From celebrities like famous musicians and cricketers to some of the greatest leaders in the past, every successful person who has created a name for himself has faced his share of struggles before reaching the heights of success. Reading about the lives of these people is an education in itself, giving you lessons on what life has to offer you and teaching you how to face the challenges that can come your way. Yes, biographies and autobiographies play an important role in shaping a person's character and helping him reach the heights of success.
The Difference Between Biographies And Autobiographies
While both biographies and autobiographies deal with the lives of people to inspire their readers with the struggles and books/knowledge-and-learning/people-places/other/pr?sid=bks,fnf,fs6,s3s,bat,x1n">other instances that they came through, the difference lies in the authors of either book. A biography is a book that narrates a person's life in the words of another person, mostly an admirer, who has spent hours researching and compiling facts on the person's life. An autobiography, on the other hand, is mainly a record of a person's life in the person's words himself, like that of Timepass by Protima Bedi. While the former mainly revolves around facts and is objective, the latter is more subjective as it reveals a lot about the person's feelings. However, biographies can offer you a wider perspective as it not restricted to the feelings of the person alone.
Biographies And Autobiographies For Middle And High School Students
Reading on the lives of important people in your school days will go a long way in making you a better adult, preparing you for the tests and challenges that life has to offer you. The following are some of the most famous biographies and autobiographies that are you are going to love reading in your school days.
1. The Diary Of A Young Girl By Anne Frank- While long paragraphs on Hitler and the Nazi system are what you spent late nights learning by heart before your history exam, the diary of this young girl will give you a deeper understanding of the sufferings of people during that time like no other textbook can.
2. Boy- Written by the famous writer Roald Dahl, this autobiography is a must read for all budding writers in school who dream of having their books published someday.
3. Biographies Of Steve Jobs- There is a range of them by different writers. Reading on the life and activities of Steve Jobs at a young age will give you the inspiration you need to aim at success from your early days.
Reading Interesting Autobiographies Of Famous Personalities
The following are some famous biographies and autobiographies by some of the most inspiring people who walked this earth. Read on to know their lives and the choices they made to become the world's greatest leaders.
1. Long Walk To Freedom By Nelson Mandela- We are all aware of the sufferings that blacks had once had to put up with but only a handful of us are aware of the struggles of this famous leader who fought for their freedom and rights.
2. My Experiments With Truth By Mahatma Gandhi- Gandhi's role in the freedom struggle is something that we have been reading about year after year in school. However, My Experiments With Truth will give you a deeper understanding of the life of this father of our nation.
3. The Biography Of Abraham Lincoln- The biography of Abraham Lincoln will give you the best example of a man who started from humble beginnings to become one of the most influential people in America.
Find Interesting Biographies And Autobiographies Online
With a number of books online, you have no reason to postpone buying yourself the biography or autobiography that you want. All you have to do is type the name of the book you want in the search bar on online shopping sites to find it at your doorstep in a few days.