151 Essays for IAS/ PCS & Other Competitive Exams by Disha Publications is a comprehensive collection of essays meant for PAPER-I – ESSAYS of the UPSC Mains exam as well as State PCSs and other competitive exams.
Salient Features of the Book:
• The book incorporates essays pertaining to the two broad divisions namely, Static topics & Current Affairs.
• It is divided into as many as 12 different sections namely: Polity & Governance, World Polity, Economy, Environment, Social Justice, Social Development, Social Challenges, Ethics & Integrity, Education,: Society & Culture, Science & Technology, and Life & Philosophy.
• The book begins with the guidelines on developing the Craft of Essay Writing which includes the Selection of Topic, Planning, Introduction of a Topic, Body of the Topic, Inter-linking of Important thoughts and Conclusion.
• All Essay Topics are relevant to the IAS/ PCS exams and include complete theoretical guidance on the specific topics.
• Each of the 151 essays provides a broad perspective on the relevant Issues & Challenges regarding the current scenario in the country.
• The essays have been written in impressive style incorporating detailed information on the particular topic, ideas for contextual writing, rich vocabulary and analytical skills to arrive at a conclusion.