General Awareness and Current Affairs Digest 2012 1st Edition (English, Paperback, Krishna Reddy, M Laxmikanth)
- From Saved Addresses
- Recent History
- Usually delivered in 6-7 days. Enter pincode for exact delivery dates/charges?
Why is there a shipping charge for this item?
Sellers with Flipkart Assured waive off the delivery charge for Orders over Rs 500. For Orders under Rs 500, a nominal delivery charge is added per item.
Sellers without Flipkart Assured may or may not add a delivery charge to your Order. This is subject to Seller discretion.
What is the estimated delivery time?
Sellers generally procure and ship the items within the time specified on the product page. Business days exclude public holidays and Sundays.
Estimated delivery time depends on the following factors:
- The Seller offering the product
- Product's availability with the Seller
- The destination to which you want the order shipped to and the Seller's location
Why does the delivery date not correspond to the delivery timeline of X-Y business days?
It is possible that the Seller or our courier partners observe a holiday between the day you placed your order and the date of delivery, which is based on the timelines shown on the product page. In this case, we add a day to the estimated date. Some courier partners and Sellers do not work on Sundays and this is factored in to the delivery dates.
What do the different tags like 'In Stock', 'Available' mean?
Products‘In Stock’ are readily available with seller.
Products listed as ‘In Stock’ are readily available with seller.
'Preorder' or 'Forthcoming'
The product is not released yet. You can however ‘book’ an order for this. Shipping happens only after the product launch.
'Out of Stock'
Currently, the item is not available for sale. Use the 'Notify Me' feature to know once it is available for purchase.
Sometimes, items have to be sourced by Sellers from outside India. These items are mentioned as 'Imported' on the product page and can take at least 10 days or more to be delivered to you.
'Back In Stock Soon'
The item is popular and is sold out. You can however 'book' an order for the product and it will be shipped according to the timelines mentioned by the Seller.
The product is currently out of stock and is not available for purchase. The product could to be in stock soon. Use the 'Notify Me' feature to know when it is available for purchase.
This product is no longer available because it is obsolete and/or its production has been discontinued.
'Out of Print'
This product is not available because it is no longer published and has been permanently discontinued.
Why does the estimated delivery time vary for each seller?
Delivery times are influenced by product availability, geographic location of the Seller, your shipping destination and the courier partner's time-to-deliver to your location.
Please enter your default pin code on the product page to know more accurate delivery times on the product page itself.
Seller does not/cannot ship to my area. Why?
Enter your pincode on the product page to know whether the product can be delivered to your location.
If you haven't provided your pincode until the checkout stage, the pincode in your last used shipping address will be used to check for serviceability.
Whether your location can be serviced or not depends on:
- Whether the Seller actually ships to your location
- Legal restrictions, if any, in shipping particular products to your location
- The availability of reliable courier partners in your location
At times Sellers prefer not to ship to certain locations. This is entirely at their discretion.
More answers in our Shipping FAQs »
- Language: English
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited
- ISBN: 9781259003462, 1259003469
- Edition: 1st, 2011
- Pages: 800
- Cash On Delivery available?
How do I place a Cash on Delivery (C-o-D) order?
All items that have the 'Cash on Delivery Available' icon are valid for order by Cash on Delivery. Add the item(s) to your cart and proceed to checkout. When prompted to choose a payment option, select 'Pay By Cash on Delivery'. Enter the CAPTCHA text as shown, for validation. Once verified and confirmed, your order will be processed for shipment in the time specified, from the date of confirmation. You will be required to make a cash-only payment to our courier partner at the time of delivery of your order to complete the payment.
Terms & Conditions
- e-Gift Vouchers or Store Credit cannot be used for C-o-D orders.
Cash-only payment at the time of delivery.
More answers in our Shipping FAQs »
- 10 Days Replacement Policy?
Validity Covers Type Accepted 10 days from delivery or installation* Damaged, Defective, Item not as described Replacement
*The validity for products installed only by Flipkart authorized personnel shall be 10 days from installation.
If you have received a damaged or defective product or if it is not as described, you can raise a replacement request on the Website/App/Mobile site within 10 days of receiving the product.
