Track using Order ID
Login and do more!
- Track individual Orders
- View your entire Order history
- Cancel individual Orders
- Conveniently review products and sellers
First of all, I had been using MMX A52 Aisha Superphone for close to 3 months. I was very much comfortable using the same. But, when my wife's Nokia broke down, I gave her my MMX A52. I was on the lookout for a new phone. I wanted a bigger screen size and I was looking at various options in Samsung, HTC, MMX and Karbonn.
From the reviews available online (Igyaan.in, Gadetsportal, Geekayranjith etc.) and having already used MMX A52, I booked the A110.
As usual, it was express service from flipkart. Though, I had to pay a couple of bucks extra than other online retailers, I was very comfortable with flipkart's prompt on time service, where I buy books regularly. Booked it on 31st Oct late evening. I got the phone delivered on 3rd Nov afternoon.
Now over to the phone.........
My kind of use my A110:
Lots of Emails requiring typing everyday, 1 hr to 1.5 hrs - browsing the internet daily, 30-40 phone calls a day lasting 2 hrs, Very minimal to nil movie watching, Almost nil gaming
I will first start with the Cons first....
a. One big let down, is the non availability of ambient light sensor in this phone. My MMX A52 also had the same problem. As long as you are indoors, there is no problem at all. Once out, it is very difficult to see the phone in broad daylight and the brightness needs to be adjusted constantly. This is highly irritating.
b. Since the speaker is in the rear of the phone, the ringer volume is absolutely muffled when you keep the phone on its back. I missed some important client calls due to this!
d. There is no option for rebooting the phone. Once the phone is switched off, to switch it on, it takes time to get into the groove to release the power button in time. Else, pressing the power too much sets the phone to its default mode automatically and you lose all your default settings (Don't worry, all installed programs remain untouched).
e. After every restart, my default keyboard (Swype 1.3) changes automatically to android keyboard (But I feel the basic android keyboard is much better for larger phones as the A110 compared to Swype. But this cannot be an excuse). I am forced to change it manually every time. This was not the case with my MMX A52. Don't know, if it is a problem with Android 4.0.4 or MMX.
g. MMX should have provided a scratch guard for this phone considering the size of the screen. I don't see anywhere in print AGC Sodalite scratch resistant screen!
f. Pathetic earphones that has come with this phone. Compared to the A110s phones, my MMX A52 is far better!
Now the Pros..... :-)
a. 4.94" Screen Capacitive Touch screen is very vivid in displaying colours.
b. There are 3 capacitive touch sensitive physical buttons at the bottom which makes using the phone really easy
c. MMX has not tinkered anything at all with UI. One advantage that comes along with the 1 GHZ, Dual Core processor with an unaltered ICS UI is, the UI is super smooth and super fast. I have seen no lags what so ever.
d. Pinch to zoom is also very dependable and works most of the time without much of a lag.
e. The best part of this phone is the LED indicator. There are 3rd party apps that you can install to make the LED blink in different custom selected colours for a missed call, email received, sms received etc. The colours can be configured to specific email IDs, numbers etc. This helps me a lot during client meetings as I understand what has happened to my phone when it was put in the silent mode.
f. I am not a mobile phone camera buff. But, the front 0.3VGA as well as the 8.0MP rear (really do not know if it is so...) cameras serve my purpose when I use skype for official or personal calls
g. The default browser is good. It supports all basic functions. For people who require further enhancements, there is Firefox, Opera Mobile or the Chrome. Haven't tried any of them yet.
h. The internal storage is about 503MB. There is also an internal SD card with a storage capacity of 2.05GB. With apps like APP to SD, you can move almost all the apps installed in the internal storage (phone memory) to the internal SD card except for a very few apps such as launchers (I run GO Launcher EX). To me this is more than sufficient and I do not find any need for any additional external sd card for my kind of use on this phone.
Haven't run any game on this phone, so cannot comment on the performance. Run some 720p videos from youtube. They run smoothly. But no luck with 1080p videos. There is no video playback. This shows the lack of RAM (473MB).
But for normal application and usage, this phone is very impressive.
Also, the build quality and textured grip on the back panel adds up to the elegance of this device.
You get a definite look from envious people when you take it out. Many mistake it for an S3. "Neighbour's Envy - Owner's Pride" - Go for it, if you want a nice big phone with fantastic features at a budget price.
