Overall a great buy. Music Quality is at par or better than most Quality Audio playing devices available at higher prices points. Here are my findings.
- Great Music Quality. This is the single most reason why I bought the Cowon C2. About 30 predefined EQ settings and 4 User defined Settings. It’s a treat for Audiophiles.
- Comes with Jet Effects 3 which enhances music especially mp3 (lossy compression). BBE MP and BBE Mach3Bass sound enhancements is a great plus factor.
- Supports almost all Audio Codecs.
- Battery Life is very good. Currently I get at least 40+ hours of continuous music time on a single charge. Which is good enough for me.
- Extensible storage feature through provision of Micro SD slot card over and above the 4GB inbuilt storage . Upgradable up to 32 GB.
- Loudness. With a good pair of speaker only half of the max volume setting is loud enough . It can easily power any earphone.
- Overall build quality is good. Looks rugged.
- UI needs time to be figured out. Very Unintuitive. I had a tough time figuring out how to set the User defined EQ. Finally searched on the net to get to it. Returning back to the earlier screen is a pain.
- The Data transport cable provided has a proprietary interface. Tough to procure a spare one if this one is damaged or lost.
- Design of the flap covering the USB port is such that it comes in the way while inserting the data cable. Inserting and removing the cable from the device is also tough. At times I though I might damage the port.
- Screen size too small to enjoy Videos. Video needs to converted to a lower grade to view it.
- The Chrome metal back scratches easily. Ensure that a scratch guard of equivalent size is bought and stuck on.
- Lack of Playlist facility. Its an issue when you already have a big collection of playlists.
4 stars. One point deducted for the 'Cons' stated above.
Overall a great buy.