All items that have the "Cash on Delivery Available" icon are valid for order by Cash on Delivery.
Add the item(s) to your cart and proceed to checkout. When prompted to choose a payment option, select "Pay By Cash on Delivery". Enter the CAPTCHA text as shown, for validation.
Once verified and confirmed, your order will be processed for shipment in the time specified, from the date of confirmation. You will be required to make a cash-only payment to our courier partner at the time of delivery of your order to complete the payment.
Terms & Conditions:
|30 days from delivery||Damaged, Defective, Item not as described||Replacement|
|30 days from delivery||Exchange for colors and size, Does not fit||Exchange|
|10 days from delivery||Damaged, Item not as described||Replacement|
The Secret of The Nagas is the second book in the Shiva trilogy, and is a sequel to The Immortals of Meluha.
Summary Of The Book
In The Immortals of Meluha, Shiva is introduced as a tribal warrior from Tibet who is destined to be the savior of the Meluhans from their enemies. The Meluhans had heard a prophecy stating that a warrior from an alien land would come to save them in their hour of crisis. The Meluhans, who are Suryavanshis, are besieged by the Chandravanshis and their allies, the Nagas. Shiva agrees to lead the Meluhans against their enemies. He has also fallen in love with Sati, the beautiful princess of Meluha and is now married to her.
The first book ends with Shiva observing a Naga who is stalking Sati. In The Secret of The Nagas, Shiva, who has chased the Naga away is looking for clues to his identity. He finds a few coins left behind by the Naga, and discovers the coins belong to the land of the Brangas. So Shiva, Sati, and a retinue of their followers travel to Kashi, where there is a community of Brangas. They want to learn from these people any information they could give on the Nagas.
Shiva learns about the reason behind the alliance of the Brangas and Nagas and decides to travel to Branga by ship. Sati remains at Kashi to oversee the problems of the community there. As The Secret Of The Nagas proceeds, both Shiva and Sati, separately, discover many startling secrets that have profound effects on their lives. The revealed secrets affect their relationships with those around them, and eventually, when they meet, it also affects their relationship with each other.
The book has been very successful and has sold more than 175,000 copies.
About Amish Tripathi
Amish Tripathi is an author who previously worked in the banking sector. Some other books by Tripathi are The Immortals of Meluha and The Oath of The Vayuputras. Amish Tripathi was born in Varanasi in 1974. He is a graduate of the Indian Institute of Management and was in the banking and finance industry for around fourteen years. He has worked for organizations like IDBI, DBS Bank, and Standard Chartered Bank. When his first book, The Immortals of Meluha, became a bestseller, he began to concentrate on writing full time. The second book, The Secret of The Nagas, came out in 2011, and the final book of the trilogy came out in February 2013. Amish Tripathi has sold the movie rights of The Immortals of Meluha to Dharma Productions.
|Number of Pages||414 Pages|
1. According to this book, Lord RAM is well before the time of the arrival of Lord Shiva or Neelkanth. If that is the case, how did Lord Ram perform poojas to Lord Shiva in Rameshwaram which is described in detail in RAMAYANA? May be that was a different Lord Shiva in scriptures, with a different Goddess Shakthi with a different Ganapati and different Karthick as sons.
2. Lord Shiva is documented in the scriptures as a god possessing qualities of high meditation and is third eye in the forehead is the wisdom eye. There is also a documened story in the scriptures that say he burnt the ANGELS OF KAMA for disturbing his meditation. Will such an highly meditative mind seek solace or peace in marijuana as is described so often in this book? There are hearsay stories about Lord smoking marijuana by certain sections of people who use the Lord as a cover for their addictions and nothing more than that. THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO SCRIPTURAL REFERENCE TO LORD SHIVA SMOKING. May be that was a different Lord Shiva in scriptures.
3. In Immortals of Meluha - THE ORACLE FORETELLS THE ARRIVAL OF NEELKANTH - THE NEELKANTH ARRIVES BUT HE IS FILLED WITH DOUBTS ABOUT HIS ABILITIES AND HIS PASSAGE BEGINS WITH STRUGGLES AND FIGHTS FROM AGENTS OF THE KINGDOM OF NAGAS. THE STORY IS FAMILIAR AND REMINISCENT OF NEO AND MATRIX.
