What is the Wallet?
The Wallet is a prepaid instrument that enables you to shop on Flipkart.com multiple times by making a payment for a certain amount. This will be added to your Wallet as prepaid balance.
When you select the Wallet as the mode of payment for your order, the corresponding amount will be deducted from your Wallet balance.
Henceforth, any new top-ups made into the Wallet will be limited to purchases only to the Flyte category - MP3s and eBooks. In case your Wallet has unused topped-up balance, you may continue to use it make purchases across all categories till it is exhausted.
Why should I use the Wallet?
The Wallet feature lets you conveniently make purchases on Flipkart.com
- Maintain Wallet balance and make multiple payments without entering card or bank details every single time you place an order
- Simpler and faster checkout process
- Failed payments are no more a concern
How do I sign up for the Wallet feature?
You are not required to sign up separately for the Wallet. Simply log in to your Flipkart.com account to begin using the Wallet feature. Of course you need to maintain a balance to actually pay using this option.
How do I fill money into my Wallet?
In order to top-up your Wallet,
- Log in to your Flipkart.com account
- Go to the Wallet page in the Accounts section
- Enter the amount you want to top-up with (max limit ₹10,000)
- Go through the check-out process as usual
How much money can I fill into the Wallet?
The upper limit on each Wallet top-up is ₹10,000.
How do I view my Wallet balance?
In order to view your Wallet balance,
- Log in to your Flipkart.com account
- Go to the Wallet page in the Accounts
Once you log in, the Wallet balance will be visible in the header section of Flipkart.com
Why do I see multiple balances in my Wallet?
The Wallet can comprise of three components
- Topped-Up Balance: This component refers to the topped-up balance in your Wallet that you have purchased using your Credit, Debit Card or Netbanking for use against future orders. The amount residing in this component is non-refundable.
- Store Credit: This is the credit offered by Flipkart.com typically in lieu of a cancelled order. The amount residing in this component can be completely refunded to you (if you so choose).
- Promotional Balance: This is credit granted by Flipkart.com purely for promotional or goodwill purposes. The amount residing in this component is not refundable. The Wallet balance is sum total of the three components mentioned above.
How do I redeem Wallet balance?
In order to use your Wallet balance,
- Add items to your cart
- Go through the usual check-out process
- In the payment step of check-out, choose Wallet as the mode of payment
How does the Wallet redemption work?
For redemption, please note the following two points:
- The total balance in the Wallet (irrespective of the source) will always be available for redemption.
- During redemption, the non-refundable section of the wallet gets deducted first, followed by the refundable section.
This has been done to extend maximum benefit to you, so that, as much as possible, the leftover amount in the Wallet is refundable.
What do I do if my Wallet balance is insufficient?
In case your Wallet balance is lower than the total amount payable for your order, you can make a partial payment using your Wallet and then pay the remaining amount using any of the other prepaid payment options. Please note that Cash-on-Delivery cannot be combined with a Wallet payment.
Can I transfer my Wallet balance?
No. The Wallet is associated with your Flipkart account only and cannot be transferred to other accounts.
What is the Refund Policy for the Wallet?
The refund policy of the Wallet is governed by the type of balance you maintain in your Wallet account.
- Topped-Up Balance: This component refers to the prepaid credit balance in your wallet that you have purchased using your Credit, Debit Card or Netbanking for use against future orders. The amount residing in this component is not refundable.
- Store Credit: This is the credit offered by Flipkart.com typically in lieu of a cancelled order. The amount residing in this component can be completely refunded to you (if you so choose). The Wallet balance is the sum total of the two components mentioned above.
- Promotional Balance: This is credit granted by Flipkart.com purely for promotional or goodwill purposes. The amount residing in this component is not refundable.
What is the change in the Refunds Policy of Wallet?
As of 2nd February 2012, the Refunds Policy for the Wallet has been slightly modified. As per the earlier policy, the entire balance in the wallet was fully refundable. Under the updated policy, the Topped-Up balance in the Wallet will not be refundable starting 2nd February 2012.
Going forward, once you have purchased balance for your wallet, it will only be redeemable against a purchase and not a refund. All other terms with respect to the wallet remain the same.
What if I want my existing topped-up Wallet balance back?
In case you are not comfortable with the changes concerning top-ups/refunds and you want your existing Wallet topped-up balance to be refunded - get in touch with our Customer Support before February 29, 2012. This is only for Wallet top-ups done prior to February 2, 2012.
Is there any expiry date for the balance in the Wallet?
No. There is no expiry date for the Wallet balance. You will be able to use it to make purchases at any point in time.
Can I delete my Wallet?
Since the Wallet is associated with an account, it cannot be deleted separately. The Wallet as a feature is designed to expedite your payments on Flipkart. You may choose not to use it.