Track using Order ID
Login and do more!
- Track individual Orders
- View your entire Order history
- Cancel individual Orders
- Conveniently review products and sellers
A Note on Style
1. The First Major Challenge: The Revolt of 1857
2. Civil Rebellions and Tribal Uprisings
3. Peasant Movements and Uprisings after 1857
4. Foundation of the Congress: The Myth
5. Foundation of the Indian National Congress: The Reality
6. Socio-Religious Reforms and the National Awakening
7. An Economic Critique of Colonialism
8. The Fight to Secure Press Freedom
9. Propaganda in the Legislatures
10. The Swadeshi Movement-1903-1908
11. The Split in the Congress and the Rise of Revolutionary Terrorism
12. World War I and Indian Nationalism: The Ghadar
13. The Home Rule Movement and Its Fallout
14. Gandhiji's Early Career and Activism
15. The Non-Cooperation Movement—I920-1922
16. Peasant Movements and Nationalism in the 1920s
17. The Indian Working Class and the National Movement
18. The Struggles for Gurdwara Reform and Temple Entry
12. The Years of Stagnation—Svvarajists,No-Changers and Gandhiji
13. Bhagat Singh, Surya Sen and the Revolutionary Terrorists
14. The Gathering Storm-1927-1929
|Publisher||Penguin Publishing Group|
|Number of Pages||600 Pages|
|Weight||1.24 Pounds (US)|
|Height||8.48 Inches (US)|
|Width||1.26 Inches (US)|
|Series & Set Details|
|Series Name||India S.|
|Author||Bipan Chandra Mridula Mukherjee Aditya Mukherjee Sucheta Mahajan|
Have you used this product?
Rate it now.Write a Review
Jul 2, 2013
A Bias and Put-forth Illusion (Propaganda)I have read this book of 'Bipin Chandra'. This book gives the biased perception of events and it presents those in a manner as it would have been supporting a given propaganda of the (Politically) Authoritative entity. Anyways,we all know a thing called history-which is used to plot the political future of a country but here as we can clearly feel that politics has been used to present the history!!! Therefore,we all are being made a victim of encumbered philosophy and the explanation here indicate a 'Manipulative' view (Propaganda).
Jan 12, 2014
A must book for any IndianEveryone knows how hard India has struggled for her Independence.. But no one knows it perfectly.. This book is for those who wants to know everything about the stuggle for independence.. Right from the days of 1 war of independence.. The author has put everything very clearly in a manner in which you will understand and develop interest... Except in two or three chapters.. That also only for a few pages you will never feel bored... And the best thing about this book is it is not biased.. This book has put the history as it is..
Aug 12, 2014
AverageSome chapters like that on communalism are good but overall average.. There is a lack of coherency and connection between chapters.
May 28, 2014
one of the best bookthe best thing of the book is that it makes you feel the moment. Also the style of writing is unique.
May 16, 2014
Brilliant!Absolutely loved reading the book. The breadth of the content covered is great and you will be surprised at the idealogical depth of the movement.
Jiss Tom Palelil
Dec 10, 2013
great history book ever!really amazed with this book! a great help for civil service aspirants. havedetailed information about our countries freedom movement
Nov 30, 2013
Consummate Book on Indian Freedom StruggleThanks to Flip kart such beautiful books are available to us Indians which retell history unlike what is taught to us in History School Textbooks.Buy this book because it was available for just 49 Rs from Flipkart. Must read for anyone who is a little nostalgic about reading that textbook of history you studied in school.Trust me you will love this book.It is a good portrayal of what happened right from 1857 revolt up till the independence struggle.It is opinionated at the same time factual.Its is briefly subjective but to the point.It covers the struggle throughout the nation.Most history boo… (Expand)