Wella Professional Shampoos
Franz Ströher, a hairdresser from East Germany founded Wella in 1880. The company started out by making tulles for wig making. Since then Wella has been credited for developing the first perming machine, hair dryers with built-in motors, and portable perming machine. However, The German Democratic Republic confiscated all of Wella’s patents, forcing the Ströher family to start all over again from Hesse. The company was restarted in 1945 and by 1955 Wella AG was a growing company.
By 1995 Wella already had products like a hair balm called Koleston, a perm product to create Afro style looks, Balsam a shampoo sold in retail shops, and an exclusive product for men. By 2011, Wella was well known for holding global hairdressing competitions, as well as starting a hairdressing school for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
In 2014, Wella filed for a patent for ME+, a new molecule. ME+ is a more hair-friendly replacement to allergy-causing p-phenylenediamine which is present in most hair colours these days. However, before you buy a Wella hair shampoo, you should know the type of your hair.
- Coloured Hair: If you regularly colour your hair or have coloured highlights it is better to select a shampoo which protects your hair colour, as well as adds vibrancy to it
- Oily Hair: If you have an oily scalp or hair, it is important to select a mild shampoo which can be used regularly. You also need to avoid shampoos and hair products which are moisturizing
- Fine hair: Pick a shampoo which adds volume to your hair
- Dry Hair: If you have dry hair, then pick a shampoo which is moisturizing. It will be better to pick a conditioner along with the shampoo too
- Curly hair: It is difficult to tame curly hair or even find the correct shampoo for hair which tangles and breaks easily. You can opt for a moisturizing shampoo or a shampoo which boasts damage protection
Types of Wella Professional Shampoo
As an established brand for salon-like hair-treatment Wella boasts a range of hair products, especially shampoos which can complement your hair type.
- Professional Repair Shampoo for Damaged Hair: The Repair range of shampoos has been specifically designed to deal with damaged hair. It uses RNP-formula and Hydrolized Keratin to repair the damage to your hair, as well as strengthen it
- Enrich Shampoo and Mask: Suitable for dry, chemically treated, and curly hair, this shampoo and mask belong to the Wella Enrich Range. The mask should be applied post shampooing and left on for 5-minutes before being washed out
- Invigo Color Brilliance Shampoo: The Invigo color brilliance is a shampoo for coloured hair of all types. This shampoo uses Liquid Crystal technology as well as Diamond Dust to protect hair colour for up to seven weeks. This shampoo can also be used for hair shine, smoothening and straightening
- Elements Shampoo: The Elements Range uses silk extracts. This shampoo is ideal for dry, damaged, or curly hair, as it is moisturizing. It also makes hair smoother and manageable
Shop for Wella Professional Shampoo Online
The best way for buying a premium shampoo like Wella is online. There are several apps and websites from where you can buy Wella Professional Shampoo.