Track using Order ID
Login and do more!
- Track individual Orders
- View your entire Order history
- Cancel individual Orders
- Conveniently review products and sellers
I bought this phone not from Flipkart but my info should help you decide making the right choice.
No in built FM
12.3 Gb is all you to get to play around with your files
No micro sd slot
Hard to read under Indian Sunlight
Non user-replaceable battery
Low Light Camera is 6/10
10/10 First to get Google updates (Mother of all pros)
10/10 Extreemly fair Pricing
10/10 Excellent Display
10/10 Classy Design
10/10 Very good call quality
10/10 Catches wifi Signal even at relatively long distances
9/10 Battery Backup lasts for a complete day
10/10 Speaker Output
9/10 Music Quality
10/10 Hassle free stream of 1080p HD Movies
10/10 No lags on HD Games
9/10 Voice dialing works without internet/data and understands neutral Indian Accents flawlessly
10/10 Micro USB to HDMI using Slim port TV output is excellent
9/10 360 degrees photo-shot and 180 degrees Panaroma shot very decent
10/10 Swipe keypad for texting..you will love this if you are frequent sms player
You don't need a film star to promote this phone.
People who use it will recommend this to their friends and family.
I have been using the Nexus 4 for almost 3 months now, had a cousin buy it in the UK and bring it over and I guess the experience qualifies me to write a review for all potential buyers of this phone. First off, I’d like to say that this phone is EXEMPLARY considering the price you’re getting it at.
Software: The phone has Jelly Bean 4.2.2 which is the latest version of Android, and carries the promise of quick future updates of the succeeding versions (Key Lime Pie 5.0 for example). This is one of its best and most important features, you’ll be at the cutting edge of mobile software (albeit stock), and Google is taking it seriously. This becomes apparent as you use the phone, everything is quite intuitive and the lag that Android used to be blamed for earlier has vanished since the implementation of Project Butter. The user interface looks and feels good in stock mode, and one always has the option to tinker with launchers (I’d suggest Nova Launcher Prime). I have to add some extra bits about the user interface now.
1. Google Now: Excellent concept, but it’s not really efficient in India (as compared to US and UK), nor is it completely responsive to our accent. It’s much better than Siri though in that regard. As more and more information gets based online, this will become better.
2. Keyboard: Google has released its version of the Swype keyboard (it comes inbuilt, you can turn it off if you don’t like it), and it’s WONDERFUL! The prediction software it uses is second to none, it’s almost like the phone reads your mind. You can still type normally with the swipe function turned on, comes in handy when one wants to type in Hindi or any other language.
Engine: The phone comes with a Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait CPU, 2GB RAM, Adreno 320 GPU and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset. Now this was the benchmark on devices released towards the end of last year, it has since been overtaken by HTC One and Samsung S4 among others. Although the spec sheet looks good on paper, the phone has been known to trail phones like the Samsung S3 and HTC One X+ on certain benchmarks but this has been attributed to those apps not having received updates to utilise Jelly Bean effectively and the fact that Jelly Bean is more taxing on the processor than ICS. But based on usage, this phone functions perfectly and unless you’re into heavy gaming, it will not disappoint you. Hanged once for me while playing F18 Carrier Landing, and that could have been due to some unfixed bug in that game.
Design: Although it’s not exceptionally designed, this is a phone that is pleasing to the eyes and hands. Build quality is really good, much better than Samsung, but not Apple or HTC level. The shiny design on the back is nice, but beware, its glass, and prone to scratches and cracks. The phone has Gorilla Glass 2 up front but a screen guard is advisable. As is a polycarbonate cover for the back, Amzer seems to provide a few choices in India (I’d suggest Spigen or Rearth but I’m not sure if they’re available in India yet, I use a Rearth Rinke Slim, got it from the US).
Camera: The camera I must admit was a bit disappointing. After having used the cameras on iPhone 5 and HTC One X, I was left wanting by the Nexus. True, it has an 8MP camera, but the way it performs could have been better. There is a lag before the picture is taken, unlike the Apple and HTC phones. Don’t get me wrong, the phone takes good pictures (as long as you hold it still and the object you’re clicking stays still). It takes good HDR pictures too. It’s just that it doesn’t live up to its competition.
Battery: This could be a sore point for those of us who’re on 3G plans. On decent to heavy usage, my phone lasts between 6-8 hours on a full charge. But if you switch to using only 2G networks and use it minimally, it can go up to 15 hours on a full charge. When you check your battery status you’ll see that the screen takes up a lot of juice. One way to combat this is to set your brightness low, or put it on Auto. The battery cannot be replaced, and LG claims it has a life of 800 charge cycles.
1. Heating: The phone heats up on sustained usage of intensive apps, towards its top on the back. It does the same on phone calls lasting more than half an hour, can get uncomfortable sometimes.
2. Integration of Google Apps: Maps & Gmail are a breeze to use (sustained use of Navigation will drain your battery though).
3. Memory: You get 12.72 GB of usable space, pretty decent unless you have a huge music collection you have to carry around or if you’re into heavy gaming. You can use Dropbox and Google Drive too.
4. Has replaced my computer for almost all browsing purposes.
Overall, I’m very impressed with this phone and I’d recommend it without blinking an eyelid, because although this phone is not perfect, for that price, this is as close to perfection as it gets!!
Pros: It's 100% worth for every touch you do. A true smart piece in your hands. Amazing design and features and pure android experience.
1.Battery Backup - Battery hardly makes it for 12hours with normal usage.
2. Heating Issues - Heating issue appears for an instance and disappears suddenly. Couldn't predict it though.
It has warranty because LG is planning to launch it and its sort of a preorder here! Its LG India warranty dear ignorants!
