Track using Order ID
Login and do more!
- Track individual Orders
- View your entire Order history
- Cancel individual Orders
- Conveniently review products and sellers
Q. What is the service type ?
A. Carry In
Q. What is the type of Warranty ?
A. Replacement Warranty
Q. What is not covered in Warranty ?
A. Physical Damage Cases will Not be Entitled for Warranty
What is the estimated delivery time?
Sellers generally procure and ship the items within the time specified on the product page. Business days exclude public holidays and Sundays.
Estimated delivery time depends on the following factors:
Why does the delivery date not correspond to the delivery timeline of X-Y business days?
Why does the delivery date not correspond to the delivery timeline of X-Y business days?
It is possible that the Seller or our courier partners observe a holiday between the day you placed your order and the date of delivery, which is based on the timelines shown on the product page. In this case, we add a day to the estimated date. Some courier partners and Sellers do not work on Sundays and this is factored in to the delivery dates.
What do the different tags like "In Stock", "Available" mean?
What do the different tags like "In Stock", "Available" mean?
For items listed as "In Stock", Sellers will mention the delivery time based on your location pincode (usually 2-3 business days, 4-5 business days or 4-6 business days in areas where standard courier service is available). For other areas, orders will be sent by Registered Post through the Indian Postal Service which may take 1-2 weeks depending on the location.
The Seller might not have the item in stock but can procure it when an order is placed. The delivery time will depend on the estimated procurement time and the estimated shipping time to your location.
'Preorder' or 'Forthcoming'
Such items are expected to be released soon and can be pre-booked for you. The item will be shipped to you on the day of it's official release launch and will reach you in 2 to 6 business days. The Preorder duration varies from item to item. Once known, release time and date is mentioned. (Eg. 5th May, August 3rd week)
'Out of Stock'
Currently, the item is not available for sale. Use the 'Notify Me' feature to know once it is available for purchase.
Sometimes, items have to be sourced by Sellers from outside India. These items are mentioned as 'Imported' on the product page and can take at least 10 days or more to be delivered to you.
'Back In Stock Soon'
The item is popular and is sold out. You can however 'book' an order for the product and it will be shipped according to the timelines mentioned by the Seller.
The product is currently out of stock and is not available for purchase. The product could to be in stock soon. Use the 'Notify Me' feature to know when it is available for purchase.
This product is no longer available because it is obsolete and/or its production has been discontinued.
'Out of Print'
This product is not available because it is no longer published and has been permanently discontinued.
Why does the estimated delivery time vary for each seller?
Why does the estimated delivery time vary for each seller?
You have probably noticed varying estimated delivery times for Sellers of the product you are interested in. Delivery times are influenced by product availability, geographic location of the Seller, your shipping destination and the courier partner's time-to-deliver to your location.
Please enter your default pin code on the product page (you don't have to enter it every single time) to know more accurate delivery times on the product page itself.
More answers in our Shipping FAQs »
|30 days from delivery||Damaged, Defective, Item not as described||Replacement|
|30 days from delivery||Exchange for colors and size, Does not fit||Exchange|
|10 days from delivery||Exchange for colors and size, Does not fit||Exchange|
|10 days from delivery||Damaged, Defective, Item not as described||Replacement|
|In The Box||Wifi device, Lion battery, Quick start guide, Charger|
|Operating System||Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows XP(SP2 and above ), Mac OS X 10.4.9 or higher|
|Network Type||GSM, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA|
|GPRS||Class 10, 85.6 Kbps|
|UMTS(3G)||3GPP Release 4, 384 Kbps DL, 384 Kbps UL|
|EDGE||Class 12, 237 Kbps|
|GSM (EDGE/GPRS)||850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz|
|Memory Card Support Slot||microSD Card|
|Memory Capacity||16 GB|
|External Interface||micro USB|
|Indicator||Power, WIFI/WPS indicator, Signal Strength indicator, Network Type indicator|
|Voice Support||No Call Support|
|Power Supply||Li-Ion Battery|
|Warranty Type||Replacement Warranty|
|Service Type||Carry In|
|Not Covered in Warranty||Physical Damage Cases will Not be Entitled for Warranty|
|Domestic Term||1 Year|
If u want to access the internet on the move using wifi signals on ur tablets, laptops, wifi compatible mobile phones– ur search ends here.
