Been eagerly waiting for this book, and on being delivered, pounced on it right away.
I was hoping that it is not restricted to only the OBL operation, but that it would include their other operations, in this respect, it does not disappoint. In fact, the author had taken part in the rescue of the American captain from Somali pirates, which was still fresh in public memory. Even for the OBL operation alone, one would've brought the book. All the other operations definitely are an added bonus.
Slowly building up the tempo from his training days to the grand finale of the OBL operation, this book does not disappoint at all. You won't get any strategic details or other classified training/technology details, but, all you need to make a gripping novel is present.
It would have been even better if it had some more (and clearer) photographs of their guns and kits. Their NVGs (night vision goggles) alone costs $65,000.00 each, which was impressive. If you want your elite forces to be the best, don't hesitate to provide them the best of the best. Our government need to note this. Using all the latest technologies in weaponry, reconnaissance, communications, aviation etc etc, and using it all in sync to serve their purpose, thats what impressive out their elite forces and their operations.
All in all, a gripping page turner.
1. Supports download speeds upto 21Mbps, thats the speed supported by high end smartphones like Samsung Galaxy S-II etc. Other dongles in the market are mostly in the range of 3 or 7.2Mbps. Agreed that it will not reach the theoretical speed of 21Mbps, but, you can be very sure that this is way ahead faster than the 7.2 or 3Mbps dongles.
2. If set in automatic mode, it will automatically connect to the internet when powered up, that is, if you insert it to your PC or Laptop's USB Port, it will automatically connect to the net. And, this internet connection is (can be) automatically shared through wifi to 5 other wifi enabled devices. Just ensure that you have logged on as an administrator and seen (or changed) the password for wifi access.
3. Other USB wifi dongles available in the market (eg Beetel or Voda mifi) are powered by a Lithium battery, and can act as a stand alone wifi hotspot without any need of connecting the dongle to any power supply. HOWEVER, the battery back up of those devices are barely 4 hours, and you have no option of extending the battery life. And, a battery attached means a huge increase in the device's overall size. Also, try taking a battery powered wifi dongle to a high security area. You'll have to answer a lot of questions from suspicious security persons. So, a wifi dongle without any battery is much more preferable.
4. Very very easy to use and very very easy to set up.
5. Considering that in the future, we will be accessing the internet from more mobile devices, and that too through wifi, i'd say this is a good future proof investment, as you can share you internet connection through this Rs 3050 device.
Considering its features and price, this is one of those dream devices at dream prices. Excellent product!
This device here, the D-Link 5-Port unmanaged switch exactly serves my requirement, and i am a satisfied buyer.
I wanted to share our office VSAT connection (or for that matter, any network connection) with two computers. Initially, the LAN cable from the VSAT directly connects to only one computer. Using this switch, i just have to connect the VSAT LAN cable to one port(any port will do) of this switch, and, the other ports are used for connecting the two computers. Network sharing done! Completed!
Regarding price and delivery, do i need to say anything? Its excellent, Unmatched!!
Knowing very well how fast things move in the computer industry, i was pessimistic when i wanted to replace my 5-yr old laptop's RAM. I thought either it will be very hard to find it or even if available, that it would be very costly. But, easily found it here, and Lo and Behold, my old lappie now runs on 4gigs of DDR2 RAM !!
Thanks flipkart for the convenience you have given to people like us living in tier - 2, tier 3 cities and other small towns.
This is a good basic CLIP phone at a reasonable price.
The LCD Display requires 3 nos of AAA batteries for the backlight to work, giving it an orange coloured background. Without the batteries, the display works, but, without any backlight, so its darker.
It displays the caller ID, and number of missed calls etc, with the date, month and year.
It does not have any number memory function/phonebook.
All in all, its exactly what it said, and its worth the price.
With its sophisticated looks and finish, this makes for a great gift. Since it was purchased for gifting purpose and not for personal usage, i am in no position to give any feedback about the experience of using the pen, BUT, as far as gifting it goes, it really impressed the person we've gifted to; so, in this respect, it serves its description very well.
The clock is an added 'wow' factor.