Add Another Item
Add Another Item
Add Another Item
Add Another Item
Q. What is the service type ?
A. Customer needs to carry the product to the nearby Authorized Service Center to get the product repaired or inspected.
Q. What is the type of Warranty ?
A. Within warranty period, Sony India Authorized Service Centers will repair or replace any defective part, if required, to rectify the problem.
Q. What is covered in Warranty ?
A. Warranty of the product is limited to only manufacturing defect on camera body.
Q. What is not covered in Warranty ?
A. Warranty shall not cover any damage resulting from adaptations or adjustments which may be made to the product. Warranty will not apply if the ...more type or serial no. on the product has been altered, removed or defaced. Warranty does not extend to cabinets, knobs, labels, or any accessories. Warranty does not cover the risk to the product caused by accident, lightening, water, fire, other acts of God, improper ventilation, dropping or excessive shock or any external cause beyond Sonys control. less
|30 days from delivery||Damaged, Defective, Item not as described||Replacement|
|30 days from delivery||Exchange for colors and size, Does not fit||Exchange|
|10 days from delivery||Damaged, Item not as described||Replacement|
This point and shoot camera can take 3D images and supports 3D Sweep Panorama and Intelligent Sweep Panorama modes. The inbuilt GPS receiver and compass in the camera record the location and direction of every picture.
BodyThe camera weighs 178 g and has dimension of 101.6 x 57.6 x 28.6 mm. The 3-inch XtraFine LCD display has resolution of 921,600 dot pixels. This Sony camera supports various memory sticks such as Duo, PRO Duo, PRO Duo (High Speed), PRO-HG Duo and memory cards such as SD, SDHC and SDXC. The Lithium ION Battery NP-BG1 can take 300 shots or record 150 mins of video.
PerformanceThis point and shoot digital camera comes with Sony G Lens with focal length of 4.25 - 42.5 mm and Aperture range of F3.5 - F8.0. The camera has 10x Optical Zoom and 40x Digital Zoom. The TTL contrast detection Auto Focus has 9 focusing points. In Automatic mode the camera has Auto Focus range of 5 cm wide and 100 cm tele.
This Sony Cyber-shot camera has Auto ISO sensitivity ranging from ISO 125 - 3200. The DSC-HX7V has Auto Shutter speed of 1 - 1/1,600 and Manual Shutter speed of 30 - 1/1600. The built-in Flash has range of 0.05 - 4.8 m (Wide) and 1.0 - 3.1 m (Tele).
Features and ConnectivityThe digital camera has various scene modes such as Advanced Sports Shooting, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Landscape, Soft Snap, Snow, Beach, Fireworks, High Sensitivity, Gourmet, Pet and Soft Skin. This point and shoot camera has Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, Motion Detection and Face Motion Detection technology to reduce the camera blur.
This Sony camera also has additional features such as Smile Shutter technology, Face Detection technology (up to 8 faces), TransferJet technology, Background Defocus and Anti-blink function. The self-timer can be kept at a duration of 2 or 10 secs. The camera can shoot up to 10 pictures at 10 fps in Continuous Shot mode.
The Sony DSC-HX7V can record Full HD videos at 1920 x 1080 resolution - 60 fps. The camera can record video in AVCHD and MPEG 4 formats. Images can be captured in Normal JPEG, Hi-Speed Burst JPEG and Bracketing JPEG. The connectivity options in this camera include USB 2.0 and HDMI Output.