4. In THe Secret of Nagas - THE LORD OF PEOPLE OR GANESH AND QUEEN OF NAGAS or KALI have mutations in the body that makes them look paranormal for which the society is afraid of them and cannot accept them but it helps them to perform things unimaginable to normal human beings. REMINISCENT OF A WHOLE LOT OF POPULAR HOLLYWOOD MOVIES like XMEN, Wolverine etc etc.
5. BOOK IS ENTERTAINING. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT FOR CASUAL READING BUT IT IS A FIGMENT OF IMAGINATION AND NON FACTUAL LIKE DAVINCI CODE. IF YOU WANT SCRIPTURE LESSONS THEN THIS BOOK IS INADEQUATE. BUT IT IS DEFINITELY ENTERTAINING.
6. THE BOOK IS WRITTEN BY A VERY EMINENT PERSON, EDITED BY EXPERTS AND ENDORSED BY EQUALLY EMINENT SCHOLARS. NEITHER DO I MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO BELITTLE THEM NOR DO I CLAIM TO BE AN EXPERT. I JUST SAY THE DISCREPANCIES.
7. HOWEVER BOOK IS DEFINITELY VERY THRILLING AND A GOOD TIMEPASS. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO BUY as fiction.
Now what kind of a statement is that? You know die hard is full of nonsense action, punch lines, action scenes that look too easy. This book is like that. A very nice base (A man who became Mahadev), good vs evil and a very nice concept that says 'evil is in the eye of beholder'. Like die hard it keeps you engaged till the end. Like die hard you know when the portions are obvious masala and un realistic. You know when punch lines like Yippe kay yay are going to be said. Thats how Meluha is.. brilliantly engaging, too americanised(read too many slangs), lacking in creativity (a missed opportunity of dreaming up a Hogwarts or middle earth), too modern to be 1900 BC, has all essential ingredients (read love, bravery, bonding, social justice, epic battles, discovering self et al). You'll enjoy this, but you'll definitely not keep this anywhere in your top 50 or even 100 fav books list.
The Immortals of Meluha was sheer magic....kept me spell bound and it was very fascinating to know our history in such a wonderful manner ....
looking forward for the Secret of the nagas...and by the buzz goin around...it seems to b quite interesting...
all the best amish :)
P.S - I have already placed a pre-order :)
Very enthralling book, good to have one in your shelf. I am not a voracious reader but still this book glued me to it until I finished it. Gives lot of dimensions in your spiritual insight. Though one may argue about the plot and story line or say it is the story book for children .. so be it Man ! Nice Job Amish
As good as it can be. Love reading this kind of epic.
My top pics in character based novel -
Immortal of Meluha/Secret of nagas
Maverick heart between love and life
I love something which is based on character. Character is building block of any story. Plots, dialogue and other in story become filler then. We can associated or think something like brand name - when Amitabh is on screen - certain things and quality are expected out of him. His screen presence will matter - does not matter how messy at a times plot could be.
Same thing happen when you have a story based on well defined character. You will expect - tough decisions and reaction as per his attitude and viewpoint will come out. But char building is not so easy. painfully you have to build series of events and plot - which will define the basic feature of this man.
Karan Johar has already rights for Immortal of Meluha, let us see who is going to grab this one? I am waiting for screen version of these epic.
I was so fascinated by Siva char - I forgot the other elements like narration and smooth language.
Other books which are character based - Papillon (an autobiography of a french man - tried escaping from prison 13th time and finally succeeded.). You need to read and see how char plays important role in determination to live free life at any cost, at cost of even your life.
Another One - Godfather - We remember when God father speaks - it is not just dialogues coming out of his mouth but personality of man gets define based on those words.
My top pics in char based novel -
Immortal of Meluha/Secret of nagas
Maverick heart between love and life
The last one is by first timer. But you will love for its meaningful and brilliant dialogue and character based driven plots.
Indian writing is coming to a new age.
A work of fiction that has been researched and kept in line with mythology and legend but also has surprising twists and turns....Read More
Hmm... well thought of plot. Personally I liked conversations between Shiva and Vasudevas. Few plots in the novel are not requi...Read More
Once again FLIPKART impressed with prompt delivery !!
Quite a mysterious book. Initial pages may be a bit boring. But the...
this book's first 10-15 pages are just a lot boring........but, after that it takes a sudden grip ........ large number of secr...Read More