During early 1980s, YEH JO HAI ZINDAGI was one of the biggest hit shows to be shown on the Indian television. It was a laugh riot across the nation as the roads would get empty every Friday 8.30 pm; a fantastic way to end the week and welcome the weekend !
The episodes revolved around funny events in the lives of Ranjit (Shafi Inamdar) and Renu (Swaroop Sampat) - a married couple along with Renu's single & unemployed younger brother Raja (Rakesh Bedi). A trademark of the show was Satish Shah who played a different character in every episode, coming in contact with Ranjit & Renu's world.
- EPISODE 1 - THE DIVORCEWhen Ranjeet, the forever absentminded husband, forgets the date of their wedding anniversary, Renu threatens divorce through a newly passed lawyer (Satish Shah). As usual, the proceedings are unpredictable.
- EPISODE 2 - THE SOFA CUM BEDA dinner guest is to arrive and unfortunately Ranjeet cant remember who it is. The long awaited sofa-cum-bed creates havoc when it is finally delivered!
- EPISODE 3 - RENU AS A SALES GIRLRenu decides to pretend as a sales girl to snare a valuable customer for a promotion. Her target is the company for which Ranjeet works as a manager. Things get funny with Ranjeets assistant Vinod (Satish Shah), whose aim in life is to meet as many sales girls as possible.
- EPISODE 4 - THE SOUTH INDIAN MARRIAGE (Part I)Ranjeet and Renu are asked to help their South Indian neighbors in arranging a match for their daughter. However, things dont work out as expected since the prospective bride and groom run away. Raja, masquerading as a modern day Pandit matches horoscopes with a calculator and a pack of cards! Will he be the savior? (To be continued)
- EPISODE 5 - THE SOUTH INDIAN MARRIAGE (Part II)(Continued) The chaos continues while both the sisters (prospective brides) and the brothers (prospective grooms) are hell confused over relationships. After much dilemma the tricky situation finally gets resolved, providing relief to everyone!
- EPISODE 6 - CANCERWhile the clinic nurse is busy flirting over the phone, Ranjeet is given the wrong lab report by mistake. Diagnosed with cancer with only a few days to live, Ranjeet is bent upon living it to the fullest, while Renu and Raja try to come to grips with the tragedy.
Bonus Features in DVD: - Signatures of Stars:-Satish Shah, Rakesh Bedi & Swaroop Sampat.