Micromax A78 has been discontinued. Customers interested in it also viewed these products.
Add Another Item
Add Another Item
Add Another Item
Add Another Item
|30 days from delivery||Damaged, Defective, Item not as described||Replacement|
|30 days from delivery||Exchange for colors and size, Does not fit||Exchange|
|10 days from delivery||Damaged, Item not as described||Replacement|
The Micromax A78 is a sleek and elegant mobile phone that comes loaded with a wealth of features to deliver an outstanding performance. This is a bar-shaped phone that sports both touchscreen and a QWERTY keypad for the ease of interaction. This Micromax phone is loaded with a 650 MHz to run Android v2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system. This configuration promises you smooth multitasking, vivid graphics and a rich gaming experience. This is a dual SIM mobile phone that gives you the freedom to use two GSM SIM cards and benefit from the cheapest plan available in the market.
This phone is fitted with a 3.5 inch capacitive touchscreen that quickly responds to your touch for a reduced response time. The A78 features a 3 megapixels camera at its back to help you click impressive visuals of your surroundings. Also, an LED flash is present next to the camera on the back side to help you get clear visuals even in dim light. There is a secondary camera of 0.3 megapixels present on the front panel that helps you indulge in video calling.
The Micromax A78 has been ergonomically designed to serve the dual purpose of being in sync with the trend and to deliver an impressive performance. The keypad has been beautifully designed with proper spacing in between keys for ease of typing. The back side of the device houses both the camera and the flash. The left side of this device is fitted with a 3.5 mm audio jack and USB port and the right side sports the volume rocker.
Storage and Battery
This Micromax phone is powered by a 1300 mAh battery promises a decent backup to meet the power-related requirements of all the applications on this phone for a sufficiently longer duration. Further, this phone features enough space to store all your files and documents. You can expand the memory of this device up to 32 GB with a microSD card to store all your favourite audio and video files on this phone.
Connectivity and Features
The Micromax A78 has bundled a bounty of connectivity features to keep you connected to the world at large. This 3G enabled Micromax A78 offers you faster browsing experience on 3G network. This phone allows you to dive into the world of Internet from the nearest WiFi hotspot as it is WiFi enabled. This phone supports GPS with Google maps to help you conveniently find the way to your destination without seeking anyone’s help. Also, there are apps for ibibo, What’s app, Facebook, Mi-apps and Quikr for ease of access to these sites.
This mobile phone comes to you with Polaris office suite to help you create and edit word, excel and pdf files. This phone is fitted with ambient light sensor that adjusts the brightness of the screen according to the ambient lighting for better viewing experience. Also, the gravity sensor changes the screen layout from portrait to landscape and vice versa based on the phone’s movement. The Android based Micromax supports both USB and Bluetooth to help you exchange files and documents with other devices in your vicinity.
|In Sales Package||Handset, Battery, Charger, Headset, USB Cable, User Manual, Warranty Card|
|SIM||Dual SIM, GSM + GSM, (Dual Standby)|
|Touch Screen||Yes, Capacitive|
|Business Features||Document Viewer|
|Operating Freq||GSM - 900, 1800; WCDMA - 2100|
|OS||Android v2.3 (Gingerbread)|
|Primary Camera||Yes, 3 Megapixel|
|Secondary Camera||Yes, 0.3 Megapixel|
|Zoom||Digital Zoom - 4x|
|Type||Li-Ion, 1300 mAh|
|Memory and Storage|
|Expandable Memory||microSD, upto 32 GB|
|Internet & Connectivity|
|3G||Yes, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA; 5.76 Mbps HSUPA|
|Wifi||Yes, 802.11 b/g/n|
|Navigation Technology||with Google Maps|
|Audio Jack||3.5 mm|
|Music Player||Yes, Supports MP3, WAV|
|Ringtone||MP3, 64 Polyphonic|
|Phone Book Memory||Yes|
|Sensors||Gravity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor|
|Additional Features||ibibo, What's App, Facebook, Mi-Apps, Quikr, Google Apps, Android Market|
|Important Apps||ibibo, What's App, Facebook, Mi-Apps, Quikr|
|1 year manufacturer warranty for Phone and 6 months warranty for in the box accessories|
Hi! It was about 25 days ago I had purchased this yes! Of course from flipkart and now finally writing about Micromax A78 but before it I want to tell thanks to flipkart for timely delivery and well damaged proof package with their seal also. Since it was my first online purchase so I had hesitated towards product seal, freshness & its genuineness but all this things became my pleasure as soon as I open the package.
