CASTOR CARRIER OIL
Botanical Name : Ricinus Communis
Common Name : Arandi Oil, Castor Bean Oil, Castor Seed Oil
Plant Parts Used : Seeds
Extraction Method : Cold pressed
Color & Odor : Clear almost colourless with typical vegetable oil odour
Castor oil is a vegetable oil obtained from the castor bean. Castor oil is a colorless to very pale yellow liquid with mild or no odor or taste.
It is antifungal, anti-inflammatory, Immune enhancer, laxative, stometic, tonic, skin tonic as well.
Benefits & Uses :
• It is widely used as carrier oil and best for hairs, massage scalp, also use on skin disorders or skin problems.
• Castor oil penetrates deep into the skin due to its molecular mass. It can be use in shampoo, lipstick and lip balm.
• In the food industry, castor oil (food grade) is used in food additives, flavorings, candy as a mold inhibitor, and in packaging. Polyoxyethylated castor oil is also used in the food industries.
• In India, Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh, food grains are preserved by applying castor oil. It stops rice, wheat, and pulses from rotting.
• It may be used for constipation, as a laxative.
• It is believed that the antibacterial properties of the castor oil are mainly due to its high ricinoleic acid content.