|IN THE BOX|
|Sales Package||Battery, USB Charger, USB Cable, Power Cord, Wrist Strap, Application Software|
|Weight||178 g (Camera Body only), 208 g (with Battery and Memory Card)|
|Dimensions||101.6 (W) x 57.6 (H) x 28.6 (D) mm|
|Optical Sensor Resolution (in MegaPixel)||16.2 Megapixels|
|LCD Display||XtraFine LCD|
|LCD Screen Size||3 inch|
|Image Display Resolution||921,600 dots|
|Supported Aspect Ratio||4:3, 3:2, 16:9|
|Sensor Type||Exmor R CMOS|
|Sensor Size||1/2.3 inch|
|Auto Focus||iAuto (W: Approx. 5cm to Infinity, T: Approx. 100cm to Infinity)|
|Lens Type||Sony G Lens|
|Focal Length||4.25 - 42.5mm (25 - 250mm)|
|Battery Type||Li-ion Battery|
|USB Cable||Hi-speed USB 2.0|
|Media and Software|
|Memory Card Type||SD / SDHC / SDXC / Stick Duo / Stick PRO Duo / Stick PRO Duo (High Speed) / Stick PRO-HG Duo|
|Image Sizing||4608 x 3456 (16 M)|
|Video Format||AVCHD / MPEG4|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Flash On, Flash Off, Slow Synchro|
|Flash Range||0.05 - 4.8 m (W), 1.0 - 3.1 m (T) (ISO3200)|
|Built in Flash||Yes|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||iAuto (2(5.08cm) - 1/1,600) / Program Auto (1(2.54cm) - 1/1,600) / Manual(30(76.2cm)-1/1600)|
|ISO Rating||Auto / 125 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200|
|Self Timer||Yes, 2 and 10 sec|
|Metering||Multi-Pattern / Center Weighted / Spot|
|Red Eye Reduction||Yes|
|Picture Angle||25 mm wide angle|
|Continuous Shots||Yes, 10 fps|
|White Balancing||Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Fluorescent / Incandescent / Flash / One Push, One Push Set|
|Aperture Range||iAuto (F3.5 - F8.0) / Program Auto (F3.5 - F8.0) / Manual (F3.5 - F8.0)|
|3 year Sony India Warranty and Free Transit Insurance.|
Suberb Camera.Especially video recording for a point and shoot camera is just awesome.Picture quality is also extremely good and upto the expectations.
Very happy with accessories as well besides charger and usb cable also got a 1.5m hdmi cable.Free camera case and memory card are also sony original.
Without much introduction apart from I have been using this camera for nearly two weeks, I will start my review straight from pros and cons.
1. Real sharp, clear and natural images with Sony G sensor. Even at night, images are as good as in daylight. Exmor R CMOS Sensor really helps here. Noise is virtually absent and details are fine. Flash is very powerful as well. No problem with imaging at all!
2. Excellent image stabilization even at 10x optical zoom. No blurry images as Steady shot technique reduces shaking effect a lot.
3. Believe me, Full HD video shooting is as clear and sharp as you see by your eyes in proper lighting condition.
4. It has 3D image capture ability and also 3D sweep panorama mode. Though I couldn't check 3D output as it needs 3D rendering display such as 3D TV. Many website reviews quoted 3D viewing is really good on 3D TV and laptop screens.
5. Sweep Panorama is awesome. Better than assist panorama modes found in Canon and Nikon P&S cameras.
6. It has got GPS and digital compass. GPS assist when you connect camera to PC having internet makes sure you get satellite lock quickly in future shots.
7. Intelligent auto mode is really intelligent as it selects best predefined mode or combination of modes according to environment. Switching between proper modes is really accurate and fast. Great for amateurs.
8. Program and manual mode for advanced users. Well manual mode is not like in DSLR cameras but you still can adjust ISO, shutter speed, aperture, white balancing, metering etc. Its more than enough for most of people.
9. There are 32 predefined modes and combinations in total for those who don't really like manual tuning. Its much more than average 20 modes in Canon and Nikon P&S cameras.
10. Feature packed yet compact and light weight. Really feels handy and sturdy. Single hand operation is comfortable. Looks are attractive as well.
11. Battery backup is excellent. Can last full day with 80-90 shots, moderate videos and viewing on camera display. About display, its bright and sharp with much higher resolution than most of the P&S cameras available in market
1. Video shooting in low light is average, even in Full HD modes. I felt like Exmor R CMOS Sensor is of no use here in video mode.
