Track using Order ID
Login and do more!
- Track individual Orders
- View your entire Order history
- Cancel individual Orders
- Conveniently review products and sellers
I bought this mobile for me, but after using this i was really amazed with its responsive touch and performance,every features is uniquely cool,specially easy access of everything at this price range,though the cam quality is not upto expectations but its definitely better than any other 3 mp mobiles at this range.
my point :
- Responsive touch,
- Extremely good battery run time,
- No more series 40
- New Asha Touch UI
- New Fast Lane
- Duel SIM
- Smart design,
- Camera better than equivalent htc or samsung 3 MP,
- 4 GB memory card included (not mentioned in specifications here),
- 1Ghz Processor
so if u expect a mobile with tons of features at low price range
- low Screen Resolution 240x320 .
- No 3G network Support.
- no A-GPS. (who cares) look at the price ;)
than android or whatever i'd suggest u go for New Nokia Asha 501, i am sure u wont regret..
Let me tell you all something. not everybody needs a high end smartphone, it depends upon their liking and their pocket :P. Nokia cares about their customers !
now, you have to admire what nokia is doing here, they have introduced such a simple yet a trendy and well built product ( of course, nokia is meant for quality ! ).
Nokia Asha 501 is a phone meant for students who need to be in touch all the time and who also can't afford the high end smart phones like the iphone or galaxy s4 etc.
you seriously need to appreciate nokia when it comes to phones with good features and excellent quality, which is the new upcoming asha series.
it's amazing how they have used lumia's colors and designed it like a n9.
features are remarkable.
1. it has a very good responsive touch screen.
2. amazing new feature called as Fast lane, where you can swipe through apps instantly
3. it comes with dual sim (Easy Swap feature), for those who need more than one !
4. it's wifi capable
5. Nokia Xpress Browser is light on data, but it still gives you the full browsing experience.
6. Answer calls, switch between applications, reply to messages and get around your phone quickly with a simple swipe.
7. a good 3.2 mp camera !
8. different colors and interchangeable back panels
9. nokia has provided Red colored ear phones in the box.
it's only Rs.5199 ! and it was made for the Indian market.
Just don't think ! go ahead and buy it !
Almost same price range but I have figured out the differences which must help you before buying -
N stands for Asha 501 and S for Star S5282.....So let's check out
1- Operating System
N- Asha OS
S- Android ( Jelly Bean )
N- Comes with 4gb card but no data cable in the box
S- Internal 4gb memory ( So no card given ) and data cable is also there
3- Touch Screen
N- Very smooth touch like feather thanks to Capacitive screen ( 3.0 inch screen )
S- Touch is average ( 2.9 inch screen )
N- Very slow processing No ram
S- 1 GHz Cortex-A5 with 512mb ram
N- Not Supported
S- You can do multitasking with ease
6- Document Viewer
N- No document viewer
S- PDF document viewer
N- 3.2mp so far fine
S- Only 2mp average
N- Can't find available networks easily, No Wi-fi Hotspot
S- Great connectivity through Wi-fi and Wi-fi Hotspot
N- Can play only limited video formats , no equalizer option in music , Headset sound quality is very poor
S- Can play many formats and have equalizer as well , Headset sound quality is superb
11- Battery backup
N- You can do only limited things and it's a java phone so battery backup is good
S- You can do many things , thanks to android OS but being an android phone battery drains very quickly.
....................So, I request all the guys that if you want to purchase any of these phone then please buy it according to your need. Both phones are good on their place and are of trusted brands so quality wise good..................Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am using this phone for 2 days. This phone is awesome. Display is clearly visible at direct sunlight even in medium brightness. Tower strength and voice quality is far far better than any other phone. Battery backup is superb. You dont have to think about charging. Phone size so calculated that it nicely fits into your hand and weight is so light that you might think sometimes are you rally holding a phone. Touch is best among all smart phone. Fastlane is nice technique to close and open a new open in very short time. Camera is superb in this price range. Video quality is also very nice but not all format is supported you have to convert videos before transferring into your phone. UI is cool and you will love it from very 1st day.
