The Pearson Guide to Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for the CAT (With CD) 3rd Edition (English, Paperback, Nishit K Sinha)
- Language: English
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: Pearson
- ISBN: 9788131733745, 8131733742
- Edition: 3rdEdition, 2010
- Pages: 544
- 10 Days Replacement Policy?
Validity Covers Type Accepted 10 days from delivery or installation* Damaged, Defective, Item not as described Replacement
*The validity for products installed only by Flipkart authorized personnel shall be 10 days from installation.
If you have received a damaged or defective product or if it is not as described, you can raise a replacement request on the Website/App/Mobile site within 10 days of receiving the product.
We will help you troubleshoot any issues you may have, either through online tools, over the phone, and/or through an in-person technical visit. If no defect is confirmed, the issue is not diagnosed within 10 days of delivery, a troubleshooting step cannot be performed, or if one replacement has already been provided, you will be directed to a brand service centre to resolve any subsequent issues.
Successful pick-up of the product is subject to the following conditions being met:
- Correct and complete product (with the original brand/product Id/undetached MRP tag/product's original packaging/freebies and accessories).
- The product should be in unused, undamaged and original condition without any scratches or dents.
- Before returning a Mobile/Laptop/Tablet, the device should be formatted and screen lock should be disabled. iCloud account should be unlocked for Apple devices.
Know more about the Return Policy here
1. Practice questions simulating the CBT CAT in CD-full length and section test
2. Thoroughly scrutinized questions and solutions
3. Additional of CAT 2008 question paper
4. Additional new problem.
Providing balanced coverage of both Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, this book also includes invaluable methods and hints that will fine-tune the interpretative and problem-solving skills of readers. A careful study of this comprehensive manual will go a long way in preparing a student, not only for the CAT but also for their career.
Structure of the Book
This book is divided into four parts: part 1 facilitates and concept building in Logical Reasoning. Part 2 Guides the students in concepts building and development of the skills to apply these in Data Interpretation. Part 3 consist of test papers with varying levels of difficulty and part 4 contains six previous years CAT papers with solutions. Each part has three different levels of problems: Foundation, Moderate and advanced. These levels are hierarchical and sequential.
Time spent at one level will help the student in imbibing and assimilating the methods and approach to solve problems, which in turn will make it easier for the students to tackle problems at the next, higher stage. In other words, hard work put at one level will allow an intuitive functioning later. If one level is not mastered before moving on to the next, though good students would appear to perform well at that higher level and may get the right answers, it would be without any sound reasoning for most of the times.
Some benchmarking tests are also given at the end with scores and then finally few review tests to track the progress.
- Test-Engine closest to the On-line test
- Provided familiarity to new CAT system (CBT)
- CD has an innovative anti-piracy activation
- Lots of Practice and Analysis (Identifies Weakness/Strength)
- Personalized Feedback
- Sample Screenshots given in attachment.
Nearly 1,400 practice questions Unique in featuring a robust section on both LR and DI Includes a full chapter on DS (Data Sufficiency) Three levels of practice questions-foundation, moderate, and advanced that help students develop skills like visualization of variables, time management, stress handling and mental imaging A unique feature, called Flaw Detector, that helps students avoid the that's-an-obvious-answer approach Five bench-making tests provided for self-evaluation Analysis and solution of the last eight years' CAT questions
Table Of Contents
- Preface to the third edition
- CAT Demystified
- How to use this book?
- Section 1 Understanding Logical Reasoning
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Logical Reasoning
- Chapter 2 Developing the Skills
- Chapter 3 Logical Links
- Chapter 4 Sequencing and Arrangement
- Chapter 5 Miscellaneous
- Section 2 Practicing Logical Reasoning
- Chapter 6 Foundation Exercises
- Chapter 7 Moderate Exercises
- Chapter 8 Advanced Exercises
- Chapter 9 Mastering Logical Reasoning
- Section 1 Understanding Data Interpretation
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Data Interpretation
- Chapter 2 Developing the Skills
- Chapter 3 Data Sufficiency
- Section 2 Practicing Data Interpretation
- Chapter 4 Foundation Exercises
- Chapter 5 Moderate Exercises
- Chapter 6 Advanced Exercises
- Chapter 7 Mastering Data Interpretation
- Chapter 1 Benchmarking Test
- Chapter 2 Benchmarking Test
- Chapter 3 Benchmarking Test
- Chapter 4 Benchmarking Test
- Chapter 5 Benchmarking Test
- Chapter 1 CAT 2001
- Chapter 2 CAT 2002
- Chapter 3 CAT 2003 (Leaked)
- Chapter 4 CAT 2003 (Retest)
- Chapter 5 CAT 2004
- Chapter 6 CAT 2005
- Chapter 7 CAT 2006
- Chapter 8 CAT 2007
- Chapter 9 CAT 2008
- Publication Year
- Nishit K Sinha