My bro bought this phone from a local store as we were getting a better deal there (9800 rs).
Its been almost 2 weeks using this phone and it is absolutely a gem. The phone is very snappy - never encountered any lag.
The colors are also vivid - they do not appear washed out. WiFi performance is very good - never noticed any slowness. The speaker volume is ok - not too loud nor too low. The voice clarity is decent - no complaints yet. As with every Android phone, be prepared to charge your phone everyday if you use it a lot for browsing or reading as Screen and WiFi are the biggest battery hogs. However the 2000 mAh battery is quite sufficient.
There is no separate CD for drivers. As soon as you connect the phone to your PC in USB storage mode, a drive will open up with the drivers.
The white model looks gorgeous !!
No pouch is supplied with this phone. So I went to a local Samsung store and got a Note pouch that fits this phone well.
I got a screen guard for this phone and now the display looks amazing (hadn't removed the default screen plastic cover :) )
The supplied earphones are not good - the ears start paining after a while. So get a good earphone. The samsung galaxy series earphones work with this phone.
Now for stuff not much known:
1. Rooting for this phone is now available. So I immediately rooted this phone. With Titanium Backup, I removed the bloatware that Micromax supplies.
2. This phone supports USB OTG i.e USB on the go. Just get a USB OTG cable ( i got mine from ebay) and you can directly connect your pen-drive to your phone !! Awesome, isn't it ?
3. There is lots happening on xda for a110. So be sure to keep checking the xda forum. For e.g. there is already a hack which allows swapping internal and external storage thus providing more space for apps.
4. There is talk on the internet about micromax releasing a jelly bean update. Don't know how true that is but if it does release, then that would be fantastic !!
1. The first one (not really) is the low screen resolution. Ideally a 5 inch phone should have a higher resolution but no complaints since a110 offers so many features for such a low price.
2. I wish a110 had a magnetic sensor. Since this phone does not have a magnetic sensor, compass does not work.
I would definitely recommend this phone as it is worth every penny.
After going through all these reviews I too got excited and bought this, unfortunate for me I started getting display problems in a weeks time and submitted the phone at MS Ovez Communications in Bangalore. They confirmed the problem following which they had raised a case with micromax support to get the display fixed. I am having a difficult time getting hold of customer care numbers (delhi number) or even MS Ovez communication. Ovez communication is asking me to followup with micromax support to get status on the case raised by them. Being Micromax's service partner I think they should be doing it and not me. Also, it is next to impossible to get hold of micromax customer care number and even if i get through they just tell them they will look into it and get back, but the day has never come back. Today it is more than 1.5 months when i left this cell with MS Ovez communication and I just lost hope of getting it back, infact I'm sure they may soon come back and tell me that they are phasing out this mobile and hence cannot get a replacement for this.......it has been frustrating last few weeks that I feel I should go to consumer court for such kind of trouble. I wish I could give a 0 rating but unfortunately did not have a choice. Infact flipkart shd not be even selling this 3rd grade cells who don't even have a proper customer support in place.
Yes it is awesome.. No matter whatever someone says "about the RAM being only 512MB so it a disadvantage" Just ignore that crap.
So let me tell u it's the best android smart phone i have seen till date. 512 MB of RAM with a dual-core Mediatek 6577 processor powered with POWER VR Series 5 GPU is surely more than enough @ it's price.
The only thing u have to justify is between Multi-tasking & Heavy Multi-tasking, Either way its mobile & we are humans but not server's & computer's to do 100 tasks at the same time.
All other products by MMX may be below par but this is over the moon. I will certainly place my bet on a mobile that just beat out the sales of samsung/htc/nokia just by pre-booking itself.. Just imagine what would the final outcome be.??
You love it-Just go for it.......... I'm loving it..:) :)...!!!
First of all let me tell you I am writing this feedback from A110!!!
Its by far the best smartphone ever. Forget those pricy iPhones and galaxies
I ordered from Flipkart and they delivered super quickly.
About the phone...
I compared it with amoled of s3
Believe me guys the screen though less resolution is vibrant then s3. Don't ever believe anyone who says its pixelated.
Process & memory
Dual core is boon. The phone is super fluidic. Plays HD videos effortlessly. I have installed 350 mob of apps so far and no sign of slagness.