But there are some cons. No 3g. You have to choose wisely your operator which give you good 2g speed. But the xpress browser is fast. Infact in medium 2g speed pages load in 3-4 sec. Not all video format supported. And the final con is APP. If you are a android user you will find this asha little bit of boring. I hope in some days they will develop some good app. This can possible because asha is based on java language so developing apps for java is easy. But over all for middle class peoples like me in this range nokia gave a superb phone whose hardware, battery as well as look is best among under 8k phones.
I bought this phone yesterday from local mobile store shop. There price was low than flipkart's price. I paid 5150 rupees for this product & there was an offer to extend warranty period for an year by paying extra 100 rupees.
1. The phone contains 50 preloaded apps & 40 free EA Sports games.
2. A 4gb microsd memory card is included with the phone.
3. Good battery backup.
4. Good camera quality.
5. Responsive touch
6. Great design, & the handset is not very big in size like other smart phones.
7. There is an only back button. There is no necessity to use it frequently. You can do everything by swapping.
8. Wifi & bluethooth transfer speed is very good.
9. The phone support Nokia Maps, the maps application is not given. But you can download it from OVI store & it works nicely.
10. Different colors and interchangeable back panels.
11. Nokia Express browser is quite good & it saves upto 90% of your browsing data.
12. YouTube works nicely.
13. You need not require any configuration setting from your operator. Just put your sims & switch on the phone & start browsing.
1. Both sims are micro sims.
2. It only supports videos upto 240p.
3. Red colour headset & quality of sound coming through it good but not the best.
4. Whatsapp is not available, but it will be available in next 1 month in its upgradation.
5. No 3g network.
6. No A-GPS.
7. Processing speed is little bit slow as compared to the other phones having 1 GHZ processor.
In overall, Nokia is giving lots of facilities in 5k Range. So this phone will be a decent purchase
Well! this Review post is for all those whom i want to care about. You may be my friend or may be unknown to me right there reading my post.
I want to tell you a story or rather my experience regarding this particular mobile set.
Me & my sister bought the same set (one yellow & the another one - white) just on the very day it was launched. Till 1 month -n- 4 days there was no problem. & after that ???
1. In my one : Whenever i switch-on the wi-fi, the phone hangs up & never restart again. Even after 2 times of software reinstall the same problem is persisting. The N.Care sent it to the Chennai head office also, but even after their research there, the same thing is repeats. So, they gonna replace the set atlast & God knows what other problem I may need to face then in the new one
2. In my Sister's one: Nokia Asha 501 comes with Swipe Up n Down for attending calls. She is facing the problem that her swipe is not working all the time whenever she need to pic up a call.
So, according to the above mentioned experiences I would like to insist you all for not going for this set as the NOKIA -walas are having so many software faults even motherboard problems too in this series
I have purchased this Nokia Asha 501 15 days ago. These are my experienced defects with it!
1. No pdf. reader in it.
2. No copy/cut paste feature in it.
3. No FM recording option.
4. No Call recording option.
5. No multiple files sharing of music.(i.e., u cannot send Audio files more than one song at a time via bluetooth or any medium . even u cannot share any album at once.) One more thing u cannot share any things other than audio and video files through this phone.
6. Coming to alarm. I don't know why they gave this feature. as we dont have any option to change the volume of alarm. By default Alarm sound was fixed and it is very light so that u cannot even know that ur phone is sounding alarm while u are in sleep!
7. No full Java / nokia store apps support!
8. We can't enable Java script in its Browser!
9. It do not have even a basic Units converter also!
10. Coming to its proximity sensor. its not so good! while u are attending your call through ear phones. screen will be turned off. so that u cannot even disconnect your call by pressing any key soon.
11. One more Important thing to say that Nokia had not provided this worst ear phones ever in the earlier, as it don't have any call buttons or any thing. By seeing them we can't believe that they are of Nokia Brand!
12. we can't find the date at any place on the screen except in the calender. it don't have the feature to display the date. I will get irritated when I don't see the date when i need it Immediately.
13. And the Last defect is as Nokia said it is dual standby but not Dual active. while u are browsing internet though one sim the other sim automatically gets switched off. so U cannot use Internet for long time so that u cannot receive the calls/sms on other sim while u are browsing on one sim.
The remaining features are awesome than ever.
Hope Nokia will update atleast some of the above features through its Phone update feature...
