About This Book
Who This Book Is For
- Understand the various facets of Bootstrap 3.x such as Base CSS and Components in a pragmatic way
- Leverage the power of Bootstrap with a mobile-first approach resulting in responsive web design
- Optimize and customize your workflow with LESS and jQuery plug-ins
- Empower yourself with the inner workings of Bootstrap and understand the mobile-first paradigm of Bootstrap
- Get to know the Bootstrap Grid system and implement custom layout elements
- Integrate LESS to further enhance the look of a web page
- Get familiar with Base CSS and the various ready-made official components
- Understand the workings of the jQuery plugins
- Discover the additional resources and utilities that make web designing a breeze
- Develop a responsive and aesthetic e-commerce website to learn the practical implementation of Bootstrap
This book will help you harness the powerful facets of the Bootstrap toolkit and streamline your web designing experience. You'll get started with the initial download and customization and a brief introduction to LESS, then move on to learn about the Grid system and Base CSS, which is tailor-made for quicker and more robust web design. Learn about components, jQuery plugins, and other unique features that make Bootstrap an amazing utility to create remarkable web pages. Get to grips with the Bootstrap technical hub, which hosts the third-party resources, themes, and templates that enhance Bootstrap. By the end of the book, you will learn how to build a powerful and trendy e-commerce website that will help you with the practical implementation of Bootstrap.About the AuthorsAravind Shenoy
is an in-house author at Packt Publishing. An engineering graduate from the Manipal Institute of Technology, his core interests lie in technical writing, web designing, and software testing. He was born, and is based, in Mumbai, India. A music buff, he loves listening to Oasis, R.E.M, The Doors, Dire Straits, and U2. Rock n' Roll and Rap rule his playlists. He is also the author of several other books such as Thinking in HTML and Hadoop Explained, both by Packt Publishing. You can find out more about him on the Amazon Author Central page at http://www.amazon.com/Aravind-Shenoy/e/B00ITSR2WE.
He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.Ulrich Sossou
is an experienced software engineer and entrepreneur with a passion for solving problems. He enjoys helping individuals and businesses frame difficult issues in ways that foster the emergence of the best outcomes for them and/or their businesses.
His first experience with technology came at age 8 in his uncle's computer repair shop, where he played with early versions of personal computers, such as the Macintosh Classic. Since then, he has gained valuable experience in software engineering, architecture, and design as well as marketing and sales, and he has developed the overall skill set required to run a software business.