“Into the Realms of Friendship” is an inspirational anthology that takes each one of us on a voyage of discovery along with many spiritual Masters into the infinite and mysterious realms of friendship. Who is a friend? What is friendship? Does friendship continue from past life? How to identify a true friend ? How to make your friendship inspiring and long-lasting ? Whom to beware? Why is company important? What to do if a friend has hurt your feelings? How to establish companionship with birds and animals? This book attempts to answer these and many more questions, and helps many sincere seekers to find guidance on problems they may face in daily life. Through this anthology, the Masters speak to the deepest needs of the human heart and soul, and reach out to people with the universal spiritual truths that can make life more meaningful. This book provides a reliable and comprehensive treatment of the subject of Friendship, beginning with simple human friendships to divine friendship at a cosmic level, and encourages the readers to cultivate their own inner relationship with the Divine.
Into the Realms of Friendship is the first of a value oriented inspirational series of books under the series title Timeless Wisdom Series. Positive thinking, right attitude, faith and optimism are the hallmarks of this fascinating book.
The foreword has been given by Revered Dada J. P. Vaswani, a universally acclaimed spiritual leader of our present times, and a favourite of the youth who has captivated the hearts of millions worldwide.
* Contains the wisdom of over eighty philosophers, mystics and saints through six hundred thought provoking and inspirational sayings.
* The quotes from various Masters have been arranged thematically, taking reader on a journey from simple definition to a deeper insight into various aspects of the topic.
* The book contains three separate indices, viz., author index, source index and index of poetry and parables to enable the reader to refer to topic of his/her interest.
* A comprehensive glossary of various terms, texts and proper names including brief biographical sketches of many spiritual luminaries is included in the book.
* There is also a list of relevant books referred to, along with the authors, publishers and their contact addresses to provide support to those who wish to do research on the subject in greater depth.
* Animal lovers will note with particular pleasure that a generous section has been dedicated to our four-footed and feathered friends who share this beautiful planet with us and enrich it in their own unique ways.
* Delicately done illustrations of flowers, animals and birds embellish the text, each tying in with the theme of a particular section.
* The book is in 22cm X 17.5cm size with 300 pages. The cover is ornamented in four colour with UV coating and embossing.
* Combined with an eloquent and highly readable style, the book is helpful not merely to specialists but also to general readers.About the Author
Meenal Gupta has done her graduation and post graduation from University of Delhi. She is much influenced by the saints and holy men of India and abroad and is in the process of compiling, designing and publishing several value based, high quality inspirational anthologies under the series title Timeless Wisdom Series. She plans to bring out 20 more books in near future, the next one being on the theme of Marriage.Table of Contents
1. Who is a friend ? 1
2. What is friendship ? 5
3. The need for friendship 9
4. How to be a true friend 11
5. The divine art of making friends 27
6. How to choose good friends 31
7. Beware ! 39
8. Why should we seek good company ? 45
9. In the company of saints 57
10. If character is lost, everything is lost 63
11. Has a friend hurt your feelings ? 69
12. The magic of forgiveness 81
13. How to make friendships more loving
and long lasting 95
14. How may we nourish friendship 111
15. The miracle of understanding 113
16. Do you wish to help your friend ? 121
17. Friendship is joy 133
18. Does friendship continue from past lives ? 139
19. All relationships should be grounded in friendship 143
20. Universal friendship starts from home 147
21. How can we develop friendship with our children 151
22. Are you aware you have an Unseen Friend ? 155
23. Animals are our earth companions 179
24. Love your friends and enemies 197
25. Let us build a United World 215
26. Fellowship Song 229
Glossary • 232
Author Index • 249
Source Index • 252
Poetry and Parables Index • 257
References • 258
Suggested Readings • 270
Forthcoming Themes in the Series • 271