Track using Order ID
Login and do more!
- Track individual Orders
- View your entire Order history
- Cancel individual Orders
- Conveniently review products and sellers
If any phone can trigger polar opinions, this is it. Some people would frown at the bulky build, while others at the hardware that used to wow audience in mid-2012 and still others at the lack of customizability and versatility that we are so used to from android. The other line of thinking would say Lumia 920 may well be the start of a new love affair! Why? They cite the following reasons:
1. Polycarbonate unibody with immaculate finish. The phone feels more premium than almost all other phones out there in the market. The matte versions are almost impossible to smudge. Also, with the weight uniformly distributed, some may like the weight. In case you don???t, here is some good news. As drop tests suggest, the phone is built to last. It is difficult to scratch the phone and even if you do, the thick polycarbonate ensures there is more of the same material inside. Hence you may do away with a case for the phone effectively bringing the overall weight to what a s3 would be with its case.
2. 4.5??? Clear Black Puremotion HD+ display at the front flaunts an impressive 332 ppi. With all three sub-pixels to be counted, the screen is tact sharp. Detecting pixels with naked eye would be impossible. Moreover, the screen is bright and has very accurate colors. The clear black polarizing filter makes sure outdoor visibility is very good. The other important thing is that the screen is super-sensitive letting you use the phone even with gloves on or with finger-nails, keys(??) etc.
3. 8.7MP pureview camera shoots excellent low light stills. The floating lens technology also comes in handy while shooting video. In daylight however, the camera fails to impress.
4. Qualcomm MSM8960 chipset with its 1.5 ghz dual core krait CPU and 1 gb of ram makes sure windows phone 8 is a breeze. One has to give credit to windows phone 8 where it deserves, which is being extremely fluid and stutter free at all times. A WP 8 phone will also age better than an android one.
5. While we???re at it, although Windows Phone 8 retains most of what WP 7.5 was, it does iron out a few things here and there. Native-code support would make porting apps to windows easier, which potentially means lots of apps from developers. It also brings in Bluetooth file transfers, resizable tiles etc. All of these and a few more are welcome additions to Nokia Lumia 920 over Lumia 900.
6. 32 gb inbuit storage.
7. Free software perks like Nokia Drive, Nokia Lens, Nokia Music etc.
8. A more intangible plus with Nokia Lumia 920 is the Nokia service and support which I personally value more than any other competing brand in India.
9. Wireless charging.
The other school of thought will be vehement about:
1. Built like a tank, literally and figuratively.
2. The sheer number of apps is a huge point in favor of android and iOS. There is no denying that apps to a great extent determine the user-experience on any platform.
3. Not the cleanest of audio outputs.
4. Non-user replaceable battery.
5. No Micro SD card. Yes, it isn???t a problem with 32 gb on-board storage but think about times when you have to format your phone. You have to backup and then restore all your music files, documents etc.
1. A tribute to Samsung Galaxy S3 would be the fact that even after 6 months of its arrival, it still remains the biggest player in smartphone market and a threat to every new phone being introduced. A complete smartphone whichever way you look at, looks or brute processing power should tilt your preferences towards Lumia or galaxy.
2. Apple smartphones are humble in many respects (apart from price) viz. size, processing power, resolution etc. But once you turn on the phone and play around with apps installed is where the magic begins. The software and hardware integration on an apple device sets it apart from the competition. On the same lines, the latest offering from apple, iPhone 5 delivers the most flawless performance.
While Nokia continues to suffer at the hands of Samsung and Apple, it hasn???t forgotten what it is known for: which is making quality hardware with few strokes of geniune innovation. There are very few things you can hold against Nokia Lumia 920 once you get used to the size and windows os. Unless, you???re of the kind who think a few tenths of a millimeter or a few grams of extra weight is going to kill them, Lumia 920 is worthy of a serious thought. For the right person, it might be the start of a new love affair!
The Lumia 920 and Windows phone OS is an Addiction!!
You don???t know what it really is and what it is capable of doing!!
Windows phone 8 is an amazing Mobile OS by itself, and it has been mastered with Nokia Quality and attention to detail! what else does a man need?? :-P
Nowhere on the planet can you find a phone better built than this one, in every way it outsmarts the entire lag infested, crappy Android phones!!