Put any 3g sim card into this device and an optional microsd (if needed), turn on the device wait for 30 secs for the signals to indicate ready to use state. Then ur good to go.... Search for a wifi device in ur wifi settings in the device ur planning to use the internet. The device shows as 'SpeedsterMmx'. Select this....and viola ur connected.
I successfully connected an android tablet, Macbook PRO, HP laptop all at the same time using the wifi signals emitted by the device. it works. The info on the website reveals that this device can connect upto 5 devices at the same time (i did not check this). These r the good points about the device I had.
Problems I had faced:
1.I had ordered for the product on the 8th of oct, 2011. As against the 3 business day shipping promise, I received mine only on the 4th business day.
But thats ok and I can live with it. But, it would be apt for flipkart to put it as 3 to 7 days, so that we will only be worried if it doesnt turn up on the 7th day.
2.The manual was absolutely insufficient. No diagrams describing the switches on the device what each one does. I had to figure it all out by trial and error.
From what I understand, there are 2 buttons:
A) Power on/off button – Long press for both (while its on, a short press will light up all the indicators for us to assess the indicators if we need or otherwise the indicators will turn off and go into low power mode after a min or so)
B) WPS button – For activating the wifi signals
The functioning of the 4 indicator lights are the only thing well described in the manual. They are indicators for:
These indicators have different colors like blue, green,red, yellow meaning different things. So this part is good.
3. I tried to connect my device to my laptop to access the security options but it didnt work. Did not have any idea why! There was so much lacking in the form of reviews and operations of this product in the internet or customer care even now.The funniest part is that the Micromax Studio in my city doesnt even know that such a product exists.
4. And for some strange reason the power on/off button gave me a lot of trouble. Either I couldnt turn it on (even after the normal long press) or sometimes after I used the device, I tried to turn it off, but couldnt, becos there was no response with the long press on the power button. Then I had to take off the battery to switch the device off, just like when our mobiles hang and nothing works and we have to remove the batteries. This I had to do several times.
My impression was that all this was almost normal. And I went ahead and recommended this product along with its problems to an acquaintance. And since this was a very attractive product based on features, he went ahead and purchased it from another online site. To my surprise, he didnt have any trouble with his device. Thats when I realized that my product might have been defective.
I immediately called up the customer care, and they understood my problem and arranged for a product replacement, but the black one was not available and so i went ahead and ordered for the white one. At this point in time I am waiting for the device to arrive. Once it arrives I will update on how it goes.
I would have given 5 stars, if it wasnt for the problem with my device. I will update my rating once my new device arrives.
Got it yesterday- tested with an Airtel and an MTNL SIM card. It automatically installed the network settings and started immediately.
The easiest plug-and-play ever, which is a good thing, since Micromax manuals are notoriously sparse.
And the speeds we were getting were comparable to, if not better than, fixed line broad band: 4.5 Mbps D/L and 4Mbps U/L! This is the best alternative there is to a fixed line broadband.
Plus with a pre-paid connection, you can remove the hassle of bill over-dues and bill-shocks. And MTNL pre-paid has some seriously good deals- Rs. 1650 for unlimited data for a month.
First the Pros:
1) Easy to setup, connect & share your mobile connection.
2) Can be used by 6 Users/Devices - 1 USB + 5 WIFI
3) Drivers are on the device. No extra CD/DVD or anything required.
4) Indicates activity through LED Lights.
5) Nice price to features.
6) Very fast & prompt delivery by flipkart.
Now The Cons:
1) The biggest of them is the Ad linking to their M!Apps page which is very irritating when I try to open a site after connecting. This starts to comes up sometimes randomly & sometimes repeatedly, I'm not able to say or understand yet when it happens. There is no way to disable this either.
2) An issue with the power button. It just doesn't respond.
3) LEDs are like traffic lights & can be used & useful to indicate only so much simple stuff. You cannot show everything including charging, standby, error, low battery, low signal,etc with multi colored LEDs & expect users to have the manual all the time to look it up to understand the problem. Now about individual lights or a screen with some helpful text. Real dumb move micromax.