And as far as the phone is concerned, well it got the awesomeness of AOSP bunched with the best in class processor+GPU and 2GB RAM. Apart from storage, there actually is nothing one can ask from this phone!
Writing this review from my nexus 4.
This is the flagship phone from Google, priced a bit higher here in India than in other counties. But still it's worth the money, I'd say.
I'm sure the pros and cons have been discussed greatly in the reviews over here, still I'd say my views.
- Stock android, fast and fluid. I'm loving it. Everything works so well.
The gesture typing, quick toggles, Google now, photosphere camera, fast updates etc.. Android at its best.!
A quick tip, in quick settings, clicking v WiFi or Bluetooth button will take you to the corresponding settings page, but long press will just toggle it.
Chrome is the default browser and works wonderful!
- elegant looks, the sparkling back is really nice. Plain and some front side.
- Battery is decent. I got 3.5 hrs screen on time with WiFi or 3g on all the time. There are many custom ROMs which offer more battery backup.
- NFC, android beam enabled. I believe those will get more common with time.
- there is no significant heating issue, as some people say. Under normal use, as well as gaming. It'll be hotter than room temperature by 10 degree or so, but that's common for most of the smart phones. It is by no means too hot for your hands.
- camera is decent.
- screen of this device is awesome. Doesn't feel like its below glass. At 320ppi, it's sharp and clear. Colour reproduction is natural and viewing angles are decent.
-Speaker volume is average.
- Nexus devices are developer devices, very easy to root and unlock. Endless possibilities with custom ROMs there!
- No SD card slot, that's the only negative I see. But not a big problem for me. Actually it makes things simpler for casual users.
- No USB OTG. That means you cannot plug in pen drives or controllers via its micro USB port. That too is not a big problem.
Overall, awesome phone.. If you want removable storage and USB otg, go for galaxy S3, but it has half the amount of RAM, slightly slower processor and Samsung bloatware. For pure android and awesome performance, this is the phone to take, at this price range. Just be careful with the glass backside!
I've had this phone for a couple of months as i got it from the US. I'm happy that its now available in India (officially :)
Frankly I'm a Apple Loyalist & love my iPhone. But this fone is really really a great buy.
1. The specs that it carries can be easily compared to Samsung's GS3 (which still sells for 28K approx). You can buy this phone without a second thought.
2. As it has pure Android, no layer of custom skin, this fone will be getting all the software updates that Google releases.
3. Screen is 4.7" which is not too big for small hands or not too small for big hands :) It just fits right in your hand.
4. The 8MP rear Cam that it boasts, does really well even in low light conditions (though it has a LED flash). It also has a SphereCamera feature which helps you take 360degree photos. Its pretty addicitve. Trust Me. :)
5. Sound quality is decent as well.
There are only two things that pinched me in my heart:
1. No SD Card slot, so not memory extension available. But hey 16Gigs is pretty much large space.
2. You don't get any headphones in the box, so you have to buy it separately. There are decent headphones available on flipkart you may wish to check their listing.
Other than these two, I dont find any flaw. So guys go for it. ;)
This was advertised to be shipped with headphones.
Now, Nexus 4 in Inda (Or US or UK) ships without headphones, so I though this will be shipped with separate original Nexus headphones.
Guess what, this model is imported from Korea (never mentioned in product listing!).
Headphones in the box had L shapped 3.5 mm jack instead of straight 3.5mm jack as shown in the product picture. (Also, original nexus headphones have straight 3.5mm jack!)
Headphones are ordinary LG headphones and very very substandard quality.
They are not fitting on phone after putting on original nexus 4 bumper!
By purchasing original headphones my total cost went up drastically! More than I would have spent purchasing phone and headphones separately.
Weird and completely misleading!
How can Flipkart not verify before listing.
The good and bad things have already been mentioned in the previous comments.
Although the one good thing i liked about this phone is its screen clarity.
Believe me, its truly HD. Plays Full HD movies without a single lag.
Specially made for game lovers.
My previous phone was Xperia Neo V. The processor speed compared to that is awesome.The phone is really fast.
Looks are good too.
Now let me come to the cons abt the device what i felt.
Its been 1 week i've been using the phone.
I expected a bit more battery backup than what i get now. My 3G will be ON 24 hrs a day.
One other thing is its speaker volume. It is a bit less compared to my previous phone.
Get a good headset like skull candy or sennheiser coz you dont get a headset along with the phone.
And when you play high graphic games it gets heated up a bit, which is natural in any phone.
I dont feel these are very big drawbacks.
So if you are planning to get a phone in less than 30k range.
Then GO FOR IT.
I'm a proud user of Nexus 4 from last month. Always wanted to own this, but time was not right. Finally, my friend got it from US without warranty (who cares).
Best part of the phone is the battery - Lithium Polimer, which is much better than Li IO. he battery is sealed, and it wont bother me till now (I need to be careful only when it rains). The user experience is great with the large 4.7 inch display. I dont have any gimmick software given by Samsung or TouchWiz. But I am managing entire stuff using Google's free one.
Camera is awesome in natural light and the best part is photo-sphere
Phone runs smooth with 2 GB RAM and Jelly bean. 16 GB storage is good enough since I can store anything in cloud provided by different groups - Google Drive, DropBox etc
Don't wait ...Own it and Be Proud
I bought this phone from flipkart, tough the price is 1k higher here... just because I had good experience with flipkart before and I didnt want to take ant risk...
About the service:
As usual... quick delivery and nice packing..
About the phone:
Unboxing: Except the absence of headphone, everything is ok...
Phone: Awesome phone... far far better than any phone in this range... Using this phone for about 4-5 days and installed loads of apps... no issues... and running like butter...
Cons: only one.. this phone has heating issue... other than that all are fine....