Well the windows phone 8 OS need a little ???Getting used to?????? but once you do, you???ll be laughing!!
You???ll be laughing at everyone around you thinking in your mind??? ???Ignorance Is Bliss??? how ppl holding ancient androids and iPhone???s, and have no idea about the level of comfort and joy you???re experiencing with your Nokia Lumia 920, and the Windows Phone 8 OS!
I have a Lumia 800, running on Windows 7.8, and I???m addicted!! It???s a slightly lightened version of the windows phone 8 OS. and Runns so smooth!!
It is simple a phone with an unbeatable Built Quality and OS Stability!!
with Amazing Features!! which no other phone on the planet have!!
coming to the camera, Are you Serious?? :-P Like you dont know?? :-P
the whole world knows whose daddy!!
again Nokia proved that it still rules the market by launching all new nokia lumia 920..
the feature like never befor is offline gps and pureview..hats off nokia
now even siii cant touch even the features of nokia lumia 920
Lumia 920 is currently the flagship device from the house of Nokia. It is undoubtedly the best windows phone in the market to date....it simply beats HTC's 8X in almost each and every aspect. Thanks to the Pureview HD+ display...the display is awesome...It also has the Nokia's PureView technology in its camera. Pureview is a technology, which samples the photograph by combining multiple shots taken by camera. Hence, the main benefit of this technology is that we get a very crisp and clear image with almost zero noise level. Lumia 920 sports an 8.7 MP camera, which is almost as good as a Nokia N8's 12 MP camera due to the legendary Pureview technology. If you wanna spend in excess of 40k to get a windows phone..then this is the phone for you. Simply opt for this one...its better than a HTC 8X in its category. The touchscreen is awesome...and so is of all the windows phone devices! The social connectivity options on a windows phone device are just awesome..and a must-try. The phone sports a dual core processor, which makes sure...that our apps are running as smooth as butter. Well...Lumia 920 is powered by NFS feature too, by which we can share data on other NFC-enabled device....simply by a tap. This is the phone windows phone fanboys were waiting for so long. Well....If you could afford one and wish to spend to get a windows phone only...then the competition comes between Lumia 920 and 8X. The winner tag goes obviously to the Nokia's flagship Lumia 920!
Thanks for reading my review.
I was enjoying using this product until one night I put it for charging and woke up to see a single small crack on the upper right corner of the glass, where the Nokia logo is, develop from the inside,. I went to Nokia Care and they told me Glass is not covered under warranty and asked me to pay 13k for repairs. I called up Nokia and the support executive said that it counts as physical damage. When I explained that I had done nothing out of the ordinary to damage the device, the customer care executive said "You must be pressing the screen too hard !" And this is a Gorilla Glass 2 display we are talking about. I don't want it take a beating, but I certainly expect it to NOT BREAK during regular use. I even volunteered to send the device to Nokia so that they can see that the device has not been damaged by me. They simply refused.
Don't be fooled by drop test videos and such over the internet. Do your research before buying the product. Many people have complained of an extremely weak glass that gets easily cracked and Nokia Care simply refuses to help saying physical damage.
Mind you, it is a good phone but if you are unlucky like me, be ready to pay big buck in repair for choosing Nokia.
I bought NL 920 three weeks ago. So here is what I found about NL 920.
Firstly I would talk about its screen Its brilliant. Superb sunlight visibility and amazing contrast and natural colours. It produces real low motion blur!! I would rate 10/10.
Next about the processor and RAM. Snapdragon performs very well and the available RAM is enough however 2 GB would have been better. I didn???t felt any lag while using the phone . So I would rate
Next I would come to camera. Its 8.7 MP Camera did perform very well but not upto expectation. The camera interface is poor . Its overhyped.
Next about the battery. Although NL 920 has 2000 mah battery its back up is bad. I found on heavy usage [using internet over 3g downloading, playing some games for 10 minutes, using some gps and some other apps] it hardly lasted 8 hours which is very disappointing. Moreover the back of the phone becomes very heated up. I tested this on lowest screen brightness settings.
Next about the call reception and signal strength. During my usage in all these days I received and dialled many numbers and didn???t face any call drop issues.The sound from the speaker was distinct and clear and loud enough.
