Movie DVDs - Shop for Rs 900 get 5% off, 10% off on Rs 1,800
All items that have the "Cash on Delivery Available" icon are valid for order by Cash on Delivery.
Add the item(s) to your cart and proceed to checkout. When prompted to choose a payment option, select "Pay By Cash on Delivery". Enter the CAPTCHA text as shown, for validation.
Once verified and confirmed, your order will be processed for shipment in the time specified, from the date of confirmation. You will be required to make a cash-only payment to our courier partner at the time of delivery of your order to complete the payment.
Terms & Conditions:
|30 days from delivery||Damaged, Defective, Item not as described||Replacement|
|30 days from delivery||Exchange for colors and size, Does not fit||Exchange|
|10 days from delivery||Damaged, Item not as described||Replacement|
|Actor||Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, James Caan|
|Producer||Francis Ford Copolla|
|Edition||Commentary by Francis Ford Coppola, Collector's Edition|
|Manufacturer||Reliance Home Video|
If movies were religion, Godfather would be its holy temple. I just now finished watching this epic. Hundreds, if not thousands of movies, all over the world have borrowed ideas, scences, plot, sequences from this legendary drama but none can even come close to it.
I was glued to the screen from start to finish. What pace, what script, what acting, what music. There is NOTHING else... which one can think of or do when watching this movie except feel the emotion, the strength, the turmoil the drama of the Corleone family. It is so convincing, so real that one starts believing that it is a biopic.
How can a maker ever know how perfectly balanced his movie will be? He can not. Francis Ford Copola made many movies after this BUT nothing compares with this bravura performance of light, camera and action.
He made this world an offer which it still is eagerly and hungrily accepting.
Rating - 10/5
Few years back The Godfather used to be ranked as the No. 1 movie at IMDb until being unspured by Citizen Kane and later by The Shawshank Redemption. Presently its ranked #2.
There are several reasons why The Godfather is one of the best movies made till date. Instead of writing a whole para I thought of jotting down the pros and cons (sorry there are none) :
1) Based on the great novel by Mario Puzo. Religious follows the storyline of the novel except for few non essential details.
2) The very first movie which provided the audience with whats, whys and hows of the insides of a mafia family.
3) Family ties are supposed to be the strongest bond but never side with the enemy. Al Pacino (Micheal) mentions this towards the end.
4) The movie which gave Hollywood and the rest of the world the famous quote "I will make them an offer they can't refuse"
5) You first sympathise with the actions of the mafia and then slowly and gradually you strongly get to believe and justify their actions.
6) The Godfather spawned a series of mafia type movie viz. The Untouchables, The Goodfellas and Public Enemies.
7) The cinematography and the brilliant background music.
8) Micheal's coolness through trying times.
9) Makes you almost feel that you should be a mafia boss.
10) This may not matter much but this is probably the only time in the history of movie making where the girl drops her top and the hero doesn't even look at her rack. The scene is from Micheal's wedding night post marriage to the Italian belle.
11) And finally the greatest scene of the greatest movie ever made - The Baptism scene towards the end where Micheal becomes the Godfather of his sister's son while his henchmen eliminate all the rival mafia honchos.
12) The brilliant cast of Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, James Caan and Rober Duvall.
13) Last but not the least the great director Francis Ford Copolla.
The Godfather is simply one of the best movies ever made.
This is not a movie to be only watched on TV or rented. You simply got to have a VCD/DVD/BlueRay of The Godfather in your movie collection.
This has to be the greatest mob crime drama ever . Even though it's old ,it may be the greatest timeless classic just behind Citizen Kane . This is a brilliant piece of art which is not only an all out entertainer like The Untouchables ,but it is also a brilliant art film like Raging Bull,a stylistic yet raw potrayal of the mob with movies like Once Upon A Time In America (229 minute version ) and Goodfellas and finally a masterpiece of its kind with a film like Pulp Fiction . People who don't like unpleasant movies or too much of violence will still appreciate this movie to a large extent because of the sympathy for the characters and the pity for them . The screenplay is great,the cinematography is dark and beautiful ,the costumes are effective,the direction is utterly brilliant and the ominous ,dark and hypnotic score by Niño Rota is a masterpiece of music and is utterly haunting . The first time it plays at at a black screen and then the movies title appear ,this is when you know that this a dark and highly gripping entertainment to be seen and appreciated . Who could forget the acting ? Marlon Brando gives a landmark ,understated and bravura pefomance as Don Vito Corleone . This has to be the most effective pefomance on screen and every time you watch him you learn something new about the character .You easily sympathize with the character despite his ruthlessness a job only great films like Taxi Driver have come in close contact with . Al Pacino gives one of his most suble pefomance and he plays it charmingly ,coolly and with a perfect undertone of ruthlessness . Still despite this one of his very first movies, he remains under the shadow of Brando while almost equalling him . The supporting is also brilliant . Tension is brilliantly interweaved and almost everybody on earth would like Godfather . Who could forget the powerful and most engrossing first scene with the undertakers story.
i don't think any other movie will be any better than this. addictive performance by morlon brando and al pacino! acting standards of other actors is also great. you got to watch it 50 times to enjoy the real addiction. it's a movie offered you cant refuse to watch!
Its one of my favourate movie of all times,Strongest in the trilogy,hav seen more than 50 times,,you will fall in love with the italian style.Brando gave the best performance....and yes,374 bucks is the offer "you Can't refuse"... buy ASAP