Track using Order ID
Login and do more!
- Track individual Orders
- View your entire Order history
- Cancel individual Orders
- Conveniently review products and sellers
It is true that this device is a single-core phone.
But Micromax just stated on their facebook page that the dual-core version will be out tentatively by "September-end".
So I would recommend you guys to wait till the dual-core model is released and NOT buy this single-core one.
Why dual-core? Because a ~5" screen could do with more processing power, that's why. The larger the size of the screen of a phone, the more processing power it requires.
Otherwise, this phone seems fantastic. I'm waiting eagerly for the dual-core model to be released to buy one!
I just had purchased this phablet from local market as it was not available on flipkart, so the thing about this phablet are that like
1) Nice 5 inch 5 multitouch capacitive touchscreen which is very responsive to the touch.
2) Has dual camera primary camera of 5 MP with LED flash & secondary camera with 0.3 VGA camera, camera quality is good in normal day light but also it has night mode functionality.
3) Now about the cpu it has 1GHz Qualcomm Scorpion arm7v processor "Single core processor", well its not dual core.
4)Battery is pretty nice, charged full battery & used it for internet surfing for 1-2 hours, listen to the music for an half an hour, watched an entire movie of 160 minutes on the devices, kept it for complete night on standby mode & still good battery of 80 percent remaning.
5) calling is good, both the sim works properly, sim 1 is 3g sim & sim2 is an 2G sim.
6) speaker is loud & clear, even voice in call is clear & loud.
7) about the connectivity, realy fast on wifi & 3g even with the stock browser, flash player & videos work fine without showing laging.
8)Also supports various video formats like mpeg & avi.
1) Internal memory is not 4Gb, internal memory available for user is 1.32 Gb.
2) Even ram is not 512 Mb its 387.5 Mb.
3)Processor is not a dual cor processor, its an single cor processor.
4)No dedicated hardware buttons for main menu,home menu,search options, there are touchscreen buttons on the screen which takes almost 72 pixels of the screen.
Thats all about the devices guys, even for prices of rs 10K in India what do we expect, overall nice phablet within this price range with all the smart phone features. Looking for an indian brand i my suggestion go for it OR wait for new upcoming dual sim android from sony xperia tipo & miro, spice stellar 500.
All the best & have fun while shopping.
Micromax a100 is not a phone & tablet
it is a phablet
the revolutionary movement of micmax
best competitor to samsung note
I just had purchased this phablet
from local market as it was not
available on flipkart,
then i just start with the cons of this device
1) mmax said that it has 4 gb int memory&512 mb ram but these r available for user is 1.37 gb &380 mb respectively dont wory it is much for normal use
2)single core procesor
3)have no hardware buttons only have touch screen buttons
which takes almost 70 pixels of screen
4)No Gorilla Glass protection for
large screen, you drop it once by
mistake and see your 9999 going
into dustbin as large screen is
more prone to easy breaking.
1) Nice 5 inch 5 multitouch
capacitive touchscreen which is
very responsive to the touch.
2) Has dual camera primary
camera of 5 MP with LED flash &
secondary camera with 0.3 VGA
camera, camera quality is good in
normal day light but also it has
night mode functionality.
3) Now about the cpu it has 1GHz
Qualcomm Scorpion arm7v
processor "Single core processor", its not dual core.
4)Battery is pretty nice, charged
full battery & used it for internet
surfing for 1-2 hours, listen to the
music for an half an hour, watched
an entire movie of 160 minutes on
the devices, kept it for complete
night on standby mode & still
good battery of 80 percent
5) calling is good, both the sim
works properly, sim 1 is 3g sim &
sim2 is an 2G sim.
6) speaker is loud & clear, even
voice in call is clear & loud.
7) about the connectivity, realy
fast on wifi & 3g even with the
stock browser, flash player &
videos work fine without showing
8)Also supports various video
formats like mpeg & avi.
1)Spice Mi-500: Exactly similar to
A100, but with dual core
processor. It will be in market in
Thats all about the devices guys,
even for prices of rs 10K in India
what do we expect, overall nice
phablet within this price range
with all the smart phone features.
