Operating System Concepts 8 Edition (English, Paperback, Silberschatz, Galvin, Gagne)
- 6 Quality ChecksYou get exactly what you ordered
- Fast & Free ShippingLakhs of products delivered within 2-4 days & Free Delivery*
- Language: English
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: WILEY
- ISBN: 9788126520510, 8126520515
- Edition: 8, 2009
- Pages: 992
- 10 Days Replacement Policy?
Validity Covers Type Accepted 10 days from delivery or installation* Damaged, Defective, Item not as described Replacement
*The validity for products installed only by Flipkart authorized personnel shall be 10 days from installation.
If you have received a damaged or defective product or if it is not as described, you can raise a replacement request on the Website/App/Mobile site within 10 days of receiving the product.
We will help you troubleshoot any issues you may have, either through online tools, over the phone, and/or through an in-person technical visit. If no defect is confirmed, the issue is not diagnosed within 10 days of delivery, a troubleshooting step cannot be performed, or if one replacement has already been provided, you will be directed to a brand service centre to resolve any subsequent issues.
Successful pick-up of the product is subject to the following conditions being met:
- Correct and complete product (with the original brand/product Id/undetached MRP tag/product's original packaging/freebies and accessories).
- The product should be in unused, undamaged and original condition without any scratches or dents.
- Before returning a Mobile/Laptop/Tablet, the device should be formatted and screen lock should be disabled. iCloud account should be unlocked for Apple devices.
Know more about the Return Policy here
Operating System Concepts, written by Peter B. Galvin, Greg Gagne and Abraham Silberschatz, is an informative guide to operating systems with an overview of all the major aspects.
Summary Of The Book
Operating System Concepts helps readers keep abreast of some key areas in the field of operating systems. These include clustered computing, open-source operating systems and virtual machines. In a nutshell, Operating System Concepts is a guide to the fundamental principles of operating systems. The book deals with topics like process, operating systems and their functioning, and design. It also looks at special-purpose systems, storage management, security, distributed systems and memory. Various concepts, practices and trends are presented along with other features of an operating system in the introductory parts.
Other core areas in Operating System Concepts include multi-core processors, transactional memory, Solaris 10 memory management, NUMA and the ZFS file system of Sun. The book contains a simulator for apt demonstration of topics and is divided into parts. Some chapters in this book include Operating System Structures, CPU Scheduling, Processes, Deadlocks, Threads and File-System Interface. There are many additional topics covered under these chapters such as Deadlock prevention, Deadlock characterization, Algorithm Evaluation, Thread scheduling, Process scheduling, System Calls, System Boot and so on.
This book contains many problems and exercises in programming for the benefit of readers. Students and aspirants can confidently tackle intricacies and nuances of operating systems with the help of this book.
About The Authors
Abraham Silberschatz is an author and academic. Abraham Silberschatz has also written Database System Concepts. Abraham Silberschatz has been Vice President at the Information Sciences Research Center of Bell Labs and professor at the University of Texas. He has held the Computer Science chair at Yale and is presently the Sidney J. Weinberg professor at Yale University. He is a Fellow of IEEE, ACM and AAAS. He has won awards like the IEEE Taylor L. Booth Education, ACM Karl V. Karlstrom, Bell Laboratories President’s Award and ACM SIGMOD Contribution Award. He has published editorials for the Boston Globe, Industry Standard, The New York Times and the Hartford Courant. Storage systems, operating systems, database systems and network management are his research interests.
Greg Gagne is an professor, and author. Other books by him are Operating System Concepts with Java and Operating System Concepts Essentials. Greg Gagne specializes in distributed systems, computer networks and operating systems. He holds the computer science chair at Westminster College in Salt Lake City.
Peter B. Galvin is an author, consultant, columnist, and trainer. Peter B. Galvin has also authored Applied Operating Systems Concepts. Peter B. Galvin has worked at the Computer Science department of Brown University as Systems Manager and is the Chief Technologist at Corporate Technologies Inc. He has contributed to Byte, SysAdmin, SunWorld and Usenix. He has trained security and system administrators and lectured at institutions and conferences.
- Publication Year
- Authored By
- Silberschatz, Galvin, Gagne
- B.Sc(Computer Science), Chemical Engineering, Information Technology Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Biotechnology, Computer Science Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Civil Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Information Technology Engineering
- 2nd Semester, 5th Semester, 6th Semester, 4th Semester