Microsoft Lumia 535 DS (Black, 8 GB) (1 GB RAM) review by
Average user ratings for this product
A true no-compromise budget phone.
Microsoft nails every aspects of budget phone with Lumia 535.
- 5 inch screen with qHD display thus 220ppi and protection of croning gorilla glass 3. Galaxy prime has same display without Gorilla Glass and prime comes at 15k.
- 1 gb RAM, Windows os run very smoothly even on 512 mb RAM but with 1 gb RAM say goodbye to all the resuming screen.
- Two 5 MP cameras. Rear one comes with LED flash but can only record 480p videos (no HD recording) and is average, but the front camera is where lumia 535 shines with the same 5 MP shooter as lumia 730 with wide angle lens, amazing selfies. PRO TIP: use 'Lumia camera' app, it clicks much better picture than default camera app.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 quadcore processor which runs the os pretty smooth and is better than all those pathetic "octacore" mediatek processors.
- This has latest windows os with Denim update and you can activate cortana by setting "English UK" as speech language.
- Also this phone has proximity and ambient light sensors which were missing in 530 and 630.
- Double tap to wake, graphic equaliser are good addition but its missing colour profile for changing colour scheme.
Answers to few concerns that I noticed in various forums.
- Touch is ok, not as good as 630 but also not as bad as people are making it to be, it is just that sometimes scroll is registered as tap, and some missed taps but it is not that bad as it sounds.
EDIT: Microsoft has confirmed the touch issue and will be providing OTA software upadate for this.
- Though one sim is mentioned as CDMA but both sim support GSM sim.
- And yes it can play HD videos, just use class 10 SD card and download moliplayer.
- Also if your phone is lagging while using app or playing games, it is most probably because you are using old SD cards. Get class 10 SanDisk card, it works perfectly.
- You can zoom while taking pictures by sliding two fingers (Use Lumia Camera instead of the default camera app )
Buyer’s guide: You can get this at local store at 9000 or even less, don't go with this outrageous pricing of flipkart. Wait for WS Retail to stock it if you want different colour variant other than black at fair price.
And to all those guys who are complaining that it should have 720p screen, Snapdragon 400 and 8 MP rear camera, I have two words for you- Lumia 730 (best phone you can get for your money). I didn't notice many compromises as is expected by phones in this range, Microsoft could not have done better with this phone.
82% of 115 users found this review helpful.