But about the signal reception it has some weak signal reception capability nearly 8-10% lesser than my NOKIA 5230 which is disappointing from this high end phone.
For call quality-10/10
For network reception-7/10
Next about the audio and video playback. Video playback quality was superb @30fps but unlike galaxy s3 , galaxy note2 , htc one x it supports many less formats. So you wont be able to play all the videos.
And about the audio playback. The sound quality from the stereo speakers really great and loud enough. But when it comes to the headphones it is again disappointing. The retail package headphone with is bad. I compared with my NOKIA 5230 using Philips SHE 9550 headphone. The thump& bass depth was worse than 5230. Even while playing at higher levels [25+] the sound from headphones was not distinct and a little distorted compared to N 5230. Although NL920 has DOLBY DIGITAL sound but the result is not up to mark
So for video playback-8/10
Next the user interface. The user interface is amateur compared to android and I phone. Many major things are lacking. Eg you cannot set any ringtone volume separately, Poor multitasking etc.
So for user interface-6.5/10
Next about the browser. NL920 has the INTERNET EXPLORER. Trust me NL920 has one of the best browsing capabilities with the IE . You can book tickets , fill online forms , recharge your accounts and zero lag..
Lastly about the build quality . Unlike the galaxy NL 920 has been built line a premium phone. You wouldn???t feel any cheap plastic feeling. Its built like tank. Heavy and standard look . To me weight was not any issue.
For build -9.5/10
So overall I would like to say Nokia has tried well to capture the high end market but there are some serious lackings in their most innovative phone.
No doubt NL920 is the best windows phone in the market but unless you are a Die Hard fan of WINDOWS OS dont go for it!. You will get much better smartphones in the 34k range.
So here are some comparative overall ratings.
I PHONE 5-89/100
Recently on (3 march) i faced some major issues. While listening to music, phone hanged and after that screen went black and no response. Neither i can switch it off nor i can remove its battery to restart it due its innovative non removable battery and also you cannot download offline maps other than wi fi network,no native video calling means u will have to use skype and pay to skype for video calling. thank god i have my old W910i and SE Hazel J20i for video calling. Moreover there is no file manager , no decent pdf viewer.
So my overall rating further goes down from 85 to 80/100. So beware
Nokia is back in game with Lumia
Many of the drawbacks/Problem have been removed in this phone. Nokia always deliver its promise & its the years of experience & R&D that made this fone successful
I really love to use Nokia's Devices, that does not means i havn't used other manufacturer's handset.
1) Awesome build & finishing, it really looks a premium phone with a class. Buttons are just awesome (Volume up/down, camera, lock)
2) Best camera which works great even in low light conditions
3) Battery is good, don't know why people saying about bad battery, one cannot remove it but can be changed by nokia care so it doesn't matters.
4) u'll just love windows phone, its just awesome
5) clear black technology again makes it different from others & it really looks a classy phone
6) some body said about speaker of phone, man u cannot expect loudspeaker type of sound better purchase some cheap Chinese handsets, Music lovers can seem music wirelessly to JBL speakers :)
7) Download Unlimited free music from Nokia Music for 1 year (Depends upon subscription)
8) Regarding High Speed Internet, i am getting 4.5 MBPS at airtel 3G Network, some body also said about LTE issues, comon man which handset is giving u 4G in INDIA ???
As per current 4G technology only some handset of Huawei is compatible (I m not sure but read some where, that nokia has promised for 4G Compatibility).
But seriously think, isn't 4.5 MBPS enough ???
9) Most Important, when u use ur phone under day light or sun, u will feel blessed :)
10) Instead of running all apps in background like android, microsoft runs push notifications & resumes the application when u open it, it really saves ur battery.
11) Fastest growing APPS Market
12) Now Microsoft tell me understands Indian Accent :)
13) Smart Photo shoot mode
14) Live tiles - Example i can read sender, Subject & 1-2 lines of email (Its just great)
15) Bluetooth Share
16) No need to synchronise only thru zune, accesible thru direct connecting with system
17) If u think, LUMIA will hang like N SERIES, the u r wrong..
