Track using Order ID
Login and do more!
- Track individual Orders
- View your entire Order history
- Cancel individual Orders
- Conveniently review products and sellers
I had ordered a Tamaron lens under order ID OD31217004365, under "Guarantee delivery in a day" scheme. Unfortunately till the last moment ( 6 pm) customer care kept saying you will get it today sir. But finally at 7.15 i was told you will not get it today and you can cancel the order, if you want ( kind of we don't care).
Now what this has done that neither i get the lens from Flipkart as promised, nor i can buy it from outside, when i had paid extra with delivery.
This is simply pathetic. You guys had received the product 1 day before the promised delivery date, and it took entire day to deliver you.
I bought this lense for my Nikon D90, I am not quite happy with this as it do not has VR,but it is already mentioned in the product description, so its my bad.
with trypod, it gives to 80 to 85% of Nikor lens quality, which is much more in cost.
so if you want to use the lense at 200 to 300 mm pl check in person before you make a choice to buy.
Firstly - Great Job Flipkart, delivery just in 2 days was superb.
I just got the lens. and these are my preliminary comments:
- It feels a bit bulky. Ive never used a personal 300mm (thou i had a 200mm) so may be this is just the way it is for 300mms.
- The zoom ring is a bit on the rougher side. Its not real greased, thou this is not an issue i feel.
- The auto focus is a bit noisy, for all those who have used a Nikon yes it is.So people (i read reviews before i bought it) who didnt find it noisy. The fact is "It is Noisy".
- Low light (indoor). the auto focus takes some time. Which is a concern actually, since over time it will get worse.
- VR not there, so if u used a Nikon (ok i didnt mention above i had a Nikon 55-200 VR), considering the other factor being the weight of this tammy, its gonna shake a bit. But ive just used it indoors for now and yes with some quality time spent together (with tammy), i think we will work it out.
So this is a first hand review. I hope Flikpart has an edit review option, guess i saw i somewhere (if not please add one), which i will use after a better look at my new buddy here. For now its 3 stars.
Cheers, Enjoy the "Click Click"
I own a Nikon D5100. After lot of research on internet and consulting with photographers, I went for it.
I got this within 2 days of placing order. Kudos to flipkart for that.
This lens is far more better than my expectation. The sharpness and clarity obtained is too good.
The problem you will face is while shooting in low light. It takes time to focus on object, but then you can go for manual focus.
People complain about its sound also, but I didn't find it that annoying because you generally focus on subject rather than sound.
Better to carry a tripod with you as at larger foal lengths, image may become blurry.
If you are new to photography, don't want to invest a huge amount, GO FOR IT!!
Its worth your money. :)
I bought this lens because of my need to get a telephoto zoom lens for nature photography. I was unwilling to spend more than 10k for now and finally picked this one.
Pros: Quite cheap for a lens with auto-focus motor and 70-300mm focal length, macro mode helps take close up pics.
Cons: Rotating dials for zooming and manual focus are rough; build is slightly below the mark; chromatic abberations visible at 300mm above 800 ISO; a bit heavy; NO image stabilization.
Although, I have taken a few pics without a tripod at 800 ISO with my Nikon D3200 (300mm, f5.6 1/200 sec) and there is no vislble blurring unless the image is zoomed to a 2:1 ratio.
Order to delivery time of 1 day!! Fabulous indeed. Love this service.
The lens itself is very good. I'll try and summarize as well as I can-
1. Specs- on DX Cameras, the zoom is actually 105-450mm (as DX cameras equate to 1.5x FX camera lens' focal lengths)
2. Performance- some reviews mentioned slow focussing in low light. I didn't find any such problem. The lens functions very well in low light. The only caveat is when you suddenly switch from a far subject to a near subject, or vice versa. There is a sudden failure to focus, because the camera tries to fine-tune focus by slowly adjusting the distance. Fastest way out of this is to switch from AF to MF, twist the focus ring and switch back to AF. It works like a charm everytime.
3. Macro- this works only between 180-300mm, and at short distances (visually- when the zoom and focus rings are in the macro zone- marked in both rings by a golden ring). So don't try t force the switch otherwise. Similarly, the switch does not move back to normal when Zoom and Focus rings are in the golden ring so to say. You need to refocus out of the macro zone, to get back to normal. This is the one bit that I have found fidgety.
4. Clarity- absolutely stunning. Excellent clarity, superb contrast, very good background defocus in portraits.
5. AF- reasonably quick in low contrast areas, and very fast in bright areas (just take care when switching between near subjects and far ones).
6. MF- it is very fast to focus manually, the ring is broad, with good feel.
7. Finish- it is finished good, with the switches being the only flimsy feeling items (you won't use them a lot anyway). Zoom ring seems tight a little, but smooths out in a day or two.
At this price, it's unbeatable. Go for it without hesitating. And Flipkart has the best deal this time.