Micromax 400R Data Card (White) review by
In Stock. Delivered in 4-5 business days.
Average user ratings for this product
I have been using the product from the last 1 month. I would say this is an Excellent product in this price range. Kudos to Micromax to bring this product.
1. Quick to install (5 minutes).
2. Quick to connect to the internet (about 20 seconds).
3. Can be charged directly from USB or power plug.
4. Good battery life.
5. Different option for wifi security.
Also include all other pros specified by other users. I didn't find any one to be wrong.
1. No detail User manual in the Box. I have read other posts where people were complaining about lack of Manual. I say, there is a very detailed manual present in soft copy. But in order to get it, you need to get it setup and connect to it admin webpage via 192.168.1.1. In this page they have a pdf link for a detail user manual. Silly.
2. No option to make calls or sms. Cannot see the current balance in the SIM. Always have to open it up and plug the sim to another mobile to view the balance. That's something I can adjust with.
3. Confusing LEDs. Micromax has tried hard to show all types of information using 4 LEDs. Green to 2g, Blue to 3g etc... Its a big confusing at the beginning. I had to keep the leaflet handy initially, but now I am accustomed with the lights.
Tips to Install: -
1. Initally Switch off your PC Wi-Fi. Insert the sim, Battery in the Mi-Fi. Swith the device On. Press and hold the power button for some seconds.
2. Plug in the USB cable to the PC.
3. System will automatically install all required drivers. This takes some time.
4. After installation is complete, go to Windows Explorer and you will see an extra CD Drive of Micromax speedster. Copy all files in this drive to some other folder. At this time, the Mi-Fi is simply connected to your PC for charging. Not for internet via USB.
5. The copied files has a speedster.exe file. Run this file. After a some seconds, you will notice the Extra CD rom drive has gone and now you have a Removable drive in Explorer. This is you MicroSD. Now the Mi-Fi is connected to your PC via USB.
6. open IE and open 192.168.1.1. This is the admin panel. In the top right side you will get a detail user manual pdf. Read it to get info on how to setup Wi-Fi etc...
After doing all the setup, you can now connect to the Mi-Fi using its WiFi or USB mode. You can also use its WiFi and connect it via USB for charging only. For this, donot run the speedster.exe.
92% of 12 users found this review helpful.