Track using Order ID
Login and do more!
- Track individual Orders
- View your entire Order history
- Cancel individual Orders
- Conveniently review products and sellers
I'd like to set the record straight about this phone as there are some ignorant reviews (like those from Nishant Sharma, Susheel Karkada and Subhanu Bhattacharya)
Yes, we know that "Megapixel alone doesn't make great pictures". Seriously guys, we know better than this.
So, why would Nokia put a 41MP camera in one and call it an innovation?
Because it IS an innovation:
PureView uses a method called "oversampling" to gather information from as many as 8 pixels and combine them into 1 pixel for a resulting 5MP or 8MP picture.
This produces an image that has almost zero noise, exceptional detail and almost as good as a DSLR. Seriously, the level of detail in the images is incredible (check out some samples on GSMArena or Nokia site)
Also, PureView allows upto 3x lossless zoom on 1080p video - never before possible on a phone!
So is the best-camera phone better than a DSLR you can get for roughly the same price?
Yes and No.
No, because of course a DSLR will be infinitely more flexible and offer more features.
But on the other hand, Yes, because you don't carry your DSLR everywhere you go - and lots of exciting moments happen when you least expect them.
To be fair, it is not perfect, and these are the cons from my point of view:
1. Nokia belle is a great OS, but there is no denying that it is dated; and apps are limited.
2. Display resolution is not great and is only 190ppi (by comparison iPhone's Retina display has over 300ppi)
3. It could have been a bit slimmer.
4. 33k is far too much
Because of these, I knock off one star.
This is a phone for people who just want a phone with a great camera.
If you need dual-core or unlimited apps, go get an Android phone. If you want MS office, get Windows Phone.
But if you want the greatest camera available on a phone, and have the money, then this is your pick!
I bought this phone 3 weeks ago and the word that goes for this phone is " THE BOND"... Although Nokia market is going through some jittery phase mostly because of the fandroids, this phone has come as a savior.
The most important point is that people are criticizing Nokia without knowing the features. When I told my friends (who also are fandroids)that I am gonnna buy Nokia 808 pureview, they simply rejected it. When i told them that it has 41 MP camera sensor, dolby surround sound, 1.3 GHz processor, FM Transmitter, HDMI port, Full HD video with lossless zoom, they changed their mind. :-)
So, my review for this phone goes like this----> As everyone knows, this is the best camera phone I have ever used. I clicked the photograph of ANT and amazingly, i can see every minute detail of the tiny creature. The colours are amazing and 38MP full resolution pics are simply best when zoomed (You can take the pic of an object kept approx 1 KM away...thats right, 1 KM away!!!)...
The video quality is again the best. The SGS3 has the worst video recording quality (even poorer to N8)...
About the Symbian Belle FP1 OS, this is awesome. It is quiet fast, the interface is good, and the best part... you can use almost 6-7 apps at a time without any sluggish behavior.
Nokia has built its own Operating System and is not going through any criticism of copyright breach just like Samsung is facing.
Symbian is altogether a different Operating than Android or Blackberry OS. No one do comparison between Android OS and Blackberry OS and also no one criticizes the latter, even though the Blackberry is having far less apps than Nokia OVI store.
It is very unfair if you are trying to defame a company who is known to give the best user friendly phones for decades and it is still giving the best technological gadgets to the market.
Nokia 808 Pureview is simply amazing. I will highly recommend it for all the smart phone buyers who are actually in a mood to buy Android phones. Give a second thought to Nokia.
Many have taken by mistake that, 41MP camera!!! what am I going to do with that? Of course it can take images with 34(16:9) or 38(4:3) Megapixels but the real game-changer is the pureview technology which combines 8pixels into one pixel to give stunning 5MP image at 1MB of memory. It can even be set to take 8MP or 2MP images with never before seen quality on a compact camera.
It doesn't stop there, have you ever wanted to zoom into your subject using any phone, of course not because the image will get grainy. But with Nokia808 you can do digital zoom without any loss to some extent, which varies depending on 5MP 0r 8MP or 2MP images. This applies to the video capture also which gives 4X lossless zoom for 1920X1080p, 8X for 1280X720 and amazing 12X lossless zoom for 640X360. You can even do slow-motion video capture at 640X360 res.
