Bioscope depicts the inner meaning of moving images. It is a story about Diwakaran and what became his very close friend, the bioscope. Traveling through villages, he erected tents and screened early film strips using a projector, known at the time as bioscope.
How did Diwakarans inner self start burning like a furnace. How were these early moving images received in the interior villages at the dawn of the 20th century, before the first film was made in Kerala. Bioscope takes us to that realm where history, dreams and memories come together.
- Kerala State Award 2008 (Best Special Jury Award For Director, Best Editor, Best Cinematographer, Best Background Score, Best Processing)
- National Award 2008 (Special Jury Award For Film)
- Saiff, New York Award 2008 (Best Cinematographer)
- NetPec Jury Osian's Cine Fan Award 2008 (Best Asian Film)
- Mannheim - Heidelberg, Germany 2008(International Jury Award)