19th Akshauhini answers all the questions about the Gita that are plaguing minds. The illustrative list of questions answered in this book are :
• How can Krishna who himself ran away from battle & earned the sobriquet “RANCHOR”(meaning one who ran away from battle) advise Arjuna to fight his enemies?
• How can a forty minute discourse of the Gita be complete knowledge?
• How can a 5300-year-old dialog be relevant to modern times?
• If the Gita is unchanging, isn’t it too rigid and unsuitable for modern times?
• How can one discourse cater to the needs of diverse types of people?
• Does the Gita encourage violence?
• Isn’t the Gita sectarian and meant for Hindus?
Read on to get a new perspective on the Gita and its teachings.
Haribakth is the pen name or the adopted name of the author, Ravindra Rao. He has a master’s degree in commerce from Marathwada University and a bachelor’s degree in law. He has graduated from Osmania University. He was an IT officer in a public sector bank and opted for voluntary retirement in 2015, after thirty-four years of service, to pursue his passion. Vaishnavi Rao holds a bachelor’s degree in design from Shivaji University, Kolhapur. She has worked as a designer in Goa for a year. Presently, she is a freelancer undertaking independent assignments. She has a flair for painting and other artworks. The entire illustration in this book is credited to her. This is the maiden foray of the father-daughter duo into the field of writing/illustrating. They can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
2 Ratings &
COMPELLING READ—FODDER FOR THOUGHT
The book title kindled my curiosity. The cover page appeared alluring. The blurb was captivating. I ordered for the book.
The latter part of the title of book is fully justified. The book delivers what the title says. It is an offbeat book and has a unique perspective. Rather than touching the contents of the Gita, like earlier other books have done and adding one more version of the Gita, It has dealt on the subject, how to comprehend The Gita in all its’ infinite splendor and glory. Thi...