Now about the Phone no! no! SUPERFONE!!!
1. Body Cover: - It’s a coffee color with rubber finishing and rounded corners looks fantastic with metallic coffee battery cover at back.
2. Deign: - It has really 3.5 inches display with good ratio of height and width. Four android soft keys Menu, Back, Search and Home below the display and then QWERTY keypad which is of plastic and also placed very near to each other probably for considering the size of phone that not get look ugly but overall looks good. Two physical buttons volume control and camera key at right side and a power key at top. Left side having an USB port and 3.5mm jack which will if at the top then it be better and also USB port does not having cover. Micro SD card and both SIM slot is placed below the battery.
3. Battery: - 1300mah battery gives near about 2 days backup in normal use and 4 to 5 days stand by.
4. Screen: - It’s a good clear, bright and multi touch screen. Screen is very sensitive and responsive since it is a capacitive so touch experience is very smooth but one drawback is also there, also in almost every Smartphone within 10K have, that is low visibility of screen in sunlight. You tube videos plays very clear.
5. Sound: - Both front and back speaker performs well and sounds are clear in a phone call. Back speaker is not loud but it gives quality audio playback. Headphones sound quality is much better and loud also.
6. Camera: - Picture quality of back camera whether it is in video or photo mode both are very well which I liked most and with the presence of LED flash & 4x zoom gives additional edge to the phone. Basic front camera is just well for video calling.
7. Performance: - Since it has only 650 MHz processor, 150mb RAM and 256mb internal storage and also phone came with some preloaded apps which can’t be removed occupies up to 95mb of RAM and 110mb of internal memory. So I recommends for at least 8 GB micro SD card which have good read and write speed so that apps installed in SD card could execute speedily. And also install an Auto Task Killer application which is free in android market so that apps which is not in use can be get closed automatically and frees the RAM and speed of phone not get compromised. Connectivity is good and phone does not getting heat when continuously talking on call for an hour without headphones.
8. Applications: - All preloaded apps are performs smoothly and useful too. But I liked mostly Saavn, FM radio, Navigation (A-GPS), Wi-Fi tethering and Polaris Office as it support both viewing & editing of documents. But one cone is also here that it supports only word, excel or power point file in MS 97-2003 format only not MS 2007 documents might it will be upgraded in future. A lot more can be downloaded from android market as presently I’m installed 15 additional apps from Google Play Store.
The above opinion is based on completely handset that I get and using personally if anyone having any adverse opinion of this product due to getting a bad quality of this model they can express too and also don’t try to compare it with a phone of 15K.
Finally must say remember what you get at what you paid i.e. just near about 8K only.
Once again thanks to flipkart.
Bought this phone for my sister.
An excellent mobile phone with 'ALL' the features.
Once you enter your gmail address while setting up your android account, there's no looking back.
The wifi and gps work like a charm. The battery is good which lasts easily for 1 and a half day with data connection on.
Video calling is excellent, I tried it with my galaxy tab 7 plus and there were no issues.
The full QWERTY key pad is an added advantage. The 3.5 inch touch screen is Good. Pls don't compare it with 30000 bucks AMOLED screens, but it is clear, you can surf the net and read everything finely.
Google Play (Android market) is available for you to download apps. All games including Angry Birds etc run beautifully.
While buying it from Flipkart, pls buy the 8 GB micro SD card as well; because without the micro SD card the camera won't save snaps, which is Good. Otherwise the inbuilt memory'll be filled up by snaps.