With all this image capturing capabilities the phone also comes with CD-quality audio capture in videos with true stereo effect.
The 1.3GHz processor is enough for smooth operation of the phone, for gaming and video capturing the phone has separate powerful processing units.
The operating system of this phone must not be considered as a barrier for buying it because there more than enough games and few important apps available, everyone who is looking for a real camera phone should buy this without hesitation.
This phone would have received 5/5 stars. Read below why I gave 4/5 stars.
So, What happened after I got this phone?
1. I stopped using my dedicated camera
2. I stopped using my ipod.
3. I stopped using my Radio.
4. I stopped using Google maps.
5. I started recording my videos in HD.
6. Its a conversation piece. Gets lot of attention and eye popping reactions.
What I was looking for:
1. A high quality camera that I can carry easily and is not bulky.
2. A device that can make calls.
I wanted to records my new born and was looking for a very light weight camera with high quality. I was basically looking for a camera that can make phone calls.
Let us start with what I like about this phone:
Do note that this phone is not for everyone.
1. Camera: In fact, I was about to buy a dslr camera for about 30k. But the very thought of having a bulky electronic gizmo made me cringe. So, I started to look for mobile phones, that can be carried anywhere. 808 and n8 were the only contenders. After nearly a month of research, I decided to get my 808. 808 gives stiff competition against many dslr cameras. Try googling "nokia 808 vs dslr" for many comparisions. This is a one eyed monster that can be carried anywhere. Picture quality is crisp clear and photos are a literal eye candy when taken in sunlight. Image rendering algorithm on this mobile is sheer engineering feat. If you are planning to take many full resolution photos, get a tripod. Even slighest shake make the photo blurred.
2. Display: Many have complained about low resolution of the screen. I had no such issues. Colors simply pop out beautifully. One of my colleague called the screen "Vibrant".
3. Sound: The most understated feature of this phone is sound output and sound recording. I just threw away my ipod after listening to the Dolby surround sound in the headphone. You have to listen, to believe it. My wife asked for another 808 phone just for the sound. Rich recording in the phone can record very high quality without disturbance upto 145dbs.
4. Maps: You can navigate maps offline. Download it once and you can go anywhere without a internet connection. Pretty amazing. Maps are well placed out. There are other options such and Check in, guides and Drive.
5. Radio: You need to headphone to get the radio working.
6. Video: Video recording with rich audio is stunning. It sounds real when you watch it on a HD TV.
7. Games: There are enough games available for time pass. There has been many complains about not many applications and games for Nokia Belle! Is 1 lakh not enough?
8. OS: Belle is very efficient, although it has some quirks that you will get used to. There is no lag in the OS other than the gallery section. I do not know, if this is because of huge gallery images. OS uses battery to full extent without wasting power. This is the only OS that supports true multitasking. Many complain of OS not being able to support multi core processors. This is wrong. Belle does support and changes to the code needs to be done.
9. Battery life: I used music player for more than 10 hours at a streach and still the battery is around 45% used.
10. Screen: Screen is legible even in direct sunlight and is made of Gorilla glass.
11. Grip: The camera bump provide your finger the much needed rest and arrests the mobile from slipping down.
13. Radio Broadcaster
What I don't like:
1. Gallery: Some times gallery is slow to start. This is only the 1st time you start the gallery. Once started, it is a breeze. I did not reduce the star for this reason.
2. Stephen Elop: He is the reason for reducing 1 star. He essentially killed Meego OS and now Belle OS in favor of Windows mobile. I hope this pays of and Nokia can still make it. Last 10 years have been a disaster for Nokia. Nokia has promisted support upto 2016 for Belle OS.
3. Apps: Belle does not even come near iOS and Android when it comes to apps.
1. The phone comes with a safety cover. I do not like it. It makes the phone very bulky.
2. I am a novice when it comes to Camera, this one fits the bill perfectly.
3. 25K for this device might be on a higher side, but the pictures make it totally worthy. You will need to shell out more if you are planning DSLR camera and many of them does not even stand a chance with this phone.
