Track using Order ID
Login and do more!
- Track individual Orders
- View your entire Order history
- Cancel individual Orders
- Conveniently review products and sellers
A Note on Style
1. The First Major Challenge: The Revolt of 1857
2. Civil Rebellions and Tribal Uprisings
3. Peasant Movements and Uprisings after 1857
4. Foundation of the Congress: The Myth
5. Foundation of the Indian National Congress: The Reality
6. Socio-Religious Reforms and the National Awakening
7. An Economic Critique of Colonialism
8. The Fight to Secure Press Freedom
9. Propaganda in the Legislatures
10. The Swadeshi Movement-1903-1908
11. The Split in the Congress and the Rise of Revolutionary Terrorism
12. World War I and Indian Nationalism: The Ghadar
13. The Home Rule Movement and Its Fallout
14. Gandhiji's Early Career and Activism
15. The Non-Cooperation Movement—I920-1922
16. Peasant Movements and Nationalism in the 1920s
17. The Indian Working Class and the National Movement
18. The Struggles for Gurdwara Reform and Temple Entry
12. The Years of Stagnation—Svvarajists,No-Changers and Gandhiji
13. Bhagat Singh, Surya Sen and the Revolutionary Terrorists
14. The Gathering Storm-1927-1929
|Publisher||Penguin Publishing Group|
|Number of Pages||600 Pages|
|Weight||1.24 Pounds (US)|
|Height||8.48 Inches (US)|
|Width||1.26 Inches (US)|
|Series & Set Details|
|Series Name||India S.|
|Author||Bipan Chandra Mridula Mukherjee Aditya Mukherjee Sucheta Mahajan|
Have you used this product?
Rate it now.Write a Review
May 21, 2016
Good book on India's struggle for independence
Devendra Kumar Giri
May 21, 2016
best book 4 modern history
May 21, 2016
May 20, 2016
Best Book for Independence Struggle.
May 11, 2016
Attention UPSC aspirants.
Feb 15, 2012
Must read but with caution!read it cover to cover.
Mar 13, 2012
Revolutionary Terrorism! Indeed!!an extract from the book goes "the end of 1907 brought another political trend to the fore. the impatient young men of bengal took to the path of individual heroism and revolutionary terrorism( a term we use without any pejorative meaning and for want for another term).
Sep 15, 2014
Jul 2, 2013
A Bias and Put-forth Illusion (Propaganda)I have read this book of 'Bipin Chandra'. This book gives the biased perception of events and it presents those in a manner as it would have been supporting a given propaganda of the (Politically) Authoritative entity. Anyways,we all know a thing called history-which is used to plot the political future of a country but here as we can clearly feel that politics has been used to present the history!!! Therefore,we all are being made a victim of encumbered philosophy and the explanation here indicate a 'Manipulative' view (Propaganda).
Mar 14, 2013
Good Work But....It's a well written work if one dont bother about the following:
Nov 15, 2013
A sad moment for all IndiansIt is really sad and annoying how great freedom fighters Bharat Singh , surya sen are tagged as 'revolutionary terrorists' ...totally pro congress...no wonder crimes and scares are an integral part of the country because people who show courage and stand up against the exploitation and repression are termed as 'terrorists' SHAME !
Mar 15, 2012
A fantastic book!!!A fantastic book which takes you to the journey of the past. The minute detail of the past has been taken into consideration. highly recommended for UPSC exams. you wont feel as though you are reading for exam sake as it makes you so curious to know more and more. this book makes you so knowledgeable of the past you'll realise when You study it thoroughly and look into the previous question papers of IAS and say "I can answer this". A great book and A great experience!!!
Dec 20, 2013
JNU = communistscommunist = anti india. welcome to the world of pseudo secular propaganda, anyone who suggests that bhagat sing is a terrorist looses a sane credibility. Book is written well but is for those only who wish to live in the falseness of history.
Aug 12, 2012
Great book for students!Its a really good book for those who find history very interesting.Though i would not recommend to read it thoroughly,line by line, but pick out interesting chapters and read them.though i couldnt find pro congress refernces by authors.must buy!
Mahendra Pratap Singh
Feb 2, 2014
Biased in favour of Nehru.............I purchased the book as part of my civil services preparation. The book is good in factual part but certainly Bipan Chandra and company being part of JNU very cleverly put story to glorify Nehru and Congress...