I ordered and received this phone with-in 24hrs. I guess thats because I live in Mumbai.
I have been using this phone for about 2 days and here is mytake on this :
1) Dual SIM, dual standby. A blessing for people in rural areas where one network doesn't give the best reception everywhere.
2) Very affordable at less that 1900 price.
3) "Nokia ka bharosa". (I believe it when they say that)
4) solid, Sturdy build quality exceeds expectation at such low price point.
7) Clean, semi intutive user interface. Anyone who has used low end nokia phones before will feel right at home.
5) Nice Looking with options for different coloured back covers. (Front is always black, I got the white back one.)
6) Supports memory expansion upto 32GB, so even the most agrressive music enthusiasts will be satisfied with number of songs that can be stored on the device.
8) Hot swap functionality for memory card allows changing songs on device without switching off the phone.
9) Torch comes in handy at times.
10) Huge 1320 mAH battery. No need to charge for extended periods even with moderately used music playback and telephony.
11) Standard 3.5 mm audio jack gives freedom to use your favourite earphones with it. (Kind of necessary as the bundled earphones are very low quality)
1) No center selection key (A biggie for me).
2) No Fast-forward/Rewind feature on music player (not a deal breaker, can live with that).
3) Only plays mp3 files (acceptable as mp3 is the most popular format).
4) Music library organised by folders instead of Album/Artist/Songs..
5) No PC suite/USB connectivity
. Only way to transfer data is through Micro SD card.
Overall feedback :
GO for it!
I have been taming this beast for the past 1 month and I have found the love of my life (well.. until I get married at least!). Galaxy note is not every ones's business. If you don't know what you are getting into.. you might seriously hurt yourself. Its a power hub yet beautiful and elegant. I have used an android device before so I was able to see the differences right away. I have rated it 5 stars because there are no more. Below are my liking and longings :
1) The 5.3" Super AMOLED HD screen is the USP and simply breath taking.
2) Amazingly slim profile.
3) Supreme 1.4 GHz Dual core processor doesn't fret no matter what you throw at it.
4) S Pen though has limited productivity but it certainly a good novelty. I didn't buy this phone for that anyways.
5) Ample amount of RAM (1GB), so that you don't ever need to take a stroll to Task Manager.
6) Touchwiz UI though is criticized a lot but it actually delivers if you are not a like-to-poke-everything nerd.
7) 8 MP shooter at the back is good enough for you outdoor shots and well lit indoor pics as well and leave your bulky DSLR at home.
8) Samsung has already announced that Note And S II will be the lucky first from its lineup to receive the soothing taste of next generation google android OS - "Ice Cream Sandwitch".
9) I will mention the screen in my liking again now because its that good!
1) The placement of unlock button and volume rocker is near exact across the phone. So some times when pressing one you may hold the other one as well for leverage and press it inadvertently. But once you get used to it, you easily work around this.
2) A little bulky in terms of dimensions (not in weight, mind you!). Fits snugly in your men jeans. But wont do that in the girls' tighties.
That's it! No more longings.
If you are not sure whether you want a phone or a tablet then just go for this one blindly. But be warned that despite all the looks of approval from onlookers when you snap it out of your pocket, carrying it around is kind of similar to keeping a pet elephant. It sure is "royal" but you have to work to maintain it.
First of all I have not had first hand experience (at least not very long) with this device but I have followed it closely and can safely state a couple of things about it.
I will dive directly into the pros and cons :
1) From HTC so guaranteed to be well built with premium materials (aluminium uni-body).
2) HTC SENSE UI overlay is very handy and productive.
3) 3G version tablet for the price of a wi-fi model.
4) The included stylus has some cool options that will let you kill time with ease if not make board meeting presentations.
5) 7 inch profile makes it compact and easy to carry around.
6) Nice resolution 1024 X 600 gives good pixel density for crisp images and video rendering.
7) 1.5 GHz CPU is not shabby and will be more than enough for your most needs.
8) 1 GB RAM is the most you can get on any device so pretty up-to-date in that respect.
9) Recently updated to honeycomb android version, so will have better UI elements to make full use of bigger screen (resizable widgets, TRON style app drawer and multi-pan views etc.) and brings more stylus functionality to the tablet.
1) Display is only LCD (no AMOLED/IPS/Retina here) so will look inferior to some of the competitions from the segment. But its definitely not bad in absolute terms.
2) Single core processor makes it lesser prone to get "Ice Cream Sandwich" android version. SO far no confirmation on it getting/not getting though.
3) Non-user-replaceable battery will make you visit the service centre if the need should be. But its actually the same case for all tablets.
4) Camera quality is very ordinary (not that you will carry the 7 inch device for photos only). But good enough for quick snap for your social feeds.
5) SENSE though is very useful but still leaves you crave for the pure google experience of stock os.
This was the first attempt by HTC in the tablet segment and it indeed was a worthy of its name "Flyer". However it failed to take off in all its glory since it was constantly one step behind the latest. It offered gingerbread when the world was mesmerized by "Honeycomb". And now that it got "Honeycomb" the world is already looking towards the "Ice cream sandwich".
But in no respect it makes it a outdated device. If you are looking for a solid tablet for even your most demanding needs it will serve you nicely. But since its a little old player in the rapidly changing market, the updates will be scarce and might be delayed to come by. Buy this for what it is, and you will not regret it.
## Cheers! ##
I needed a pen drive to carry my data around. I wanted something compact but not one which I would have to nurse and handle delicately. Well this has been a perfect choice for that.
Its small.. actually tiny! I didn't realize how tiny it is until I saw it in my hands. The pics are accurate but don't do give you the impression of the relative size.
It has a aluminium casing which though light is strong and stylish.
Data speeds are what you could expect from a decent pen drive. In the range of 7-10 Mbps write.
All in all money well spent.
By the way, got it delivered next day. Kudos! Flipkart.
+Latch makes it easier to keep stuff in.
+Large Coin pocket
-Just 3 card pockets.
-Little on expensive side for 900 bucks.
Overall : Buy it if you are one who keeps good care of their belongings and need a wallet for long term use. If you change frequently then this may not be easy on pockets.
2/ Many compartments,
3/ Nice zips,
4/ Attractive design,
5/ Very reasonably priced,
1/ Somewhat inferior material,
2/ Some design though eye-catching is not of any practical use,
Final Word :
If you want a non-expensive carry bag which can fit your world without ripping out your wallet then a very good option. Mind that you wont be wooing anyone with this :-)
Delivered next day. Love ya!