Looking for an indian brand i my
suggestion go for it OR wait for
new upcoming dual sim android
from sony xperia tipo & miro, spice
All the best & have fun while
Wah what a cell launched by Micromax ...!!!! I purchased and luving it :)
It hasnt yet launched in Bangalore.
Large Screen 5"
Android ice Cream 4.0.4
5 MP camera
Wifi , FM , Music player
I am not getting any dis-advantages as of now :)
Buy this beautiful set before the time lasts :)
will never buy a Micromax product henceforth :- too bad services & support
2 Months back i purchased MMX A100 here at Pune , but from last week it started creating problems like continuously hanging + screen flickering , thus i submitted the same to the Service centre at Pune , the person told me that the product will be repaired & the board will be changed , but it will take around 10-12 days time ....I Patiently waited for about 12 days until I called the service center today to confirm but i got astonishing answers like " SIR ABH I DIVALI KA PERIOD HAI TO SHAYAD IS HAFTE PARTS NAHI AAYENGE , AB DIVALI KE BAAD YANE 2 HAFTON BAAD AA JAYENGE,,,,,
what kind of service is this?????? asking me for more than 30 days to just repair a single board of my Mobile ?
reason : unavailability of PARTS ( y do u guyz launch products if you cant provide their parts on time????? )
totally unhappy with your services & support Will never buy a single of MMX item & never suggest anyone to buy one....
Go for branded mobiles guyz ...all others are cheap toys
My Micromax Job SHeet no - SALMH294R383 SUBMITTED ON 26.10.12
I'AM SORRY TO SAY BUT IF MY MOBILE IS NOT REPAIRED WITHIN 2 DAYS TIME I'AM FILLING A COMPLAINT IN THE CONSUMER COURT
I have been using mobile phones since last decade and a half and have enjoyed various models of several companies and in August end I opted with a lot of enthusiasm to buy Micromax A-100.
Within a few days I knew I made a wrong choice as I found that the device would hang and shutdown when ever any application for example 'Camera' was run. The phone was neither able to handle the Micro-SD card nor any application and would switch off repeatedly.
Now since 29th September it has gone to sleep for ever and it does not switch on at all.
The same has been experienced by all who so ever have bought your new models such as A-84 and A-87.
I feel very strongly that Micromax should withdraw these models from the market and honorably refund people's hard earned money ASAP.
I have purchased it but after sometime it start creating problem as the ram fulls down if you install many application and phoen keep hanging.In th video you may not able to see lag but in real life you will start feeling it.Problem with this set is every user have different set of problem.My friend mobile is able to play some hd games but same mobile which i have hangs many while starting the game.MY friend do not same 3.5 jack as headphone but handset ready to accept it.I go to shop and enuire about that shopkeep tell me that every user come up with new story.He also tell micromax is not shipping phone as to hype that it is selling so much that it become out of stock.If you have nit play with android mobile than you will never notice any lag.
2. low price
3. good video play back
1.Many 3.5 jack do not accept it
2.every set have new problem
4.not easy to handle du e to big size.
5.it should have more ram and power
6.after 30 apps installed it become very laggy
6.No dual core and MMX guys keep posting on FB pages that they are going to launch dual core version also.
Suggestion:Wait for more time as it may come as dual core otherwise purchase it.
With majority of us puzzled as to why this model is out of stock "almost" everywhere well below is/are the answer/s.
1. I went to one of my friend at the biggest retail store of mobiles. He said that this phone has issues which are beyond the control of the manufacturer. ICS has very high RAM & CPU requirement & in absence of atleast a dual-core processor the phone will be sluggish within 6 months of operation. Micromax will be launching a 1 Ghz dual-core version in the 1st week of October(tentative.
2. ICS is very heavy OS hence a Jelly Bean version was launched even before ICS could get famous. Currently only 3.6% mobiles are running ICS and it is already finished.
