All items that have the "Cash on Delivery Available" icon are valid for order by Cash on Delivery.
Add the item(s) to your cart and proceed to checkout. When prompted to choose a payment option, select "Pay By Cash on Delivery". Enter the CAPTCHA text as shown, for validation.
Once verified and confirmed, your order will be processed for shipment in the time specified, from the date of confirmation. You will be required to make a cash-only payment to our courier partner at the time of delivery of your order to complete the payment.
Terms & Conditions:
|30 days from delivery||Damaged, Defective, Item not as described||Replacement|
|30 days from delivery||Exchange for colors and size, Does not fit||Exchange|
|10 days from delivery||Damaged, Item not as described||Replacement|
Now coming in new format, The old format is discontinued.
Today, He is a God.
4000 years ago, He was just a man.
The hunt is on. The sinister Naga warrior has killed his friend Brahaspati and now stalks his wife Sati. Shiva, the Tibetan immigrant who is the prophesied destroyer of evil, will not rest till he finds his demonic adversary. His vengeance and the path to evil will lead him to the door of the Nagas, the serpent people. Of that he is certain.
The evidence of the malevolent rise of evil is everywhere. A kingdom is dying as it is held to ransom for a miracle drug. A crown prince is murdered. The Vasudevs – Shiva’s philosopher guides – betray his unquestioning faith as they take the aid of the dark side. Even the perfect empire, Meluha is riddled with a terrible secret in Maika, the city of births. Unknown to Shiva, a master puppeteer is playing a grand game.
In a journey that will take him across the length and breadth of ancient India, Shiva searches for the truth in a land of deadly mysteries – only to find that nothing is what it seems.
Fierce battles will be fought. Surprising alliances will be forged. Unbelievable secrets will be revealed in this second book of the Shiva Trilogy, the sequel to the #1 national bestseller, The Immortals of Meluha.
About the Author
Amish Tripathi is a 36-year-old, IIM (Kolkata) educated boring banker turned happy author. The success of his debut book, The Immortals of Meluha (Book 1 of the Shiva Trilogy), encouraged him to give up a fourteen year old career in financial services to focus on writing. He is passionate about history, mythology and philosophy. He believes there is beauty and meaning in all world cultures and religions. The Secret of the Nagas is the second book of the Shiva Trilogy.
Amish lives in Mumbai with his wife Preeti and son Neel. He is presently working on the third book of the Shiva Trilogy, The Oath of the Vayuputras.
|Number of Pages||414 Pages|
Customers Who Bought This Book Also Bought
1. According to this book, Lord RAM is well before the time of the arrival of Lord Shiva or Neelkanth. If that is the case, how did Lord Ram perform poojas to Lord Shiva in Rameshwaram which is described in detail in RAMAYANA? May be that was a different Lord Shiva in scriptures, with a different Goddess Shakthi with a different Ganapati and different Karthick as sons.
2. Lord Shiva is documented in the scriptures as a god possessing qualities of high meditation and is third eye in the forehead is the wisdom eye. There is also a documened story in the scriptures that say he burnt the ANGELS OF KAMA for disturbing his meditation. Will such an highly meditative mind seek solace or peace in marijuana as is described so often in this book? There are hearsay stories about Lord smoking marijuana by certain sections of people who use the Lord as a cover for their addictions and nothing more than that. THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO SCRIPTURAL REFERENCE TO LORD SHIVA SMOKING. May be that was a different Lord Shiva in scriptures.
3. In Immortals of Meluha - THE ORACLE FORETELLS THE ARRIVAL OF NEELKANTH - THE NEELKANTH ARRIVES BUT HE IS FILLED WITH DOUBTS ABOUT HIS ABILITIES AND HIS PASSAGE BEGINS WITH STRUGGLES AND FIGHTS FROM AGENTS OF THE KINGDOM OF NAGAS. THE STORY IS FAMILIAR AND REMINISCENT OF NEO AND MATRIX.