Don't go for other cheap android phones of Samsung or Micromax. They are made of poor quality hardware. As all the micromax phones are made using Chinese hardware, they are not up to the mark. If you really wanna buy an android phone go for Sony. As a fan of Windows first I looked for the lumia series but they are all priced above 8000 bucks so I ended up buying this one. It???s better than Samsung Galaxy Star Duos (which also comes in this price range). It comes with a 4GB memory card which in not mentioned in the info here. It can't play 720p or 1080p videos as the screen resolution is low but it supports all the other resolutions. You don't need to convert any files to 320x240 format to play it on this phone whereas phones like Samsung Glaxy Star despite of being android can???t play videos of larger resolution. You can???t use whatsapp on this phone though the latest update of Asha OS 1.1 will allow you many things to do your phone including whatsapp which has been confirmed by Nokia. According to me this is the best touchscreen phone at this price range, and also the best phone in the Asha series too.
I am using this for one week.
I think this one of the best mobile of Nokia as a touch screen with the Lumia design.
Key things that you get at this price(5k)
1. sim- ---(Dual standby)
2. WIFI--- yes (you can use free internet where wifi network available)
3.Touch screen---- YES (capacitive touch screen smooth to use)
4.Battery----1200mah (Long battery life)
5.Internet connectivity--EDGE (236.8 KBPS)
6.Camera-----3.2 Megapixel (With 3x Digital zoom)
7.Blue tooth---yes (Adavance version )
8. Multi media---Audio plyer(mp3 and Midi)
---Video player(AVI,MP4,3GP and ASF SUPPORTS)
9.Memory & Storage----32gb expandable ang
------ 64 MB internal( IT HELPS YOU FOR BETTER INTERNET SPEED)
10.Important Apps--- Facebook, Twitter, Nokia Chat, YouTube.
---------You can find more EA games.
11.- 4 GB memory card included (not mentioned in specifications here),
- 1Ghz Processor (better and faster )
The Dis adv.:
- low Screen Resolution 240x320 .
- No 3G network Support.
- no A-GPS. (who cares) at this price ;)
-than android or whatever i'd suggest you go for New Nokia Asha 501,
After one month usage, the following is my experience with this phone.
-- It has nice looks with screen size is apt at 3" and the touch is mostly receptive except in the corners which is lil tough.
-- Battery life is ok (1200mAh) with recharge every alternative day with moderate use on videos, Nokia games, few calls and messages.
-- Dual Micro sim but not dual active. ie., you will be offline, while you browse with a Sim.
-- Low on ram at 128MB? but provided with a 4GB micro card with pre loaded Apps like Ninja run, ICCT2013, weather, FB, Twitter etc...
-- Nokia express browser is good and definitely faster. A definite plus
-- It doesn't have good file document reader ( docs, excel , ppt ) need good apps as soon as possible. Diyum???s ???Mypocket doc??? etc are just waste. They didnt load any docx, xlsx, ppt files.
-- LCD Touchscreen is bright and is ok under sunlight, but handle with care
-- Messages: while keying in the message, backspace is non receptive. Literally to press hard at times.
-- Contacts: Search option is almost hidden by default, we have to swipe down hard to locate it.
-- Video play is good, better than Galaxy Star.
-- Camera quality is good, infact, better than any galaxy phone with 3MP
-- Nowhere in the phone, processor, RAM and such configuration details not given.
-- Cannot add your own wallpaper for screen but Wallpaper for lock screens can be added.
-- Phone can play videos avi, mp4, 3gp format but not flv or wmv. No equalizer option in music.
-- Headset sound quality is ok for this range. BUT the headset color is red.
-- Offers Multiple keyboards - Gujarati, Telugu, Tamil, Hindi etc..
-- You cannot manage the Apps, ie., you cannot delete those cheap games, Apps that comes along with Phone pre- installed. I wonder why Nokia did this ?
-- Prox sensor working but there is a lag observed during a call (while not on hands-free mode).
Guys, I had to buy black color headset at 550/- and a Data-cable at 250/- which sums it 5900/- overall price for Asha 501.
Hope they take my feedback positively, and improve this Phone. But definitely 501 is worth a try, for moderate non gamer customers.