We will help you troubleshoot any issues you may have, either through online tools, over the phone, and/or through an in-person technical visit. If no defect is confirmed, the issue is not diagnosed within 10 days of delivery, a troubleshooting step cannot be performed, or if one replacement has already been provided, you will be directed to a brand service centre to resolve any subsequent issues.
Successful pick-up of the product is subject to the following conditions being met:
- Correct and complete product (with the original brand/product Id/undetached MRP tag/product's original packaging/freebies and accessories).
- The product should be in unused, undamaged and original condition without any scratches or dents.
- Before returning a Mobile/Laptop/Tablet, the device should be formatted and screen lock should be disabled. iCloud account should be unlocked for Apple devices.
Know more about the Return Policy here
- Divided into eight broad sections
- Subject coverage from macro (international) to micro (national) level
- Scientific and logical approach
- Simple, informative language
- Supported by tables and illustrations wherever necessary
- Sparing use of technical jargon
New in this Edition: Comprehensive, updated section on Current Affairs by Mr. M Laxmikanth
Table of Contents
SECTION I- GEOGRAPHY
- World Geography
- Major Types of Landforms
- Old and New Names
- Important Boundaries
- Oceans, Seas, Gulfs, Bays, Sounds, Straits, Channels, Isthmus, Peninsulas
- Major Natural Regions of the World Energy and Mineral Resources of the World (Major Mining Areas)
- Major Fishing Zones of the World
- Indian Geography
- Geological History of India
- Peninsular Plateau Region
- The Himalayan Region
- The Great Northern Plains
- Significant Islands
- Drainage Systems of India
- India’s Climate
- India’s Vegetation Types
- Tribal Groups and their Habitats
- India (Mineral Resources)
- Energy Resources of India
- Industries of India
- National Parks
- Beaches in India
- Hill Stations of India
- Waterfalls in India
- Important Towns on Rivers
- Some Major Irrigation and Multipurpose Projects in India
- Longest, Largest and Highest in India
- Major Cities that have been Renamed after Independence
- India’s Railway Zones and their Headquarters
- Inland Water Transport
- Percentage for various Land Uses of the Reported Area
- Important National Highways
- Terms Relating to Urban Geography
- General Information
- Chronology of World History
- An Overview of World History
- Chronology of Indian History
- Ancient World (4000BC - 500AD)
- World History
- Ancient World (4000BC - 500AD)
- Medieval World (500 - 500AD)
- Modern World (1500 - 1945AD)
- Indian History
- Ancient Indian History
- Medieval Indian History
- Modern Indian History
- Indian Freedom Struggle
- International Organisations and Relations
- Basics of Organisations
- International Relations and Issues
- Indian Constitution
- Indian Government and Civil Society at Work
- Federalism in India
- Government at Work
- Civil Society at Work
- International Economy
- Indian Economy
- Outline of Indian Economy
- Economic Planning in India
- National Income in India
- Money and Banking
- Public Finance and Taxation
- Insurance Sector in India
- Applied Indian Economy
- Physical Sciences Fundamentals and Applications
- Physics Fundamentals and Terminology
- Chemistry Fundamentals and Terminology
- Earth Science Fundamentals and Terminology
- Life Sciences
- About Animal Kingdom
- About the Plant Kingdom
- Applied Life Sciences
- Research Institutions in India
- How and Why of Life Sciences
- World Culture
- World Religions and Philosophies
- World Languages and Literature
- World Art and Architecture
- World Cinema and Fashion
- Indian Culture
- Indian Religions and Philosophies
- Other Minority Religions
- Indian Languages and Literature
- Indian Art and Architecture
- Indian Films and Fashion
- International Sports
- Major International Multi-sport Events
- Major International Popular Sports
- Indian Sports
- Origins and Growth
- Popular Indian Sports
- National Events
- Economic Affairs
- India and the World
- International Events
- Science and Technology
- Awards and Prizes
- Persons in News
- Places in News
- Latest Books and Authors
- Sports and Games (I)
- Sports and Games (II)
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Publication Year
- Krishna Reddy, M Laxmikanth