This phone comes with Windows Phone 7.5 pre-loaded. It is upgradable till Windows Phone 7.8. But not beyond. This is the second phone from HTC to have low-light photography capabilities and Sweep Panaroma. First being it's big brother HTC Titan. Aluminium Uni-body contributes to the superior build quality. Windows Phone 7.5 offers intuitive user interface. One downside is that the, e-mail functionality is not supported by corporate e-mail accounts. Reason being the unavailability of encryption techniques as opposed to iOS and Android.
Best service from Flipkart
I was purchase it in last year 2012 near about June and July and it gives me excellent features and make me think to smart as Smartphone.....with great 5 mp camera. I was purchase my HTC radar from Flipkart with best services.
Well at this price - Best phone in the market.
1. Checked many stores outside, Still selling it at 23.5 k.
2. At 512 MB RAM no other OS runs as smooth as Windows. Phone runs smooth like butter on hot toast.
3. LOOKS TO KILL
4. 1520 mah battery lasts more then 10 hours, point to note - i am power user.
5. HTC is a class, this phone actually competes with Iphone on many fronts.
6. Screen makes simplest of picture look like HD.
7. Camera - Only one word - Awesome.
8. At similar configuration no Android phone is a competition.
(Because Android with similar configuration will be slow and battery consuming)
9. Its been two months and i have not faced any issue of low memory. Its loaded with music and usually my phone is free from unwanted showoff videos. So 8GB internal memory is more then enough.
1. Memory for few who are- " i want everything in my phone " kinda.
2. NO wifi tethering
3. Bad In -package ear phones, and u will need something with good amplifiers to control radar's music output.
4. Limited accessories option
5. Zune can restrict you from doing lot of things with your media which u liked on your Android.
6. WhatsApp is not very smooth on this phone. It Works but not perfectly. But that's WhatsApp developers problem.
Overall 4 star at this price. i was using above 20k phones and i
downgraded in terms of price to try this but seriously fell in love with it. I am sure my next phone will be HTC windows new launches.
By the way i received phone in not working condition from Flipkart. They replaced it without much of hassle. So mixed comments on service this time flipkart.
GO for it if its available.
Value for Money is the first thing which comes to my mind when i describe the RADAR.
Features are excellent, Battery life is excellent
1. Signal Strength is weak
2. Windows Mango needs a lot of tweaking as it doesn't display your after call info like balance etc
3. Hangs sometimes, when using extensive multitasking
4. Every operation to be done in by Zune, which can get a bit irritating at times
5. No OS up gradation Possibility
6. No screen lock
Other than that its a great product to use and as the title says m in its range, its truly a BLIND CHOICE
I'm not talking about technical specs...
Its the user interface which does the magic...
best mobile phone under this range...
go for it if u r bored with your ANDROIDS.
definitely,windows phone deserves more recognition than it usually gets.
I am using this phone for last 2 weeks and I would like to point 2 things:
1) Signal reception is as issue in area's with weak signal. My older phones from Nokia and Samsung have better signal reception with the same SIM Card.
2) Loud speaker is not very loud, consequently in crowded places it would be difficult to hear the ring tone.
Other than the above 2 I think its a great phone to own, good VFM, also radiation levels from this phone i.e SAR values are low which I think is also a plus.
are you sure that omnia and lumia are better than this one??
if yes then check them out again....u cannot transfer files via bluetooth even in lumia and omnia...actually windows phone os doesnt allows u to transfer files via bluetooth...whereas u can do other stuffs with bluetooth like connect headset or connect it to speakers or pc....
but that doesnt mean its a crap...do u know even in iphone u cant transfer files through bluetooth...will u also call 50k bucks as a waste of money...obvsly nt...:)
so cheer up...u have one of the best smartphone available in the market...if u r looking at cons then also see it pros
1) internet explorer in ur ph. is the fastest browser in smart phone category
2) office can let u do stuffs that u cant do on others
3) and tel me which android ph. will give u that kind of clean, easy and fresh experience....that to with a superfast and lag free unlike androids
i absolutely love wp7....so wil u, if u see its unique features...:)
wow wow !!!! wt a beauty .. great to hold buttery touch non lagging os ... do u wan anything more ?? falling in love with thz monster of a mobile ... except from the bluetooth sharing and the memory issue the phone is a rocker !!! gud buy !!! n flipkart awsum serivece frm dem keep doin the gud job fellas !!!
this cell phone is just a waste.......so called smartfone i cant even tranfer files via bluetooth.......i wasted Rs.15799 for such a useless item..... samsung omnia n nokia lumia much better than this.......just because of its bluetooth flaw i have started hating my htc radar.........its perfect even the touch n camera both are awesome but its one demerit make me feel frustrated.
I got the RADAR almost a month back from Flipkart and believe me the service was amazing, delivery was spot on and classy!! Keep up the good job Flipkart :).
Now about the phone:
1. Looks and feel – Awesome, believe me it looks as beautiful in hand as in the display pics. The aluminum body feels so classy and comfortable both to hold and in appearance. The touch screen is feather smooth. I had been using touch screens for almost 4years but believe me for nothing till date had been close, literally I had to adjust my speed to use it as I felt I was to slow when compared to the phones sensitivity and response.
2. Battery life – Again superb!! I being an average user am very happy with the performance. A full battery charge last for complete 3days (actually a little more at times). My daily use includes, WiFi – 30-35mins, Calls – Approx. 60mins, SMS – Not much, Music – 40-45mins, Gaming – Depends on mood :P (PS. With games the battery life is lil low)
The most highlighted issue with the phone is non-removable battery, not sure with this kind of backup it affects and anyone would even bother about the non-removable battery.
3. Music playback – Did not find much in any review, so writing about it. I found the music quality average, could have been better.
But the most annoying part is the common volume controller for music playback, ringer volume etc. You reduce the volume when listing the music and next time when u get a call…it rings low on volume. Why not just provide a music player with volume control option. BTW this is WP 7.5 issue and not HTC.
4. The phone – In total HTC has done a brilliant job, amazing hardware however the Windows OS really needs to mature a lot. The OS is sturdy and reliable but really dumb in detailing, for instance draft SMS is missing, common volume control, without twicking cannot set mp3 ringtone etc. etc.
I had used Symbian OS for a long time and loved it so much because even though it was a locked OS it gave so many options to adjust the phone as per your choice or mood and for which I did not have to download an App.
The phone(HTC hardware) is more than the value for money but the WP OS needs improvement. If like me you are an ANTI-Anroid and does not want to spend a fortune for a mobile(Iphone) then just go for the RADAR and you will also love it.
Safe and Secure Shopping