4) No way to make calls or SMS or to send those special *123# commands to check balance, usage, bandwidth ,etc.
5) Device doesn't track Upload, Download Data over multiple sessions & over power down. Its only the current session. Since there is no way to use SMS or special commands how the hell do we know how much we've used except pop the sim out everytime to check such things. One more thing to leave out.
6) Like another user mentioned before, there seems to be some issue with the power button. It just doesn't respond sometimes & there is no way to figure out or any explaination why!
7) Customer service does not respond to the above complaints & does not know what to respond nor to take a feature request for such things.
I have been using the product from the last 1 month. I would say this is an Excellent product in this price range. Kudos to Micromax to bring this product.
1. Quick to install (5 minutes).
2. Quick to connect to the internet (about 20 seconds).
3. Can be charged directly from USB or power plug.
4. Good battery life.
5. Different option for wifi security.
Also include all other pros specified by other users. I didn't find any one to be wrong.
1. No detail User manual in the Box. I have read other posts where people were complaining about lack of Manual. I say, there is a very detailed manual present in soft copy. But in order to get it, you need to get it setup and connect to it admin webpage via 192.168.1.1. In this page they have a pdf link for a detail user manual. Silly.
2. No option to make calls or sms. Cannot see the current balance in the SIM. Always have to open it up and plug the sim to another mobile to view the balance. That's something I can adjust with.
3. Confusing LEDs. Micromax has tried hard to show all types of information using 4 LEDs. Green to 2g, Blue to 3g etc... Its a big confusing at the beginning. I had to keep the leaflet handy initially, but now I am accustomed with the lights.
Tips to Install: -
1. Initally Switch off your PC Wi-Fi. Insert the sim, Battery in the Mi-Fi. Swith the device On. Press and hold the power button for some seconds.
2. Plug in the USB cable to the PC.
3. System will automatically install all required drivers. This takes some time.
4. After installation is complete, go to Windows Explorer and you will see an extra CD Drive of Micromax speedster. Copy all files in this drive to some other folder. At this time, the Mi-Fi is simply connected to your PC for charging. Not for internet via USB.
5. The copied files has a speedster.exe file. Run this file. After a some seconds, you will notice the Extra CD rom drive has gone and now you have a Removable drive in Explorer. This is you MicroSD. Now the Mi-Fi is connected to your PC via USB.
6. open IE and open 192.168.1.1. This is the admin panel. In the top right side you will get a detail user manual pdf. Read it to get info on how to setup Wi-Fi etc...
After doing all the setup, you can now connect to the Mi-Fi using its WiFi or USB mode. You can also use its WiFi and connect it via USB for charging only. For this, donot run the speedster.exe.
Yes this is what I have to say. This review has been written by using the very product for which the review is being written. I am connected to the web using Micromax MMX 400R, Wifi router. The things that I like about the modem is
1. This is sim based, therefore if you are not satisfied with the service of any MSP(Mobile Service Provider), you can easily chuck the sim off. Its inexpensive to do so. Chucking the internet dongle is expensive.
2. The settings are automatically detected. I tried three different sims viz. Idea, MTNL and Voda. All were detected and the settings taken up automatically.
3. The user interface is simple.
4. The antenna is good and detects signals in corners where my expensive brand mobile phones failed to detect signals.
5. Technologically and aesthetically I have not found it in any way inferior to Huawei modems, by Tata Photon.
6. The modem is small enough to fit easily in the shirt pocket. It is slim and small. I was amazed.
Now I would only like to inform the potential buyers that product comes with an operation manual that is just a leaflet. I got the detailed manual via email requesting Micromax.
And yes you cannot read the SD card in the modem, using web address, It is only accessible through USB.
I will give a five star rating as the modem delivers fully for the price you pay. No cutting corners in tech, or appeal.
I got my device yesterday and writing this review after using it for 1.5 day.
First I would like to start with Flipkart delivery, it was bit disappointment for me because I ordered it on 31-Oct-12 and it was shipped on 03-Nov-12. I had got extreamly good feedback from all my friends about quick delivery but in my case I took around 6 days(Because of good feedbacks, I might expecting it in 3-4 days) but 6 days are not too bad.
