Dog Tags: A Fun Accessory with Casuals
You may have come across celebrities on TV and magazines sporting chains with funky looking pendants in metal, wood and other such designs. Known as dog tags, this popular accessory began with a more serious purpose. The history of this fashion accessory goes back to the American Civil War. Soldiers would write their names and designations on paper and pin them to their uniforms. This was done so that they could be identified in case they died on the battlefield. These soon got replaced with pieces of wood which later got replaced by aluminum discs, and finally, the oblong-shaped tag worn by soldiers in the World War II. It was in the 1960s that dog tags began to be used as a fashion accessory. The stamped names and other information soon got replaced by more interesting designs like flowers, initials and other decorative elements. Also, the traditional oblong shape has now been replaced by a variety of shapes and sizes that make dog tags the fun accessory that it is. While dog tags then were made of aluminum before, there is a range of fashionable designs available online today in stainless steel, silver and even leather.
1. Romantic Tags - Designed with hearts and words like ‘love’, these make cute casual gifts between couples. A lot of them come in pairs with creative designs. For instance, Men Style has a dog tag designed with one heart and one key which can be used as a cute gift to convey a message to someone you love.
2. The Traditional Military ID Design - Though no longer worn for the same reasons, the traditional oblong-shaped tag with details of a person’s identification is widely worn as a fashion accessory. With its neat look, this goes well with casual shirts.
3. Initials - While pendants with initials have always been popular, you also have dog tags that come with initials, so you can easily find one with the initial that your name begins with.
4. Dragon and Other Tattoo Art - If you are into mythical symbols and tattoo art, Men Style also has a range of dog tags engraved with dragons in different styles that you can choose from according to the kind of look you want.
5. Faces of Famous Figures - Apart from stylish designs, dog tags are also available with images of famous personalities in history like B.R. Ambedkar, Shivaji Maharaj, and even revered figures like Sai Baba.
The above are just a few of the many styles and designs that you will come across while browsing through this fashion accessory online. Religious symbols, the Superman logo, flags, swords and musical instruments are just a few more of the endless styles that someone browsing through this fashion accessory will come across. Dog tags are stylish and go especially well with casual outfits like T-shirts and leather jackets. Dog tags are available online from a range of brands like Men Style, Ammvi, Alpha Man, Sarah and various others. Let us look at some of the most common styles that you will come across while browsing through this fashion accessory online: So, have fun browsing through the different designs to find trendy pieces that you can wear with jeans and other casual outfits.