All items that have the "Cash on Delivery Available" icon are valid for order by Cash on Delivery.
Add the item(s) to your cart and proceed to checkout. When prompted to choose a payment option, select "Pay By Cash on Delivery". Enter the CAPTCHA text as shown, for validation.
Once verified and confirmed, your order will be processed for shipment in the time specified, from the date of confirmation. You will be required to make a cash-only payment to our courier partner at the time of delivery of your order to complete the payment.
Terms & Conditions:
|30 days from delivery||Damaged, Defective, Item not as described||Replacement|
|30 days from delivery||Exchange for colors and size, Does not fit||Exchange|
|10 days from delivery||Damaged, Item not as described||Replacement|
|Actor||Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Noomi Rapace, Jared Harris, Eddie Marsan, Stephen Fry, Gilles Lellouche|
|Title||Sherlock Holmes A Game Of Shadows|
|Manufacturer||Sony DADC Home Entertainment|
|Video Encoding||Region 5|
|Number Of Discs||1|
The director had taken all of us for a ride, but WHAT a ride it was! To those discerning viewers who might come to this movie after watching the Granada series (immortalised by the late-great Jeremy Brett), I would like to mention a few words of caution: -
1) RDJ's (and Guy Ritchie's) Holmes, as well as the other characters share only the names (and to some extent the setting) created by Sir ACD. This movie is an entirely different TAKE on that universe.
2) If you can accept the movie for what it is and proclaims to be: an American blockbuster, then that would greatly reduce the probabilites of severe migraine. You may eventually end up watching the movie with popcorn and coke.
3) Don't feel aghast at the treatment meted out to Mycroft. He wouldn't have minded such "mild" eccentricities.
And now about the serious stuff (as if there are any!), which I would also like to summarise as under: -
1. Jude Law excels as Dr Watson, and I agree with many others in affirming his position among top 5 Watson-s of all time.
2. Moriarty-Holmes showdown should have been more cerebral for the sake of entertainment alone, because the climatic fistfight (all right, potential fistfight!) is simply improbable.
3. Yes, the movie reinvented the Reichenbach falls and created the allure of sequel rather outrageously, but I really wouldn't mind knowing when that 3rd movie of the "saga" (?) would release.
Have fun, a few laughs, and popcorn. For the serious Sherlockian (or Holmesian), the BBC series IS the truth that is out there. Recommended.
The character of Prof Moriarity(Jared Harris - brilliant!) is always portrayed as Sherlock Holmes' Arch Nemesis, but the plot is surprisingly a little hollow and barely affords a few confrontations. Jude Law and Robert Downey continue their "Odd Couple" exploits smashingly well and the performances of the three main characters makes the movie watchable.
The HD Transfer is outstanding. Expected this movie to also follow the aspect ratio of 1:85:1 (as the 2009 movie), but it is a 2:40:1 widescreen transfer. Personally i prefer a High Def movie filling up my screen!
The Audio is terrific. Yes - You do need the subtitles to follow some of Downey's muttering:)