Hair Color - Lose the Inhibition
Hair colouring is a choice that we'll either end up loving or hating. Nevertheless, it’s a bold choice to choose to colour your hair regardless of how old you are. But there are some things to keep in mind while choosing hair colour. The most basic thing you might already know unless you live under a rock is to choose hair colours that are ammonia-free.
Avoiding Disastrous Results
The first thing to do before going in for hair colouring is a strand test on a small section of hair near the nape of your neck. You need to apply the dye and leave it on for the time mentioned in the box. This will help you decide if you like the colour on your hair.
Hair Colour for Women - The Lady on the Box
Never trust the lady on the box. This is the most obvious mistake that most of us make when it comes to buying hair colour. We go by the hair colour of the model on the front of the box. What we don’t understand is that our hair colour will probably turn out lighter than hers. This is mainly because the developer in boxed hair dyes is stronger than the dyes used in salons. It will lighten your hair a lot more than how the model’s hair appears on the box.
Hair Texture - Hagrid or Luna Lovegood?
There are 2 main things you need to remember about hair texture when you’re contemplating hair dye ideas. Firstly, hair that’s frizzy, curly, and coarse absorbs more colour and tends to get cool tones when you colour it. Any dye you apply will hence look slightly ashy and have blue undertones. Secondly, straight hair that is fine or medium textured is prone to getting warm toned when you colour it. So the colour you end up with could have an orange or copper tinge to it.
Never Underestimate the Importance of a Good Conditioner
A major part of maintaining your hair colour is touching your roots when they grow out. This could get tricky as the ends of your hair are porous and can get stained when you try to wash the colour off from your roots.
Part by Part
Sectioning your hair is key when colouring your hair. This is to prevent the final results from turning out patchy. The best way to do this is by first parting your hair vertically from the centre of your forehead to the nape of your neck and then horizontally from one ear to another. This will divide your hair into 4 equal sections. You can then start colouring your hair from the back of your head and work your way to the front. This way, the colour will have developed on the back section of your hair the longest, which is naturally darker than the rest of your hair.
Hair Colour for Men - Own Your Mane
Brands like Biotique, Beardo, Himalaya, L ‘Oreal Paris, and Pantene have some great hair colours for men. These are quite easy to find online and there are reviews to help you find your way through the large tunnel of hair colour products. For women, brands like Garnier, Streax, BBlunt, Schwarzkopf, and Vcare offer a large variety of colours for different types of hair. You can browse through all the available colours and brands online before choosing the ones that you feel will suit you the most.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs) about Hair Colour
Q.1 Which brand of hair color is the best?
Ans: A few top brands for hair colour are:
1. L’Oreal Paris
6. Naturtint Hair Color
7. Wella Kolestint
8. Organic Color Systems
Q.2 How much does it cost to get your hair colored?
Ans: It costs about Rs. 1500 to Rs. 8500 to get your hair coloured.
Q.3 How long does permanent hair color last?
Ans: Hair colour lasts about four to six weeks or about 28 hair washes.
Q.4 How do I choose a hair color?
Ans: Pick a colour which is one or two shades lighter than your original hair colour. You can also pick a colour that goes well with the colour of your eyes. For warmer undertones, you can pick warm colours like copper. For cool undertones, you can choose colours like walnut brown.
Q.5 How do I choose the right hair color to cover gray?
Ans: A few tips to find the right colour are:
1. Pick a permanent or semi-permanent hair colour depending on the percentage of gray hair - for 10% to 50% gray hair, you can choose semi-permanent hair colour, and for more than 50% of gray hair, you can pick a permanent one.
2. Choose lighter colours for gray hair, and darker colours for white hair.
3. Pick a colour that is within one or two tones of your natural hair colour.
4. Choose a colour that beautifully complement your eye colour.
Q.6 Which is the best Burgundy Hair Colour?
