Peppermint oil is extracted through the method of steam distillation from the plant of peppermint that is botanically known as Mentha Piperita. It has a fresh, sharp, menthol smell. It can be used for both aromatherapy and natural perfumery.
Use Peppermint Oil:
- Add 2-3 drops of peppermint oil to facial creams to care for clogged pores and outbreak of acne.
- Apply 2-3 drops of peppermint oil after mixing with almond and jojoba oil. It is effective in burning sensation or allergic rash, especially with sensitive skin.
- Apply 2-3 drops of peppermint oil after mixing with almond oil and another type of carrier oil. It helps to soothe headache and pressure.
- Apply 3-4 drops of peppermint oil after mixing with jojoba oil or coconut oil rub in to the scalp and leave for at least 30 minutes. It will reduce hair loss, prevents gray hairs.
- Add 4-5 drops of peppermint oil in shampoo or conditioner and use it to massage your head for a few minutes.
- Apply 2-3 drops of peppermint after mixing with any type of carrier oil to use as nourishment for dull skin and improves the texture of oil and greasy skin.