4. If you are still planning to get the phone, this is the right time. Stocks are lowering on a day to day basis. You will simply love this phone if your intention is the have a good camera over a phone rather than a phone over a camera. It does all the function of a phone plus amazing image capturing. Use Automatic setting when it comes to image capture and you are good 99% of the time. 8MP and 5MP are best to use. I personally prefer 8MP. This is a camera centric phone, so don't waste your time if you are not too much interested in image capture. I am simply loving every bit of it.
I traded my Galaxy S3 for this one. And I'm loving it.
The pros first:
1. Excellent build quality. Feels like a Tank, built like a Tank and looks like a Submarine.
2. Gorgeous screen. Though it's got a low resolution, but it never feels like that. In fact, this is the best screen in any smartphone. Excellent in sunlight. The colors don't fade even in direct sunlight.
3. Fast. Yes! It's FAST!. Ya Ya I know, single core? so what? it's so damn fast. I just love going through the menu just because it feels fast!
4. BEST CAMERA IN SUCH A PORTABLE DEVICE EVER. Comparable to DSLRs. It took shots comparable to my Canon 550D. And the video recording is actually better because the sound is out of this world.
5. Best audio output in a device. Dolby surround sound. Actually. And I'm not using my iPod anymore. Nuff said.
6.Battery backup is pretty amazing considering the size of the screen. It lasts for almost 2 days on average usage. i.e. around 2-3 hours of calls, Web browsing for hours. Hours of music and a lot of picture.
Though make a not that if you use the Xenon Flash a lot, the battery life would be considerably shorter.
7. The touch screen response it marvelous.
1. Screen resolution. It's low. Could have been higher.
2. A little bulky. The camera hump on this beast is even bigger than that of the Nokia N8's.
3. Lacks of apps. Though I myself don't use many apps but for some this may be an issue.
4. That's it.
Should you buy it?
Well, I'd say yes, absolutely go for it. But then again, some people just want to install all sorts of apps on their devices. Most of them useless, so those people won't like this phone.
But if you are looking for a Smartphone and a Camera par excellence, then you should not miss this one. Because you won't regret it.
Final verdict: Go For it. But remember, Every rose has it's thorn.
The best camera is the one you have with you! Nothing could be further from the truth. Forget all the negative comments on Symbian. Forget the screen size or the resolution. If you like the idea of carrying a GREAT quality camera around with you at all times, don't think twice. Go ahead and buy it.
Incredible resolution. Brilliant flash. Bright f2.8 lens. The camera will not disappoint you. Image Quality is as good as any compact camera. If you want to have a handy camera with you to take to the pub or to a party, then this will more than serve you well.
Buy a 32GB micro SD card and you're set. Flipkart has some good deals on micro SD cards. Select a Class 10 card. You will be tempted to take lots of full resolution pictures and the files sizes are around 12 to 14 MB.
I have no idea why Flipkart does not mention that a gorgeous case is included with the purchase of this phone(camera?)The case has a unique protective cover for the huge lens.
I wanted a top quality camera in my phone and did not care for anything else. If you have the same requirement, then do not think twice and just get it. If the OS and the screen resolution matter more to you then you should first check out the phone before ordering it.
And as always, brilliant service from Flipkart. I got it well ahead of the promised time. The price fell by more than a 1000 rupees about a day after I ordered it, but that's the price one ways to be an early adopter of technology :-)
This is the best Cameraphone you can get. Hats off to Nokia. Considering specifications:
1) 41 MP Multi-Aspect Oversampling Sensor, best camera quality.
2) The beautiful Nokia Belle FP 1 with Dolby Surround.
3) 16 GB inbuilt Memory.
4) Nokia Belle is very well optimized for single core processors and less RAM. It doesn't need quad-core chips.
1) 184 ppi screen is not good. Symbian should support at least FWVGA resolution.
2) Design is a but bulky, might uncomfortable to some.
3) Desktop Adobe Flash support is nowhere to be seen.