The ram 512 mb seems more than sufficient here. I didn't faced any difficulty running many apps together.
I am using this phone continuously on wifi 3g and don't feel its performance is lesser than most reputed brands.
After buying this I became fan of MMX. Great job with this one. Surely it will give big ones run for the money.
I bought it recently and the features MMX is giving in 10K is amazing. Here are my findings:
1.Touch is quite smooth, though its not equivalent to S3 or Iphone, but I would say its 90% of that, still its quite impressive.
2. Battery Life: Battery is Amazing, There is not heating problem while charging(I have seen some review saying it gets heated while charging). Though it takes some time in charging but once fully charged, It will last for at least a day even on the massive usage of phone!
3. RAM is 512 MB, but you wont feel that until you play a demanding video game.
4. Screen colors reproduction is good, contrast is also amazing, I played 720P HD videos and compared with S2 and there is not much of a difference.Due to large screen its not as much vivid as S2 or S3 but trust me its amazing.
5.Camera: This is where I am not satisfied, should have been a bit better. not looking like an 8 MP camera :(
But, in 10 K its total worth of money.
I have recommended it to my friends.
I am going to review this in the terms of:
So lets start:
1. Looks - Well, it will be safe to say that this phone does give the feel of Galaxy S3. It looks nice in hand, you won't feel that you are holding a budget 10k bucks phone in you hand at any point of time. It feels sturdy, not cheap.
So here it surely passes.
2. Camera - The 8MP Camera doesn't give you the 8MP clarity or the sharpness. Its not as clear as you would expect a 8MP camera to be. But on the same its not that bad either . It performs well and serves its purpose very well. Video Recording is nice, don't know is it exactly 720p as there is no option in the phone to check, but it surely looks good.
Comparing to the cameras of other phones in this range, surely it is at the top.
You won't be disappointed with the camera but won't be amazed aswell.
So here it passes again
3. Performance - The performance of this phone is overall decent enough. I personally haven't encountered any kind of sluggishness, but yes sometimes apps do crash. The phone doesn't get heated up. The touch of this 5' TFT LCD Capacitive Screen is very smooth, it makes you wanna believe that you have a galaxy phone in your hand.
So here is passed AGAIN!
4. Gaming - If you are looking for a phone cum gaming device, you should look somewhere else. This phone do lack behind in playing the high end graphic games, but it can surely run games small games like (Eg: Temple Run, Where's my Water, Subway Surf etc.) Pretty comfortably. So don't think it can't run games at all, it can, it comfortably can but not the High End Graphic games.
So here it's just Average, not pass!
5. Browsing - The Browsing of this device is like a charm. The websites loads quickly, the scrolling of the web pages is smooth, the pinch to zoom is smooth as better. You will be very happy with the browsing of the device.
So here it passes with flying colors.
6. Display - People who plan to buy a budget phone are often concerned about the display. So i would like to assure you people, you are in for a great deal here. The colors are really vivid. The brightness and contrast are really nice.
So here again it passes with Flying colors.
A complete phone i would call it. Is has everything you would look for in a cell phone.
If looking for a Big screen budget phone, don't look any further, you have just found what you were looking for.
PS: A highly recommended buy.
I purchased this phone a week back and here are the details regarding the same.
1. Really good UI as MMX has not tampered with it in any kind.
2. The dual core is very fast, experienced NO lags.
3. Screen Resolution is not ultimate but above average.
4. ICS is a treat!
5.Battery backup is good, around a day and a half. (After installing battery App .)
6. Can be rooted easily.
7. Plays 720p HQ (not HD) Videos. YouTube and playback.
1. Takes around 2hrs to charge.
2. 512 MB Ram is a let down as its only 502 MB and only around 270 MB can be used after boot up.
3. 8MP camera is of 5MP quality. Night time the camera behaves like 3.2 MP.
4. Video recording is of 360p quality.
5. Needs a Screen Guard desperately.
6. No reboot option.
7. Back cover is cheap. Feels like inferior plastic material.
8. No ambient light sensor.
Things that can controls some cons:
1. Use NQ Android booster (Memory App + Battery App) solves the ram problem to 75 to 80%.
2.Use Internal2SD app.
