i have mmc canvas a110 and its awesome games working with no lag and camera is very good in day light at night it is OK
touch is awesome almost all game works
battery is also good i can play games for hours its last long 1 day with full usage
but still u u can arrange more money go for mmc canvas hd a116 !!!!
I tried a lot buy this phone from store in Bangalore...then Flipkart. But due to heavy demand i could not get. So bought from another online portal. This was a gift for my wife. She was using Nokia E63 for 3 years...no complains. But wanted her to use a smarter phone. She is absolutely happy with Canvas2. Full time on 3g. If you follow the standard care for battery, it gives upto 2 days max with full day data ON (for whats app), few calls, little youtube, 30 min radio, and when at home WIFI. camera does a decent job. Also happy that songs, data or videos can be directly copied from pen drive (using a cable approx Rs.200). And once my wife dropped the phone accidently on road. Luckily nothing happened except a scratch in the corner :(
For protection we got a screen guard, thats it! She is casual for the phone body. To my surprise the camera lens is still ok....she did not try any heavy games yet..I did not give 5 stars as i think the volume rocker could have been curved for user comfort.
I bought this phone in the end of December2012.
I thought it was a good buy,but now I'm not satisfied with MMX A110.
1. Screen Issue : Don't know how 3 big dead pixels came on my screen, Looks like they are spots which is irritating.
2. Earphone is dead, looks wise its still new. :P cheap quality .. expected.
3. 780p 1080p videos are lagging.
I will not suggest MMX's any product.
This is the worst phone that i have ever seen, i bought it last month at Rs. 11000/- in few days only the screen got cracked when it slipped from my hand. The material used in canvas 2 is very cheap and cannot withstand small jerks. And when i contacted the service centre to get it repaired they are asking for hefty amount to replace the broken screen since there are only few service centres for cheap MICROMAX company more over coming to the phones software reviews the phone contacts every time gets messed up due to CHEAP TECHNICAL FAULTS OF MICROMAX CANVAS 2. They say that the phone comes with internal 4GB but we get only 1.63GB of internal space. More over the phones 8MP camera is the worst i have ever seen in night when i click pictures they are very bad to see the flash doesnt work properly. Comming to the volume part its phone volume is also very low and the vibration is also very bad sometimes when i go out on my bike i find i have got 8-10 misscals this is because of both the sound volume and low vibration of POOR MICROMAX CANVAS 2. Playing TEMPLE RUN 2 game also stucks the phone..
1.according to u screens above 4.5 are bulky then y there is a huge demand for samsung galaxy S3 4.8 inch
2. who said no driver software search xda forums and u will find them easily just download them and use
3.softwares are not included that is good because freedom is given to use to use whichever software we want instead of making it a system software undeletable
4. there is an official release of jelly bean by micromax so now we CAN upgrade to JB
5. it is not about teasing any market it is just to show that Indian brands are also leading in competition amongst those foreign brands
and finally xolo is also having near specs with near price
i am using it since december 2012 its fantastic without any lag and done lots of amendments in this SUPERFONE :)
Bought this mobile for one of my cousin brother. Currently I am not using this phone, hence can't give technical review about this phone.
The only pros I observed about this phone is the quality of display is good. Sorry I can't give much technical review ...please refer others technical review. And I do agree with most of technical reviews by others. Even I WAS one of MMX fan (except for their customer support).
Now I am going to list some of the cons of this phone:
1. Size (5 inch) seems to be big and bulky for standard shirts pocket size. It looks like you are carrying a geometry box in your pocket. Operating from one hand is difficult. The standard phablet size should be between 4 and 4.5 inch. I feel Anything beyond this should be called as Tablet with call facility. This con is not only for A110, but for all the phablet above ≥ 4.6 inch.
2. No driver software. A Big Big issue of all MMX smartphones. Synchronizing with computer will not be that much easy without Good OEM software. It is difficult to be in smartphone industry with only good hardware, one should have good software also.
3. Not much software included in the phone.
4. Can't upgrade to Jelly Bean.
5. Finally, is MMX releasing these phones (A110 and A116) for teasing the smartphone market? Sell few thousands at affordable price and hold on the product for few days and increase the price by 10-20%!!! No mobile company does this kind of cheap marketing strategy. Do they think they are the only seller of cheap smartphones in India? If so, let them check specs and price of Xolo Q800.
My friend wanted to buy A110 (despite my opposition), but everywhere they have put "out of stock" board or price increased from 11,000 to 12,000. Now my friend feels lucky and thanked me, after seeing Q800 specs. I ordered two Q800 now (one for me and another for my friend). Just see in few days A110 will be available for 8K or it will be an obsolete one.
Simply superb in performance, Battery backup, Sensitivity, Build. I updated to Jelly bean version in Micromax Service center and more features have been added with amazing UI. Thanks to Micromax........................................................... :)
I got the item with in 6days of booking.
Packing is extremely good and device is working fine.
The device includes almost all features that high end phones of samsung and sony gives us.
Touch and battery backup is good.
Really a worthy phone that every one should try.
Please try to provide gift vouchers or gifts for freequent buyers to stick into flipkart.
i have read all the reviews of this phone but still i am very impressed with this phone and i bought this phone......................................................har bat ki ak bat micromax " nothing like anything".......tod chij hai.....
I bought it this week from a shop in Bangalore. I must say that I am satisfied. But, I would still point out some cons to you so that you decide over these points before buying. I scratched my head out and then could find only these minor issues. Otherwise, DIFFICULT TO FIND A PROBLEM IN THIS PHONE.
1) You install any player, but still very high quality videos wont play (only audio, no visual).
2) Camera quality is not 8MP. More like:better than 5MP but less than 8 MP. The LED flash is not so great.
3) Difficult to fit inside pockets, so not so easy to carry.
4) Not a high quality MUSIC phone. Music quality is good but not great. Loud speaker is very good. But, you need better hands free earphones.
EVERYTHING ELSE! processor, internal memory, touch screen (amazing for e book reading), battery, and so on......
If you are in dilemma whether to buy this phone or something else [(XOLO A700/X900), Windows phones in this range like LUMIA 510 or 610 (lots of problems with OS 7.5 or 7.8), Galaxy series in this range,etc]...You can blindly go for this, you won't regret (provided that those cons are not a matter for you) !
I WROTE THE ABOVE COMMENTS JUST AFTER 1 WEEK OF BUYING. AFTER A MONTH, MY VIEWS HAVE NOT CHANGED MUCH. AWESOME PHONE.
Safe and Secure Shopping
All major credit and debit cards are accepted. We also accept payments by Internet Banking, Cash on Delivery and Equated Monthly Installments(EMI).