3. & for all who already own a A100, don't worry... when you feel your system is getting sluggish and a poor touch response just remember its the time to get your system formatted/ OS reload @ service centre.
& for others who are planning for Ninja 3.5/4 guys there is a big catch which is the RAM. In short let this month pass if you can afford or else go for Ginger-bread.
--- The best buy budget android phone - Karbonn A5. The biggest advantage - 512 MB RAM. Plays anything including HD games. & some may say it has a 800 Mhz processor. For you guys, the processor is highly optimized & is better than 1 Ghz of micromax series thanks to high RAM.
So guys make a conscious decision for money is hard earned.
I bought this phone at the very first day it was launched. Initially I thought it was a good buy but soon my expectations vanished.
On day 8 this phone never rebooted and stuck always at the welcome screen. I thought this might be an software issue but when I took it to the service center, first they kept me waiting for 3 hours and then said there was some problem in LCD. I was totally shocked on their dumbness and asked if LCD was gone then how could you switch it on.
Then they again checked and said the problem was in the mother board. I still didn't believe him and left this phone over there in a hope that they would soon replace its circuit board (in a week as they promised). It's been a half of month since then and still I'm waiting when they would fix it up.
No doubt Micromax has the worst and the poorest service in the country. They always left their customers unsatisfied and humiliated by their service center staff.
I recently found that this A100 crap is a pure chinese phone and micromax took it in India after rebranding.
I would recommend all not to buy any micromax phone
PS: I didn't buy this phone from flipkart. As far as services from flipkart is concerned believe me it's superb. I ordered a book from flipkart and got it delivered well before the delivery time.
Althought i am writing lot of cons i absolutely loved the product just becoz its a complete package...and u can never get this much for merely 9500.
while seeing other smart phones in the market you will never feel that your ph. is not capable of doing the stuff that other high end smart phones can do but obviously there are some limitations.
1) 5 inch display / but u cant watch 720p or 1080p videos
2) Looks and feels very cool in your hand / but its a bit heavy
3) ANDROID ICS - you can run almost all apps except hd games above 300 mb / sometimes it becomes sluggish and i need to press the unlock key twice to unlock it.
4) REAR CAMERA is good - produces very good images in day light but below avg in low light conditions....flash isnt powerful and can be used only as a torch light ;-)
Some of the Photos and videos taken becomes inverted automatically and u r left with no other option to rotate them manually.
but the quality of pic is any day better than galaxys with below 5mp cam....n i hv chckd it.
5) SKYPE AND GTALK VIDEO CALLING is possible and works great but u need to be in front of some bright light otherwise the person on the other side cant see u...but u can enjoy it thanks to 5 inch display.
6) STOCK ANDROID is beautiful but the transitions arent that smooth in case u install lot of apps...but u can live with it
just keep your ph. clean by limiting the apps u require the most
ALTERNATIVE- download app backup and restore app from the market and create backup of all the downloaded apps....remove and install them from your memory as per your requirements.
7) Voice clarity during a call, loudspeaker, bluetooth, wifi work absolutely fine without any issues....although earlier my airtel sim sometimes used to show no connectivity even in areas with good signal strength on other phones with same sim...but now its working without any problem.
8) BATTERY life is good but it take a lot....mind u...a lot of time to charge.
soooo thats about it.....the biggest advantage is the bigger screen which is great while browsing websites even your can read very small text, watching videos, playing games and video calling...
now the problems faced by other users
1) RED BORDER problem where the screen show half centimeter border
SOLUTION- factory reset your ph. i did it and now it works perfectly fine...and whenever the problem comeS i just reset it again
2) HEADPHONES - use nokia headphones only those headphones have the same band structure to that of the micromax.
samsung and htc has diff band structure.
3) INVERTED PHOTOS - u have to rotate them manually...no other go
4) display flickering - try factory reset
VERDICT: GO FOR IT IF YOU HAVE LESS BUDGET AND WANT THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY IN YOUR HAND...BUT U MIGHT HAV TO COMPROMISE ON SPEED AND BRAND NAME.