Social Science : NCERT, is a one stop compilation of the basic, elementary knowledge of Social Science that is tested in the Civil services Examination. It is based on the NCERT syllabus which forms the basis of the examination pattern itself. All aspirants are aware of the importance of the NCERT books in preparing as well as scoring well in the Civil Services Examinations. This book is thus a MUST READ in order to acquire the basic knowledge required for the said Examination. The book also offers chapter wise questions to help the aspirants test their understanding of the concepts. Put together in a reader friendly format, the book covers the entire syllabus for the Preliminary Examination from the NCERT books from class VI to XII in all Social Science subjects. (Indian Polity and Constitution, Geography, History and Indian Economy)
1. Basic concepts of all the topics tested in General Studies Social Science Paper at one place
2. In depth, class-wise content of each subject starting from class VI to class XII
3. Notes on concept and principles in each chapter
4. Key notes in each chapter containing latest information on the respective subject
5. Explanatory diagrams and tables for comparative study
6. Simple and student friendly language and presentation for easy and long term retention
7. Practice Questions and Previous year questions at the end for each subject
8. List of important facts at the end of each chapter
Entrance Exams Preparation
Sheelwant Singh, the author of more than twenty books from several publishing houses including McGraw Hill Education, is an Assistant Editor at Pratyogita Drishti – a leading magazine for competitive examinations in Rajasthan. He has taught at various institutions for Civil Services Examination preparation. He is presently running an institute called BRAINZ IAS in Lucknow in the
capacity of Founding Director.
Kriti Rastogi is a post-graduate in Sociology and a PHD in Economics.
Sarika is a post-graduate in Socio Engineering & Human Resource Management.