Track using Order ID
Login and do more!
- Track individual Orders
- View your entire Order history
- Cancel individual Orders
- Conveniently review products and sellers
Part 1: Nature of the constitution
1. The Historical background
2. The making of the constitution
3. The philosophy of the constitution
4. Outstanding features of our constitution
5. Nature of the federal system
6. Territory of the Union
8. Fundamental rights and fundamental Duties
9. Directive Principles of state Policy
10. Procedure for amendment
Part II: Government of the union
11. The Union Executive
1. The president and the Vice President
2. Powers and Duties of the president
3. The Council of ministers
4. The President in relation to his council or ministers
5. The Attorney general for India
6. The Comptroller and Auditor general of India
12. The Union Legislature
Part III: Government of the States
13. The State Executive
1. The General structure
3. The Council of ministers
4. Advocate General
14. The State Legislature
15. The State of Jammu & Kashmird
Part IV: Administration of Union Territories
16. Administration of Union Territories and Acquired
Part V: Local Government
17. The new system of Panchayats and municipalities
19. Municipalities and Planning Committees
Part VI: Administration of Special areas
20. Administration of scheduled and Tribal Areas
Part VII: The Judicature
21. Organization of the Judiciary in general
22. The Supreme Court
23. The High Court
Part VIII: The Federal system
24. Distribution of legislative and executive powers
25. Distribution of financial powers
26. Administrative Relations between the Union and the states
27. Inter state Relations
28. Emergency Provisions
Part IX: Miscellaneous
29. Rights and liabilities of the Government and Public servants
30. The services and Public service Commissions
32. Minorities, Scheduled castes and Scheduled Tribes
34. How the Constitution has worked
|University Books Details|
|Subject||Constitution of India and Professional Ethics|
|Specialization||B.A(History), Computer Science Engineering, B.A(Political Science)|
|Book Type||Non Fiction Book|
|Number of Pages||200 Pages|
|Authored By||Durga Das Basu|
Have you used this product?
Rate it now.Write a Review
Feb 24, 2016
Little tough to read
Jan 14, 2016
Dec 19, 2015
Advanced your understanding
Sep 1, 2015
Jun 16, 2015
Ultimate Book for UPSC aspirants!!
Jun 28, 2010
I highly recommend this book to allI received this book within three days of placing the order as promised on the website. I have read the first four chapters so far and simply love this book. The first chapter on the historical background is also wonderful.
Jan 9, 2012
BEST BOOK FOR THOSE WHO ARE PREPARING FOR CIVILS and OTHER STATE PSCFaculty of INDIAN POLITY also and as a student learner i highly recommend..sorry its better to say that only base book for all the UPSC and other State PSC's..
Sep 18, 2013
More suited to advanced (not expert) readersThe book is an excellent reference point for any/all issues on the Indian Constitution. A majority of Civil Service aspirants (myself included) treat this book as the golden standard for Indian Polity, and rightly so.
Dec 6, 2011
Decent ReadThis is book is mainly for the people who are preparing for competitive exams. The language of the book is mostly in legal genre, for people who have not read these type of books earlier, will take sometime to get the hang of the language. I wouldn't say it has grooving narration, but it isn't bad either.
Feb 6, 2013
If you can read Chetan Bhagat's book, you CAN read this too!I chanced upon this on the best seller list and was surprised to find a book on a drab subject making to Flipkart's best-seller list. Flipkart delivered the book within 72 hours of placing the order (as usual) :)
May 13, 2014
poor quality print.I am really starting to doubt that these low price edition books are particularly low in price because they are made of cheap paper. When you buy a book for the purpose of studies, you expect it to be sturdy and durable specially since you handle it a lot. This book is a good one, but sorry to say the paper quality is really poor.
Dec 9, 2012
Best possible start for Civil Services preparation...Whether u are a normal citizen or a IAS aspirant, this book is a must read for every Indian if u wanna know the functioning of your country at the grass-root level. One thing is for sure you need to have patience to complete the book but once you do complete it, I bet you'll have a much better insight about India.
Sep 1, 2015
Excellent BookFirst of all the book has such an awesome cover that you yourself feel like reading it. Then on top of that it gives you an thorough understanding about Polity, which no other book will be able to do. You get to understand why the things are so instead of how they are so. UPSC aspirants should couple this book along with Laxmikanth as DD Basu has quality but later has quantity. Some topics are not covered in this book
Oct 4, 2013
a must reada very well known book, a must read if u r preparing for civil services.
May 14, 2012
Must read for Political Science studentsA Political Science student must read this book.