4. In THe Secret of Nagas - THE LORD OF PEOPLE OR GANESH AND QUEEN OF NAGAS or KALI have mutations in the body that makes them look paranormal for which the society is afraid of them and cannot accept them but it helps them to perform things unimaginable to normal human beings. REMINISCENT OF A WHOLE LOT OF POPULAR HOLLYWOOD MOVIES like XMEN, Wolverine etc etc.
5. BOOK IS ENTERTAINING. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT FOR CASUAL READING BUT IT IS A FIGMENT OF IMAGINATION AND NON FACTUAL LIKE DAVINCI CODE. IF YOU WANT SCRIPTURE LESSONS THEN THIS BOOK IS INADEQUATE. BUT IT IS DEFINITELY ENTERTAINING.
6. THE BOOK IS WRITTEN BY A VERY EMINENT PERSON, EDITED BY EXPERTS AND ENDORSED BY EQUALLY EMINENT SCHOLARS. NEITHER DO I MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO BELITTLE THEM NOR DO I CLAIM TO BE AN EXPERT. I JUST SAY THE DISCREPANCIES.
7. HOWEVER BOOK IS DEFINITELY VERY THRILLING AND A GOOD TIMEPASS. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO BUY as fiction.
Now what kind of a statement is that? You know die hard is full of nonsense action, punch lines, action scenes that look too easy. This book is like that. A very nice base (A man who became Mahadev), good vs evil and a very nice concept that says 'evil is in the eye of beholder'. Like die hard it keeps you engaged till the end. Like die hard you know when the portions are obvious masala and un realistic. You know when punch lines like Yippe kay yay are going to be said. Thats how Meluha is.. brilliantly engaging, too americanised(read too many slangs), lacking in creativity (a missed opportunity of dreaming up a Hogwarts or middle earth), too modern to be 1900 BC, has all essential ingredients (read love, bravery, bonding, social justice, epic battles, discovering self et al). You'll enjoy this, but you'll definitely not keep this anywhere in your top 50 or even 100 fav books list.
The Immortals of Meluha was sheer magic....kept me spell bound and it was very fascinating to know our history in such a wonderful manner ....
looking forward for the Secret of the nagas...and by the buzz goin around...it seems to b quite interesting...
all the best amish :)
P.S - I have already placed a pre-order :)
Very enthralling book, good to have one in your shelf. I am not a voracious reader but still this book glued me to it until I finished it. Gives lot of dimensions in your spiritual insight. Though one may argue about the plot and story line or say it is the story book for children .. so be it Man ! Nice Job Amish
As good as it can be. Love reading this kind of epic.
My top pics in character based novel -
Immortal of Meluha/Secret of nagas
Maverick heart between love and life
I love something which is based on character. Character is building block of any story. Plots, dialogue and other in story become filler then. We can associated or think something like brand name - when Amitabh is on screen - certain things and quality are expected out of him. His screen presence will matter - does not matter how messy at a times plot could be.
Same thing happen when you have a story based on well defined character. You will expect - tough decisions and reaction as per his attitude and viewpoint will come out. But char building is not so easy. painfully you have to build series of events and plot - which will define the basic feature of this man.
Karan Johar has already rights for Immortal of Meluha, let us see who is going to grab this one? I am waiting for screen version of these epic.
I was so fascinated by Siva char - I forgot the other elements like narration and smooth language.
Other books which are character based - Papillon (an autobiography of a french man - tried escaping from prison 13th time and finally succeeded.). You need to read and see how char plays important role in determination to live free life at any cost, at cost of even your life.
Another One - Godfather - We remember when God father speaks - it is not just dialogues coming out of his mouth but personality of man gets define based on those words.
My top pics in char based novel -
Immortal of Meluha/Secret of nagas
Maverick heart between love and life
The last one is by first timer. But you will love for its meaningful and brilliant dialogue and character based driven plots.
Indian writing is coming to a new age.
this book's first 10-15 pages are just a lot boring........but, after that it takes a sudden grip ........ large number of secr...Read More
This book will make you nostalgic about its characters. All the characters are so well narrated and crafted that you will visua...Read More
You already love Immortals of Meluha and now you wonder if this is going to be good. This books leaps ahead and is full of thri...Read More
I have grown up hearing and reading Indian mythology books during my childhood and very happy that I got to read this bo...