Did you know that Gur (Jaggery) mixed with equal quantity of mustard oil taken for 21 days gives almost permanent relief from asthma?
Learn the best natural allergy treatment methods to strengthen your immune system. Since allopathy has not found a cure for it so far, it is worthwhile trying other alternative forms of treatment like allopathy, ayurveda, yoga, homeopathy, naturopathy, magneto therapy, colour therapy, acupressure and vastu shastra to avoid the offending allergens and to stay in top shape.
This book tells you about:
1. Types, effects and symptoms of allergies
2. How to detect allergy
3. Treatment through:
Allergies are adverse immune system reactions to a substance that would normally be considered harmless. Possible allergens include specific foods, dust, pollens, molds, spores, pets and a host of other irritants.
Common symptoms of a typical allergic reaction include breathing congestion, inflammation, scratchy or watery eye, sneezing, coughing, itching, puffy face, flushing of the cheeks, vomiting, stomachache, and intestinal irritation etc. More severe reactions can be fatal if not treated in time.
The underlying causes of development of allergy and sensitivity, in varying degrees, are dietary and lifestyle factors, imbalanced immune function, and toxic overload. There are many cures for allergies that do not involve much use of pharmaceutical drugs.
This book shows you how you can treat allergies naturally. Besides, it explains how you can make lifestyle changes that will keep you in the pink of health.
Read our book. Write reviews online. Tell your friends.
About the Author
Dr A K Sethi is a multi-faceted person. He passed out as an outstanding medical graduate from Stanley Medical College, Chennai. Subsequently, he worked as a research scientist at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi. He spent many years teaching physiology at Lady Hardinge and Maulana Azad Medical Colleges. Dr Sethi is also an AIDS counsellor. This book is the outcome of his firsthand interaction with students and patients. Bowel Care, How to have Sound Sleep and Diabetes Control in your hands are some of his books that have been widely appreciated.
Table Of Contents
1. What is Allergy
2. Types of Allergies
3. Effects of Allergy on the Body
4. Signs and Symptoms of Allergy
5. Complications of Allergy
6. Effects of Seasonal Changes on Allergy
7. Diagnostic Tools for Detecting Allergy
8. Role of Changes in Diet and Lifestyle in the Treatment
9. Conventional or Allopathic Treatment
10. Does Yoga have an Answer to this Problem
11. What is the Role of Naturopathy (Nature Cure)
12. Role of Ayurveda in Controlling Allergy
13. Homeopathic Treatment of Allergy
14. Is Magnetotherapy the Solution to the Treatment
15. Benefits of Acupressure and Reflexology
16. The Wonders of Colour Therapy (Chromotherapy)
17. Can Music Therapy be of Some Benefit
18. The Role of Vastu Shastra and Feng Shui