|30 days from delivery||Damaged, Defective, Item not as described||Replacement|
|30 days from delivery||Exchange for colors and size, Does not fit||Exchange|
|10 days from delivery||Damaged, Item not as described||Replacement|
About the Author
Vinod K. Singhania got his Ph.D. from the Delhi School of Economics in 1976. His fields of special interest include all facets of corporate legislation and corporate economics especially the tax laws. Associated in different capacities with several professional institutes and business houses in India and abroad, Dr. Singhania is author of many popular books and software published by Taxmann. He has to his credit more than 300 research articles which have appeared in leading journals. He has been a resource person in over 600 seminars in India and abroad.
Monica Singhania is Reader, Faculty of Management Studies,University of Delhi. She is a post-graduate from Delhi School of Economics and a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. She has the distinction of being placed in the merit list the Univesity examinations conducted by both the University as well as the Institute. She has been awarded Ph.D. in the area of corporate taxation from the University of Delhi. She is the author of 7 books on direct tax laws and several research papers which have been published in leading journals.
Table of Contents
1. Basic concept that one must know
2. Residential status and its effect on tax incidence
3. Income that is exempt from tax
4. Income under the head “Salaries” and its computation
5. Income under the head “Income from house property”
6. Income under the head “Profits and gains of business or profession” and its computation
7. Income under the head "capital gains” and its computation
8. Income under the head “Income from other sources” and its computation
9. Clubbing of income
10. Set off and carry forward of losses
11. Permissible deductions from gross total income
12. Meaning of agricultural income and its tax treatment
13. Individuals – computation of taxable income
14. Hindu undivided families
15. Firms and AOP
16. Return of income
17. Advance payment of tax
18. Tax Deduction and collection at source
19. Interest payable
20. Service tax
21. Value Added Tax (VAT)
Appendix 1 - Tax rate
|Publisher||Taxmann Allied Services Pvt. Ltd.|
|Number of Pages||472 Pages|
|Weight||500 GMS g|
A great book. Organised explanations with examples, simpler language and better presentation as compared to ICSI textbook.
The Students Guide to Income Tax (Problems and Solutions) by the same authors compliment this book as it has various solved problems related to the same. I would recommend to purchase the Problems and Solutions book as well if u have to clear all your nitty-gritty doubts. Else, this book will suffice all your needs if its a book for income tax you are looking for.
Its a good book comprising all kind of problems along with solution in a concise and lucid manner. With lots of problems and solution the book surely succeed to the expectation of students. Thanks to flipkart.com for making availability of the book.