Now the review for device, design is really cool, its very compact and simple. I agree manual provided with device is incomplete(only provides basic info) but you can download detail manual from http:\192.168.1.1
Initial setup took only 15 minutes including secure access. It automatically detected my bsnl and Idea 3G sim cards. It really worked as expected. I compared the speed with my existing bsnl broadband(wired modem) It was almost same(very good speed). I could get wifi connectivity at every corner of my flat.
I agree! power button and LED are bit confusing in initial stage, but once you understand it, you will not have any issues. I did NOT face any issue for power button or micromax default page while establishing connection till now(as per few reviews here).
I could connect one usb + 5 wifi devices at a time and that too with good speed. Battery backup is also good enough. I used it for 5 hrs with initial charging.
I would strongly recommend it and I would give 5 stars for this cool,compact and affordable 3G wifi router I always wanted to have.
I had no idea whether such a thing is available. Just a few days after buying my Wi-Fi only tab, I realized that I need a battery operated datacard with wireless access. The best option when you are a customer in India--->Search on Flipkart and Voila, I found this product. Read the reviews and bought it without giving a second thought!
Here goes my review after a week worth of usage.
Network: I use Airtel 3G which provided network speeds of around 2-3Mbps on my older datacard. With the MMX400R it provides the same speeds consistently over Wi-Fi. I connected my Laptop, Tablet and 2 Phones simultaneously and did not notice any performance lag. It has a good antenna and shows better signal at places my older huawei datacard fails to detect network.
5 stars on that.
Batery Life: Pretty amazed. I always expect less than what is claimed by the sellers. This device gives me an average of 6.5 hours (I timed it 6 times) when used sporadically throughout the day and around 6 hours with 2 devices connected and normal browsing for a continuous use. I own a CDMA cell from Micromax since a year with an 1800mAh battery and have to admit that they do a pretty good job with the batteries. My cell still gives me 11 hours of talktime. And I hope that the battery provided with this device will last for a couple of years with decent usage. And by decent I mean Humanlike(it won't last it you decide to put in a bucket of water to test its endurance). 5 stars
Looks: Now, this is something a technophile doesn't get into. So, this would be for those of you who actually care about it. I didn't care enough for its looks before ordering, but surprisingly it looks good. And its pretty damn good. I received a white one and its pretty sleek and trendy. Thats it about looks, I probably couldn't speak more even if it was my Girlfriend. 5 stars.
User Interface: Well, that depends on your level of familiarity with the computers. For most of the buyers, if you are actually looking at this product it means that you know what a datacard is and what Wi-Fi is. In that case, it will not take a second to set it up. The first time is as easy as,
1)Insert the SIM.
2)Switch it on.
3)Connect your PC/Laptop/TAB/Phone via Wi-Fi.
4)Open a webpage.
And you are done. The browser automatically takes you to the router(device's) settings page. You can either start browsing right away or change the settings which would be just setting up the new password (just in case you are not the good neighbor who wants to provide free internet services) and selecting the type of security(a click away). And you are done for good! Feel free to browse through the settings later.
I haven't seen any problem with the power button as mentioned in the reviews earlier. Maybe they got a defective piece or maybe Micromax just resolved the problem. The LEDs are pretty good at their work too. You will know what you need to. Good flashy lights to tell you the Signal/Battery/Wi-fi/Connectivity status. If you like that, then I'll say, "DID YOU BUY THE DEVICE TO LOOK AT THE LEDs? IT WORKS AND IT HAS ITS WAY OF SAYING IT WORKS. I UNDERSTAND IT AND YOU SHOULD TOO". 5 stars
Build Quality: Trust me, you can through it at someone and it would hurt him/her bad! With a 1500mAh battery this is a tad heavy for its size and looks durable. Doesn't look like cheap plastic to me atleast. My 4 month old niece dropped it 5-6 times and it still works. I shall say it has passed the acid test in my case.
Its small and fits in the pocket too. So a 5 star again!