4) Broadcom BCM7263 GPU is not powerful enough.
Overall, a highly recommended product for photographers, but in case you want power, consider HTC One X or Samsung Galaxy S III.
Nokia truly made the convergence of mobile with a camera possible years before it was imagined to be evitable.
Dpreview Gold award for Nokia 808 was a testimony of it. Infact it was the first time in the history, a mobile was even considered worth to be reviewed on dpreview for it photographic abilities & that too being awarded gold award.
Infact it is the most reviewed mobile phone on gsmarena too.What it lacked was an optical image stabilizer that nokia lately offered on a downgraded pureview sensor in Lumia 920, which otherwise would have made this deadly best invincible.
Nokia has promised to support Symbian till 2016,to those who are worried about lack of future support let me ask u one thing what you do with ur mobile after 3-4 years. Do u keep on upgrading the OS or simply buy a new one. A life time free voice guided satellite navigation & legendary mobile photography do really need an upgrade?
What nokia offered as camera phone is unrivaled even after 1 year of its release.They made something u just can???t get over the shelf by any manufacturer in the world. Just ask yourself what u really need in ur mobile when u are actually mobile. The answer will automatically come to you and its something that is definitely beyond number of cores and screen size.
Out of the box you will get following stuff :
Most advance camera ever build for Mobile
3D Offline Navigation
AVI Vedio Playback
You will get all of them without any modification of your device.
So, just give me a single example, where you will get all of this.
So, just don't think about how many CPU and how much RAM you have on your phone. This phone already have sufficient resource for giving you the best output. So, why you guys are shouting so much, or actually you guys are really not that much happy with your own phone?
And please don't compare technology with Nokia (, as your beloved Apple & Samsung also paying $$ to Nokia for using most of the technology they use on their smartphones as royalties. :)
Reading the reviews by fandroids my insides were literally boiling so compelled to write this review.
First things first:
The phone is a total masterpiece with the newly INNOVATED ingenious Pureview technology by Nokia (SGS3 fans please quote such innovation by SAMSUNG if you can).Im not needed to tell the quality that it provides.
Considering the thickness and weight of the phone remember guys this is a 41 mp sensor and a powerpacked lens its due to occupy some space and mass.Only Nokia could have done this marvel to fit it in best.
Screen size and resolution do matter but for a phone 4-4.3 incher does a good job. Go and buy a Tab if you want more. Resolution and ppi are the areas nokia should look upon.
About processor; Nokia does a very good job by giving a 1-1.3Ghz processor. A phone seldom made to run more than 4 to 5 different Apps Windows whatever one may call. And the above mentioned processors suffice for the job. No one plays an HD game along with an open Store and a facebook account logged in while listening to music.So rest assured.
Now coming to the OS section(I have been long waiting for this;) ) Bells UI is not only good but much superior to Androids(Touchwiz,Sense etc etc) One can make folders and arrange installations into their respective categories like Apps Games Internet and so on.So one can say that symbian is an OS for people who like discipline and neat arrangement not for the Rowdy Rathores..
When one changes a theme on a symbian phone most of icons change and make a complete makeover of phone
About Apps on Google play I would like to advice fandroids to take a sneek peak to see who are the developers of millions of Apps...are all those Professionals or just Amateurs ? I dont need to tell that Apps by Amateurs will havemany bugs.
For Apps on Nokia Store they are less no doubt but all are highly productive ones namely Joikusoft(here goes WiFi tethering of all Androids),Carpenters Friend,Astroller,Stellerium,Phonenetinfo and so on
Besides Nokia dosent Publicize its features and apps like FM transmitter,Its super Navigation supporting Maps,the office update which was recently released with FP1,Nokia World Gaze, Nokia City Lens ,Nokia Pulse, Nokia Here and Now etc
Oh sorry I was almost to forget about Nokia Music Store(Does Android Have one?) and its Mail client which in terms of UI and Performance outmatches any other
Sorry to stretch it so far but i can still continue if i want to....Moral of the story: first truly experience nokia before criticizing it and of course GO AND BUY NOKIA PUREVIEW.