Product Review Creation Guidelines
Guidelines For Writing Product Reviews
Product reviews on flipkart.com
are a great way to help other customers decide what to buy, and what to avoid. Here are some tips to writing great product reviews:
Have you used this product?
It's always better to review a product you have personally experienced.
Educate your readers
Provide a relevant, unbiased overview of the product. Readers are interested in the pros and the cons of the product. Make sure your review stands the test of time, and what you write today is relevant even after years.
Be yourself, be informative
Let your personality shine through, but it's equally important to provide facts to back up your opinion.
Get your facts right!
Nothing is worse than inaccurate information. If you're not really sure, research always helps.
Be creative but also remember to stay on topic. A catchy title will always get attention!
Easy to read, easy on the eyes
A quick edit and spell check will work wonders for your credibility. Also, break reviews into small, digestible paragraphs.
What's Not Allowed?
Customer reviews should be relevant to the product in question. The product review section on flipkart.com
is for you to share your opinion on the product, and for other customers to research better. Flipkart.com
reserves the right to remove reviews that include any of the following:
• Irrelevant review (Review consisting of a combination of random characters, random words, repeated content, reviews on another product.)
• Service feedback, including availability, order or payment related queries (Please use the Contact us
form for the same)
• HTML embedded in text
• References to other retailers
• Pricing related comments
• Personal information (Phone numbers, postal address, email address and others)
• Profane comments
• Inflammatory comments
• Copyrighted comments
• Plagiarized content. (Any content found elsewhere on the internet, even if you're the original author.)
• Promotional content
• Reviews by or on behalf of a person or company with a financial interest in the product or a competitor's product (reviews by authors, artists, publishers, manufacturers without disclosure)
• Reviews written for any form of compensation
• Reviews given using fake ids, irrelevant user email ids
• Asking for helpful votes
• Review in any language other than English (unless there is a clear connection to the product, like a regional book or a regional music album)
• Feedback about errors in the product description.