18) Nokia Care
19) Contacts are saved to windows live, google etc & docs can be saved in skydrive, rest of the data (Music, pictures) are synchronised in PC/Lappy to get instant backup after reset
20) MS OFFICE
21) No compromise with data security.
1) No temple run (but soon lots of gr8 apps r in way)
2) only 32 GB, but its more than enough as its mobile not External HDD
3) Number of apps is less as compered to android & IOS
4) People are less confident in buying windows phone
"I just want to remind you that windows phones was launched in 2007. first windows phone was bought by HTC. I strongly from 2007 microsft is making application for windows phones. how many 5 years now still they are developing applications. in 5 years they cannot bring top apps how they bring in couple of months."
#here you are talking about windows mobile which is totaly different from windows phone os
#WP OS was officially launched in year 2010 (get your facts right )
#since then wp marketplace has grown a lot
about lack of apps here you are right but quality of apps is not bad at all
and in starting developers were unsure of its success
but it gaining success day by day so apps will also come..
#apple is not top selling mobile company samsung is (again get your facts right)
and apple is still behind nokia lol
if we talk about particular smartphone
then samsung galaxy s3 leads (yep s3 launched way before than i phone 5)
nfc is not samsung patent thing so nokia didnt copied samsung here(year 2006, Nokia 6131 was the first NFC phone)lol
#yep you are right here wp7 phones cannot be upgraded to wp8 instead they are getting
wp7.8 but i think you dont know that is due to hardware in compatibility but still by providing upgrade to 7.8 is kind of support and microsoft also promised another update i.e. 7.9(rumor)
#i phone 3g cannot be upgraded to ios6(get your facts right lol)
now this is the real truth
nokia has done a wonderful job with this phone.most beautiful phone i have ever seen.great features.great os
Keyboard is best among the all high end phones.
touch Sensitivity is great.even monkeys with banana can operate it.(it was nokias problem,as people say using good old symbians).it"s time to change.
though its heavy(not 4 me,but some modddeerrn tell that),its durable than other fragile ones).
same build quality like a c2
best in class camera. the truth is night shots look like shot in daylight. and nokia is improving their camera and phone through constant updates unlike others.
open your eyes guys. admire the truth.
os too is great.
ITS TIME TO SWITCH
Writing this review after going through hundreds of.review videos and.having a personal experience.on Nokia lumia 920.
Comparing it with some giants.
Most giants have quad core professor and lumia has dual core.Is this a shortcoming?No it is the use of brain as no windows phone needs quad core for their smooth responses and lumia will never need in near future as it is a simple though strong platform.So lumia did a great job by putting even this processor and giving it a decent battery life.Same goes for gpu.nvidea cleary said that and htc showed that by aunching 8x.
As for fragility,to break it is challenge.It does not get any scrates if u drive ur car over it or u play baseball with it.check out the phonedog YouTube video for complete practical.
Here is a comparison between 2 giants which I found out on net...
Lumia 920>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> iPHone 5
Master Maps-------------------------------------Mess-up Maps
Public transit guide for global traveler------iLonely and secretly flirt with Siri
PureView Camera-------------------------------PurpleView Camera
Clear lowlight photos---------------------------My party photos are drunker(fuzzier) than yours
Survives a fall-----------------------------------The poor pretty thing!
Gets the job done-------------------------------What job?
Good for normal people-----------------------Good for Apple worshipers
Nokia: "Sorry, we will update"-----------------Apple: "You're holding it wrong!"
Clear view under direct sunlight--------------Is my phone on?
4.5" viewing asset-------------------------------Squint retinally
Wireless charger--------------------------------Where is my this-year's-special cable?
Touchscreen wearing gloves-----------------Cut a hole on glove
So guys simply go for it as it much better than all the giants in terms of hardware.and as of apps Nokia and ms is taking many initiatives to bring unique fun app to the marketplace.while android and ioss is taking no initiatives u wil never get now unique apps on it as ms is patenting all its unique app idea.we will definately get all android apps on windows as it is not made my google and apple(with the help of ideas taken from contest).windows marketplace has 1.5 lakh well chosen app.it added 75000 app in a year,faster than ios.as of quality,it takes time but still there are many quality apps.ms is gettin android all top 50 apps to ms market.
So guys take ur decision.