I fully recommend this phone for everyone. It's good looking, and with all the features you'd want or imagine. :-)
Well, finally I m writing my review on micromax(world’s 10th largest mobile manufacturer company) a78.i bought 2 days back.(not from flipkart)
For me my requirement was anroid +qwerty+dualism so only 2 promising options I got which was micromax a78sperfone a78 & Samsung galaxy y pro duos.
-looks stuning manly look with choco brown color
-yes it has 3.5” screen & display resolution is amazing
-hardwers are so wonderfully made.no cheep plastic. Back cover madeup of s.s
-sound is really superb in earphones.(I m aware of quality of all big brand sound quality)
-all application inbuilt & from google play is working perfectly.
Battery backup- (16 hours with whole day watsup n net working)
Rigid qwerty pad, it will take time to use to with it(virtual qwerty is also available).
All I have to say, if u want to save yo 2000bucks & don’t want to think of resell u can buy it.
I bought in 8000(with 146gb crd) 4 out of 5. N cheers to micromax for huge upgradation!!!
I have set my sights on this device, ever since it was announced. Am waiting for a full review to pop up somewhere before actually buying the device. The specs sheet have all the specs at the minimum possible at today's date. (One of the specs not listed is Wifi tethering, I confirmed it with Micromax customer care)
Even though the specs are low, the device checks almost all the feature a phone can provide. Front camera, Large screen, qwerty pad, wifi tethering, active dual sim and so on.... There are other phones which provides most of these features with better specs, but at least one of the features of Micromax A78 will be missing. (Xperia pro series are not dual sim and the pro mini has a small screen, also its expensive. Motorola fire also is not dual sim)
So it all comes down to how good the phone performs on the promised features, Micromax have a bad reputation for customer service and providing upgrades for their devices) Waiting for an official review. My ratings are purely for the promised specs and value for money.
The phone Function is Good. For the Price Tag, its worth it. Have been using this for two months now. This is one of only two nonflip and non slide phones with a touchscreen and Qwerty keyboard. That's wat I was looking for.
Phone : Pros
1. Excellent Touch Screen. Really Sensitive and godd feedback.
2. Supports 32GB SDCard.
3. Dual Sim function is good.
4. Internet access is good and responsive.
5. Camera is good. Settings may be troublesome. Picture Quality is good. Has Panorama mode also which someone said was a big deal.
6. Front camera can be used for video calls.
7. All downloaded Apps(Games, utils etc) are working great.
8. Playes videos and songs like a charm.
9. Qwerty Keyboard excellent.
Phone : Cons
1. Battery Sucks. Have to recharge every 6 hrs. I will have to change/replace the battery. Some reviewers have mentioned that they are getting 2-3 days of backup. Not my experience though.
2. Loud Speaker Sound is not good. Other phones have much higher volume and clarity.
3. Pre-installed Apps are useless, memory consuming and you cannot do anything about
4. MI Apps DOES NOT work.
5. One of the the battery compartment lock broke when I was changing SIMs a few days back. I have now put a sticker to hold it there. My bad Luck.
Giving it a 3.5(4) , if the battery and its compartment lock was good, would have given it a 5.
But you won't get these features in any other phone at that price. I just hope it lasts. That will be a winner.
Few things that should be noted:
1. The battery charging port is near the top left corner, due to which it is highly inconvienient to call when it is charging.
2. The only speaker in the phone is on the back and so the volume (if listening it music) is very low if it kept on a desk.
3. If any problem with the phone, it has to be taken to a Micromax service Center which is hard to find.
I am facing some serious issue with the phone.
1. Battery drain - The phone OS consumes the battery all of a sudde...
Really a nice phone. Got this phone on 31 dec and it is really nice by look . easy to handle.After using samsung still i found...Read More
Some Feat are just amazing
the one feature i love abt this phone is that u end up using THE WHOLE...
1. Stop all unnecessary service like google play, facebook etc which are default in the system. These use internet data and als...Read More
Decent phone to have. Some features really makes you happy but only its slowness and low battery backup will turn you down... <...Read More