2. Zoom button sometimes take little time to function especially when viewing and you want digital zoom.
4. No full manual controls as in high end cameras though one shouldn't expect it in P&S.
3. Interface is somewhat confusing. It took time to get used to with it. But not really a issue once you get used to it. Position of one touch video recording button is not proper. It is at too left side.
4. Not really a cone, but image processing is set to sharp and natural colors by default as in most cameras. Its good for majority of us but there are still few people who like more saturated colors and soft tones to images. They are left with no option but to process images later in other software like photoshop. Sony provides PMB software CD along with camera for basic editing tools and of course viewing.
5. Again not really a con but point to be noted that 3D is only possible in still images and panorama as 3D video shooting requires multiple cameras to create real depth effects in motion.
Overall it is a great and must have point and shoot camera if you love photography and can't afford DSLR or want something compact, easy to carry without compromising much on quality. Imaging capabilities of this camera are just great. Videos in low light is setback. This camera is great treat to moderate users who like to experiment through vast predefined modes and basic manual controls.
Full HD, 3D, GPS with digital compass, Sweep panorama are nice additions along with 16.2 MP resolution lens, 10x optical zoom, large and bright display, sturdy build quality, HDMI cable in box. All these making Sony CyberShot DSC-HX7V a great value for money product in its class. Final choice is yours!
Considering almost negligible cons, price of product and as it is still a P&S camera and not SLR, I would definitely rate it 5 out of 5.
I really hope this review helps potential buyers out there!
I have been using this since 3 months. The flipkart delivery was fast. The features I consider important :-
1) Video quality is just excellent. No more questions.
2) Daylight snapshots are very good. Similarly ambient light snapshots are also very natural.
3) Flash is very bright and spoils most details if used in close range.
4) Low light shots are just bad and images look doctored (reddish tinge).
5) There can't be a better panorama. I actually purchased the digicam for the panorama.
6) Very easy to use. Even my mother uses it with good results. There are modes for easy and advanced users and users in between. It simply reduces the learning curve.
7) Be careful with accessories. I purchased an extra battery FG1 from open market which the the cam rejected outright.
8) HDMI output is a great addition. I can plug in my TV directly.
This is one of the best camera in its category in P&S category. Reviews and product information provided in Flipcart helped me to make a choice. Thanks Flipcart. This model has CMOS sensor which helps in clarity of images in low illuminated scenes (one of its benefits). Panaroma view is just amazing. Photo clarity in normal and zoom is wonderful. Full HD video recording helps you to avoid or postponing the purchase of a Video camera.
It definitely ignite creativity in you.
In P&S category Sony cybershot is the leader. In SLR catgory we have Nikon and Canon.
Go for Sony-Value for Money
Sony has done it yet again. The 16.2 MP point and shoot from sony has struck all the correct notes and even more. For an average user the cam is packed with features, full HD recording, multiple scene selection for the exact calibrated shoot, 3D(still most people may not even bother with it), sweep panorama(max res of 40+MP!), GPS for geo-tagging, 10fps bust shoot mode and a awesome picture quality.
well at higher iso settings(1600-3200) the image suffers from noise. The cam tends to smoothen the pictures a bit too much so you tend to loose the finer details in the frame. 3D well it still hasn't caught up with the normal indian buyer so that down the drain as well.
Excellent pic quality for a point and shoot.
Fast in focus, Though the hx9v is a bit faster.
Great for a beginners who are looking to go professional.
You can check out the completion faced by this cam.
Canon PowerShot SX220 HS
Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR
Nikon Coolpix S9100
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V
5 star.... all urs sony DSC HX7V best function
extra ordinary display with wide screen
I had got this camera way back on 4th january this year.After using it thought of giving some insight to the viewers of this ca...Read More
This is best in its segment of point and shoot !!!
Whether it comes to features or portability ...it
great picture quality, very strong flash, clear pictures even in the dark, full hd recording is an added advantage, battery bac...Read More
I bought this camera for my father, who is familiar with the old age cameras. But the usage software is so easy that he picked...Read More