Ans: Best burgundy hair colours are:
1. L’Oreal Paris Casting Creme Gloss – 316 Burgundy
2. Garnier Color Naturals – 3.16 Burgundy
3. L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Triple Care Color – 3.16 Burgundy
4. BBlunt Salon Secret High Shine Creme Hair Color – 4.20 Wine Deep Burgundy
5. Revlon ColorSilk Beautiful Color – 3DB Deep Burgundy
6. Revlon Color ‘N Care Permanent Hair Color – 3RV Burgundy
7. Godrej Expert Creme Hair Color – 4.16 Burgundy
8. Indus Valley Organically Natural Get Hair Color – 3.6 Burgundy
9. Vegetal Bio Color – Burgundy
10. Color Mate Hair Color Cream – 6.65 Burgundy
Q.7 What is the best hair color for GREY?
Ans: Best hair colours for grey hair are:
1. Clairol Nice ‘n Easy – Natural Dark Blonde
2. Revlon ColorSilk – Ultra Light Ash Blonde
3. L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme – Medium Golden Blonde
4. Wella Professionals Color Charm Permanent Liquid Color – Light Beige Blonde
5. Zotos AGEbeautiful Permanent Liqui-Creme – Strawberry Blonde
6. L’Oreal Paris Superior Preference Color – Lightest Auburn
7. L’Oreal Paris Couleur Experte Express Color + Highlights – Ginger Twist
8. Schwarzkopf Color Ultime Hair Color Cream – Vintage Red
9. Clairol Natural Instincts Hair Color – Malaysian Cherry (Dark Red)
10. Schwarzkopf Keratin Color Intense Caring Color – Red Velvet Brown
11. L’Oreal Paris Age Perfect By Excellence – Medium Soft Chestnut Brown
Q.8 How often should I dye my hair to cover gray?
Ans: You should touch-up on your greys every four to six weeks.
Q.9 What is the best GREY hair dye?
Ans: Some of the best grey hair dyes are:
1. Kenra Permanent Color in 7SM Medium Blonde-Silver Metallic
2. Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in Silver
3. Joico Color Intensity Semi-Permanent Color in Titanium
4. Wella Color Charm Liquid Creme Hair Color in Cooling Violet
5. Redken Shades EQ Equalizing Conditioning Color Gloss in 08T
6. Pulp Riot Semi-Permanent Color in Smoke
7. Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Color in Gargoyle
8. Clairol Color Crave Hair Makeup in Shimmering Platinum
9. Manic Panic Amplified Semi-Permanent Dye in Blue Steel
10. L'Oreal Paris Colorista 1-Day Temporary Hair Color Spray
एक ज़माना था जब लोग जवान दिखने के लिए, अपने बाल रंगते थे रंगते थे। ऐसे में जो हेयर कलर बाज़ार में आते थे वो आपके बालों को काला या और ज़्यादा गाढ़ा करने के लिए आते थे। लेकिन आज कि युवा पीढ़ी अपने बालों को अपने आप को व्यक्त करने का एक तरीक़ा मानती है। आपकी जैसी मनस्थिति हो आप अपने बालों और कपड़ों से व्यक्त कर सकते हैं। आज की युवा पीढ़ी अपने बालों को अलग-अलग तरह के रंगों से रंगती है। बालों के स्ट्रीक्स रंगना भी एक नया फ़ैशन ट्रेंड माना गया है इसीलिए आपको ऐसे कई लोग दिखेंगे जिनके बालों के स्ट्रीक्स अलग-अलग रंगों में जैसे कि लाल, गुलाबी, पीला, हरा वग़ैरह। अगर आप अपने बालों को रंगने के लिए बेस्ट हेयर कलर ढूँढ रहे हैं तो आपके पास कई विकल्प हैं वो भी जाने-माने ब्रैंड्ज़ से जैसे कि L’Oreal, Garnier, Indica इत्यादि। बस यही नहीं अगर आपका मन कुछ नया करने का कर रहा है तो आप अपने बालों के सिर्फ़ टिप्स भी रंग सकते हैं। तो आज ही अपने लिए एक एक हेयर कलर को ऑर्डर करें और अपने बालों को एक नई रंगत दें।
Top Brands: Garnier Hair Color | Streax Hair Color | Brown Hair Color | Godrej Hair Color | Schwarzkopf Hair Color |
Trending Hair Care Products at Flipkart