This book covers every topic in biology that is asked in various PMTs. It serves as a manual for medical entrance examinations giving you an overview of the complete biology syllabus.
This book is based on my notes which I had prepared myself while preparing for PMTs. You need not study from any other material of any coaching institute to supplement this book. I expect atleast 90-95% questions in biology in the PMTs from this book.
I have written this book with a view to prevent students from being misguided by surplus, irrelevant information provided by books currently available in the market or by various PMT coaching institutions. - Rahul Chawla ( All India topper, BHU-PMT 2008)
1. This book contains all very important and frequently asked questions from biology in factual form derived from the previous years’ question papers of all medical entrance examinations.
2. A collection of 100+ mnemonics not to be found elsewhere.
3. It also contains tips for solving questions, FAQs regarding preparation methods, study techniques, suggestions and advice regarding the entire preparation as well as last minute revision.
4. Flow charts, tables, cycles have been incorporated in a notes wise format for better comprehension and easy learning.
5. Well labelled diagrams (NCERT based) for AIIMS, CBSE-Mains, Karnataka CET, and Manipal etc. have been included.
6. All the important terms and facts have been highlighted by using italics or bold fonts and the lesser important ones have been written in smaller fonts while the necessary superfluous information has been omitted.
7. Also covers additional topics asked in different state-level examinations.
8. At least 90-95% questions in biology in PMTs are expected from this book.
9. Even a below average student can crack the exam after reading this book.
10. This book also covers additional topics asked in different state-level examinations.
11. Questions from the current editions of NCERT biology are asked in various exams including AIIMS, AIPMT, DPMT; while AMU and DPMT draw questions even from very old editions of NCERT biology; keeping this in mind, I have compiled chapter-wise points from three editions of NCERT biology (1999, 2006, 2008).
12. Atleast 90-95% questions in biology in the PMTs are expected to come from this book.
13. It's in accordance with the latest guidelines and the pattern proposed for NEET 2013 onwards.
About the Author
Rahul Chawla is currently pursuing MBBS from Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi. He had topped BHU-PMT-2008 all over India and was the 2nd ranker in VMMC and MP-PMT. He has had the experience of being a guide and mentor to innumerable PMT aspirants who have been regularly seeking his advice. His first book Handbook of Biology has been appreciated by the students wholeheartedly and his upcoming books Physics @ Your Fingertips and Chemistry @ Your Fingertips are going to be released soon. He has also launched a website www.pmtgurumantra.com to guide the students preparing for the medical entrance examinations, to clear their doubts and to provide them all necessary information, examination details, previous papers etc. at the click of a button.