some thermal sciences from it and secured marks of + 48.33 on scale of - 32 to + 100 in GATE 2013, with All India rank 2295. That was 98.6 percentile.
Some warnings, though:
1. Laplace transforms is not covered in the mathematics section.
2. The chapter of "Linear Algebra" is supposed to cover eigenvalues and eigenvectors according to the syllabus, but it does not.
3. "Engineering Mechanics" chapter (longest, of 76 pages) covers an extra topic of gravitation that is not even part of GATE syllabus.
4. Chapters of "Complex Variables", "Probability and Statistics" and "Numerical Methods" are just 9, 9 and 7 pages long, respectively. You may need to refer to math textbooks if you need more practice.
Chapter of "Theory of Machines" has topics of governors, cam and follower, and balancing that are not mentioned in the syllabus. But it may be helpful to review them.
I did not study much the chapters in section II (covering manufacturing and industrial engineering part of syllabus), so I can't comment much on them.
Each chapter has several questions from the author in the end, but many of these do not seem to be of GATE quality, level or type. I would recommend preparation using only questions from past years' GATE question papers. Some past GATE questions are given at the end of each chapter in this book.
Dis book is indeed d best one. Cud score All India Rank 1 (P&I). Thanx to Flipkart nd TMH for d timely availability of d book. I'm thankful to Slariya Sir for his classroom coaching on Production related topics nd test series. His topics covered in d book in simple and lucid manner had been very helpful to me. Thanx everybody...
This book contains more errors. The key provided for the questions also not correct. If you are Solving The questions from this book, you will get a confusion in your concepts and it is not recommended to buy.
This book Contains good Theory from every chapter.
I appeared for GATE this year. I was looking for a complete and comprehensive textbook for the preparation. Before buying this book I ran through its reviews and found the mild criticism of book for its errors and mistakes. But when I personally used it, I got to know that its way below the mark. I am writing below both the pros and cons of this book.
1. Book has lost its credibility over minute errors, there's always a feeling at the back of mind to check facts, process parameters, formulas, etc. against the standard references.
2. Author has tried his best to give lengthy exercise at the end of each chapter but the questions are too silly, sometimes you will just don't believe on the answer key. Most of the questions are self made and are mostly repetitive and not clear in their objective.
3. The book is not in the best shape according to the syllabus just focusing on GATE. It includes the topics which are no longer the part of syllabus ans the presented text are too shallow or primitive.
4. "Points to Remember" part of any chapter is not designed to have a cursory look or for look up of tables, formulas, etc.
5. Book is containing some topics on General Aptitude just for the sake of completeness. There's no real effort from the author to keep it near the GATE standards.
Book is containing previous years GATE questions, but the solutions to hard problems are missing.
My recommendation: There is no error-proof book in the market for good preparation. Better to buy different books and share among your group.
P.S: I studied with my friend who had "Arihant GATE tutor". It was good mixture of content to prepare and we both secured decently good ranks in the GATE.
i purchased this book last year this book is fantastic to crac gate in first attempt.
i read only this book and suucesfully crack GATE-2013 only in first attempt succesfully. i advice to buy this book.
I have purchased the book near the GATE exam. Best amongst all the available books in the market. Flow is excellent, level gradually rises, matches with theory, points to remember are very helpful,descriptive questions are helpful in solving objectives, carries GATE solved questions in a lucid manner which are topic wise too and last 2 years' papers are fully solved.
Doesnot carry any mistake.
Excellent delivery by flipkart, always remember them for their services.
Must go for this book only..............
This book even though it covers most of the content needed for GATE, contains a lot of mistakes.
The mistakes are there in formulas, theories, problems, answers to problems and in the solutions as well ( basically everywhere).
So one wouldn't know whether he is on the right track or not.
But I would say its a decent book if one wants to quickly go through the theory of a topic.
The questions given in the book are many a times not related to theory after which the problems are given. Many a times that part is not at all covered in the book still the question is asked. This is annoying.
My Advice: Don't buy this book go for some other book...