3. Use Picture apps that can enhance picture quality.
A great phone which with little tweaks can rule the market of budget phones. Make no mistake, this one is A SURE BUY!
PS : I've been using other brands like Sony and Samsung and HTC and I must say MMX has come up with a product that can beat any other phones in this price range. No doubt.
I WRITE THIS REVIEW FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF A STUDENT WHO DOES NOT EARN SHITLOADS OF MONEY TO AFFORD AN S3 OR AN IPHONE OR AN HTC X.I HAVE BEEN A MICROMAX LOYALIST. I BOUGHT THIS PHONE 7 DAYS BACK AND AFTER 1 WEEK OF HEAVY USAGE I AM WRITING THIS REVIEW.
I WONT GO INTO QUADRANT SCORES, NENA MARK TESTS OR ANTUTU BENCHMARKS COZ PEOPLE MAY ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE LIKE.
THIS PHONE IS MEANT FOR AVERAGE MULTI - TASKING NOT HEAVY MULTI - TASKING.
IT IS MEANT FOR PLAYING GAMES OCCASIONALLY NOT AT INTERVALS OF 15 OR 20 MINS.
IT IS MEANT FOR TAKING FUN PICTURES AT HIGH RESOLUTION, NOT FOR TAKING PHOTOGRAPHICALLY CORRECT PICTURES (CAMERA QUALITY IS EXTREMELY GOOD AND IMAGES ARE NOT TACT SHARP BUT I GUESS THAT DOES NOT MATTER WHEN YOU ARE TAKING PICTURES WITH YOUR MOBILE AND THAT TOO AT A PRICE OF RS. 10399).
THE VIDEO PLAYBACK QUALITY IS EXCELLENT IF U KEEP THE RAM FREE (I SUGGEST U END ALL OTHER RUNNING APPLICATIONS BEFORE PLAYING A 1080P VIDEO).
SURFING SPEED IS AWESOME - SCROLLING AND PINCH TO ZOOM ARE BUTTER SMOOTH WITH RESPECT TO THE PRICE OF THE PHONE.
THE DISPLAY IS EXTREMELY PLEASING (AFTER I HAVE BOUGHT THIS PHONE I HAVE WATCHED 3 720P MOVIES ON THIS PHONE AND I MUST SEE THERE WAS NOT ANY LAG FOR EVEN A SINGLE SECOND). I WOULD ALSO SUGGEST PEOPLE TO BUY THE ASHA SCREEN GUARD FOR THE MICROMAX A110 AVAILABLE ON FLIPKART. IT IS TRULY SCRATCH RESISTANT.
THE PHONE FEELS EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE IN THE HANDS MAINLY COZ IT IS VERY LIGHT WEIGHT. FOR THE WHITE COLOURED MODEL KEEPING THE BACK TEXTURIZED PANEL CLEAN CAN BE A PAIN SOMETIMES BUT I LOVE MY NEW PHABLET.
THE BATTERY LIFE IS OVER THE MOON. WITH 8 HOURS OF CHARGING I CAN EASILY USE THE PHONE FOR 1.5 DAYS (HEAVY TEXTING, OCCASIONAL CALLING & GAMING, EXTREME VIDEO PLAYBACK, EXTREME SURFING COZ I LOVE THE 3G DOWNLOAD SPEEDS).
THE ONLY CON ABOUT THIS PHONE BEING THAT PEOPLE THINK MICROMAX IS A BRAND THAT CANNOT BE TRUSTED LIKE SAMSUNG, NOKIA OR HTC. BUT I THINK ITS HIGH TIME THAT THE UNEDUCATED, ILLITERATE AND SHOW - OFF CRAZY PEOPLE OF OUR COUNTRY WAKE UP TO THE FACT THAT JUST BECAUSE I HAVE MONEY I DONT NEED TO WASTE IT ON A PHONE THAT OFFERS THE SAME SPECS AS A CHEAPER MODEL, SIMPLY BECAUSE THE COSTLIER MODEL IS MADE BY SAMSUNG, NOKIA OR HTC OR SONY.
THREE CHEERS TO MICROMAX!!!!! :)
Micromax A116 Canvas HD key specifications
5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor
4GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB
8-megapixel rear camera
VGA front camera
2100 mAh battery
The company has not disclosed the exact price for this device but has indicated that it will be retail for under Rs. 15,000.