1. The new colorful revised edition covers most of the emergencies in clinical practices. It covers all aspects of medical emergencies besides management. A few new emergencies have been added to make it a complete book. About the Author Dr. S.N. Chugh
2. The book is written in a simple and understandable language.
3. Most of the books available in the market are either deficient in substance or illustration. They are written just as a theoretical book. I have taken care of this aspect by taking the important matters in the boxes. I have revised it keeping in mind the recent advances in emergency management.
4. The "face is index of mind", the first page of each chapter starts with the figures which highlights the important part of the medical emergency.
5. The boxes and tables are colorful which soothe the eyes.
6. The book is suitable not only for undergraduates but postgraduates also. The clinicians can keep the book on table while practicing so as to have a look when they feel free or can consult it at the time of dealing with an emergency.
7. The book is handy, can be taken by the students and resident staff on emergency duty and it will serve them as ready reckoner for medical emergencies.
8. Most of the students will find it easy to pick up objective questions from this book while preparing for PG entrance examination.
9. I have taken care not to include controversies in medicine. I have given clear-cut version which most of the physicians agree by consensus.
10. I hope this book will cater the needs of students, clinicians and teachers.
is Senior Professor and Pro Vice-Chancellor at Pt. B.D. Sharma P.G.I.M.S. and Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak (Haryana). He has a vast experience of 30 years of teaching in various capacities e.g. Registrar, Lecturer, Reader and Senior Professor. He has been teaching the subject of Medicine to Dental and Medical students, both undergraduates and postgraduates. He is recognized as a postgraduate teacher for more than 28 years. He has been examiner for both undergraduate and postgraduate examinations at his institution and in different Indian Universities. During his excellent career, he has been awarded many times for academic excellence. He has been awarded gold medal by Indian Academy of Clinical Medicine and Searle Oration for life time achievements in medicine by Association of Physicians of India. He has been bestowed with Rashtriya Gaurav Award by a Social International Organization. He has already contributed chapters in various textbooks of medicine as well as of toxicology. He has also contributed a chapter in a prestigious book "API Text Book of Medicine". He has already many books to his credit. He has written Textbook of Electrocardiography, Practical Electrocardiography, Textbook of Medicine for medical and dental students, Clinical Methods in Medicine and Bedside Medicine without tears. Dr. Chugh is founder fellow of many institutions/societies in Medicine. He is the fellow of Indian College of Physicians (FICP), Indian Academy of Clinical Medicine (FIACM), International College of Nutrition (FICM), Indian Society of Cardiology (FISC), and Fellow of International Science Academy (FIMSA). In addition he is a member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS) and was elected as Governing Body Member of IACM. He has credit of visiting of many countries like China, Nepal and Japan and has delivered lectures. He has also taken active interest in organizing and participating in symposia and seminars at his institution and at other institutions in the country. He has taken part in WHO symposia on diabetes and poisoning.