Overall: I haven't seen the device getting heated to temperatures where it starts the FIRE ALARM. Well that was a joke. I meant that it just gets warm after a 3 hour usage and its pretty normal for a device that dissipates 1500mAh of Power in 6 hours. Trust me, you could actually skip the warm feeling on several occasions if you were not paying close attention. Plus, I usually keep it on a flat surface nearby, so not an issue for me at all!!
This device does what I bought it for and does it pretty damn well. I am extremely happy with it and I will recommend it to everyone looking for a sturdy device that lasts. If you want to spend more you can be happy buying a Huawei or an Alcatel Device, given the performance I would stick to the one that has the best performance/price ratio; and it would be the Micromax 400R in my case.
Comes straight from a 1st hand buyer and a highly satisfied customer!
Lastly, even though its just a formality. Flipkart is just the perfect online shop for me. Perfect delivery with promised times, Responsive Customer Care and a sound packaging!! Hats Off!
I purchased this product since I wanted a handy data card which could be connected to the couple of devices that I carry.
As usual, Flipkart has been absolutely spot on in terms of delivery and the tracker application stands out.
Once I opened the box I searched for a manual, but there was none, except for a small bit of paper on which the led signal was decoded. I was on my own with a device of which there is little information.
I fumbled with buttons for a while, tried installing the card on my computer but the USB device was not recognized. Then after restarting, and a few more attempts I was finally able to install the device.
Aesthetically speaking I like the form factor and the look and feel of it, its almost weightless and doesn't get heated up too much. And trust me a white device looks a lot more elegant than the black one.
I fumbled more with buttons before it got connected to my phone, and from then I've been experiencing a seamless connectivity. It gives some problems during the inital dial up but thats the characteristic of all modems that I've used.
The light indications are modern, once you get used to them you would not need the single page manual and the speeds have been highly satisfying.
In all a great buy, and I am happy Micromax has finally pioneered one state of the art product at the great price it is known for.
I bought the micromax r400 data card from a few days back. As usual, the delivery timelines was good with flipkart but am having issues with the device. I am using a idea 3G data card and here are the issues that am facing:
Not able to switch off the device
Not able to disconnect the device using the web interface
None of the lights except the power (flashing blue) are turning on - doesn't help me understand, if the connection is established or not.
The user document provided along with the product and pdf downloaded from micromax website are inadequate and more than anything else causes confusion
Micromax customer contact number (1860 500 8286) is always unreachable at all times, so getting technical help from that team is nearly impossible.
I updated the customer care of flipkart about the issue and without any hassles, they have organised for a replacement of the device in the next 2-3 days. Not seen like this with my online purchases before. Great to have this exp and shall drive more confidence and online adoption, when viewers sees feedback like this!
I saw this product and was exploring many places to buy it. When I found on Flipkart, I decided to buy it. But the very next day, I found a supplier who gave me the same for 200 Rs less. so I bought from him, & not on Flipkart.
But I was amazed by the performance. Its a very good planned product. I understand it has some snags, but the pros are much more than those cons. And the best part is, the battery life, is soo looong. Its been a week, & I have only charged it 2 times, with normal usage of 2-3 hrs a day.
better speed than on mobile or USB dongle.
all bands support, so I can use it any part of the world. (not tested 3G, no 4G support)
very long battery life.
micro SD card support (not used yet)
micro usb charge, same as my phone charger :-)
quite small, white & stylish look, suits my sytle.
multi LED notifier, shows status of many things, if you can understand very well.
not too expensive.
confusing setup & LED notifier
slightly out date (no 4G, only 16GB sd card support, only upto 7.2 Mbps speed, etc).
doesnot work well in low network.
little long time to charge, no notification for fully charged up.
But overall I give 4 stars.
would give 5, if atleast it would have 4G support.
1. Poor Battery Life, buying another battery will be a big problem as is not easily available
Nice product, you can use single sim over multiple devices. Good battery life. Nice signal. Could have been better had there be...Read More
I have brought this product on jan 2013 from the day one battery performance is week...it used to get over heat if I use for on...Read More
Due to several complaints, I returned the product to Flipkart and they refunded the money..
Flipkart did a good job.. :)
I have been using this product for last six months. The problem with this thing is its battery. Now there is nor battery backup...Read More